Status
Not open for further replies.

dokebilee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Queens, NY
Hello,

I've mentioned this in another post as a side note but it didn't get noticed much. I have a 2012 GGTS, a beautiful device, and it has been performing marvelously for almost 2 years now. There has been a issue from the very beginning that I should have pointed out sooner but I didn't because I'm partly lazy and partly busy.

The bottom tube (where it houses the button and the vent cap) wobbles a little bit even when tightened down. I think that the bottom tube is slightly larger than the top tube. When the top tube is screwed onto the middle telescopic tube, it doesn't wobble at all, and the threading is flush against each other. It is a different story for the bottom tube though, the middle telescopic tube's threadings are not flush against the bottom tube threadings, and it's off very slightly causing a wobbling effect. This isn't too bothersome but I would like my GGTS to be "stiff" when everything is tightened down. To have it wobbling creates this offsetting feeling, if you know what I mean... and I think people with OCD can certainly agree hehe.

Is there anyway I can remedy this issue? Or, do I need to buy a new bottom tube? Heck, I don't even know if it's the bottom tube's threading that is causing the issue. The middle telescopic tube has two threadings on each end and one end might be smaller than the other...who knows. Does anyone else notice this with their GGTS? Like, tighten it down and try to see if the bottom tube wobbles slightly.

Thanks for your help,

- Louis

Last edited:

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
Do you use the battery spring? My guess is that is what allows the wobbling. I don't use the spring and have no problem as long as I have things tightened down snuggly, not over tightened of course. I'm also taking a little bit of a risk when I'm not using a Kick, as without the spring there is no protection, something to keep in mind. I'm assuming you're using the spring, if not, just forget what I have to say.:D I'd suggest trying your GGTS without the spring and see if that solves the problem. If it does then you can either use it that way if you want, or get a Just GG bottom cap which allows things to be tightened down more snuggly.

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Some wobble is normal. Even when tightened down completely. I could recommend trying to flip the telescope for testing purposes and see if the wobble is less. If so then you likely have an issue with the telescope. The top tube does not wobble because it screws I to a stopping point which makes it very tight.

dokebilee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Queens, NY
the movement between telescope and engraved tube is normal dok. Its the nature of telescope. But it happens only when you try hard to move it. Under normal vaping it doesnt make this movement

You're right, it's pretty hard to wobble it once it's tightened down. I only noticed the wobbling effect only after I looked at my GGTS and noticed it was not lined up straight when it is standing upright but it's pretty hard to see this, and therefore not a big deal. I was just wondering if I was alone on this matter but apparently not.

Vape on :)

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
If it is crooked while tightened down and standing up I would look through this website
http://mygoldengreek.blogspot.com/ to compare. I can't say that I have ever noticed any of my gg's not ligning up when tightened down. I can wobble them slightly when tightened down if I really try to. And if I hold the bottom tube and shake it I can feel ever so slight of a wobble but visually to me anyways they all look straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread