SF East Bay
Gingerbread Brulee

Gingerbread (Capella) 40%
Vanilla Custard (Capella) 30%
Caramel (Capella) 20%
French Vanilla (Capella) 10%

Total flavoring: 20% (I like it strong)
Base: 20% VG/80% PG

This has become one of my favorite recipes when I want something sweet and a little spicy. Great TH and good vapor. I don't recommend adding additional sweetener since it's very sweet as is. Enjoy!! :)

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
The Waffle mix I make is about the same recipe as this but substituting Capella Waffle for the Gingerbread. Here again it's important to use Capella and not PA. There's a big difference!! :)

I haven't had much luck finding a butterscotch I like. When I do I'll post the recipe. I need to try a few eliquid vendors' because I can usually get close if I can taste it.

humarock

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2010
MA
I'm almost 3 weeks into my vaping venture and thinking about DIY....But I'm a little nervous about it...truly, how hard is it? I'm not that great at measuring things (LOL), so that is what is keeping me from giving it a whirl....how do you folks find it and especially using the nic juice? any extra 'precautions' needed when mixing it?

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
I'm almost 3 weeks into my vaping venture and thinking about DIY....But I'm a little nervous about it...truly, how hard is it? I'm not that great at measuring things (LOL), so that is what is keeping me from giving it a whirl....how do you folks find it and especially using the nic juice? any extra 'precautions' needed when mixing it?

If you use 100mg nic juice, just be careful with it , keep it away from kids, pets..etc....and use good gloves. It's pretty potent.

I don't really measure....i just guestimate....make small bottles first starting out. I prefer 1/2 vg and 1/2 pg...then add my flavorings to that. I usually start out with a 10 ml bottle and fill it up about 3/4 way with pg/vg mixture, add my drops of nic liquid, then add drops of the flavorings until i get it to the strength i want.

You might want to just order some unflavored eliquid in the strength you want and add flavorings to start off with...

There's some good calculators on this site for mixing. I dont use them, but most do. Good luck :)

Last edited:

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
The Waffle mix I make is about the same recipe as this but substituting Capella Waffle for the Gingerbread. Here again it's important to use Capella and not PA. There's a big difference!! :)

I haven't had much luck finding a butterscotch I like. When I do I'll post the recipe. I need to try a few eLiquid vendors' because I can usually get close if I can taste it.

Aww bummer, I forgot to add waffle to my Capella order so I got PA waffle when I ordered my nic juice :( Do you add EM to this recipe GD?

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Humarock - read this guide before starting DIY. It will save you a lot of headaches.

Bovinia - EM is not needed since this is very sweet on its own. Some like to add a little for body and that would be alright, but personally I don't with this one. Capella's Vanilla Custard has a lot of body and is often used in creamy recipes.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Thanks for the answer GD. I've been following the EM conversation about adding body to mixes as well as a bit of sweetness. This will be my first time trying my hand at DIY and I've been studying the guide. I will probably mix some single flavor juices to get the hang of it. Ordered 60mg nic to start with and flavors that I know I will like alone as well as being common to the dessert flavors I love :)

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Since I DIY just for myself and friends I don't get as technical as I would if I was making it to sell. I have mixing bottles that I marked with permanent marker at 5% and 10% intervals. When I want an ingredient less than 5% I count drops for those. I know this is frowned on by the "experts" but it works for me and keeps it simple and fun.

I wear gloves, keep a sanitary surface and utensils and plan on using a dust mask in the near future. I feel more comfortable vaping my mixes than not knowing how vendors handle their mixing and what their sanitary practices are.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Thanks for the answer GD. I've been following the EM conversation about adding body to mixes as well as a bit of sweetness. This will be my first time trying my hand at DIY and I've been studying the guide. I will probably mix some single flavor juices to get the hang of it. Ordered 60mg nic to start with and flavors that I know I will like alone as well as being common to the dessert flavors I love :)

I've read your posts and you sound like you're on the right track. Have fun and ask any questions you have. :) I'm here to help people become more independent and make mixes better and more consistent than they can buy. I know there are many DIYers that feel the same.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
If you use 100mg nic juice, just be careful with it , keep it away from kids, pets..etc....and use good gloves. It's pretty potent.

I don't really measure....i just guestimate....make small bottles first starting out. I prefer 1/2 vg and 1/2 pg...then add my flavorings to that. I usually start out with a 10 ml bottle and fill it up about 3/4 way with pg/vg mixture, add my drops of nic liquid, then add drops of the flavorings until i get it to the strength i want.

You might want to just order some unflavored eliquid in the strength you want and add flavorings to start off with...

There's some good calculators on this site for mixing. I dont use them, but most do. Good luck :)

Hi ClumsyGirl,
First I gotta say, I love your avatar. I never chance the danger associated w/handling 100mg - not just the spillage issue (I live in CA where there's lots of EQ's and my two yorkies always jumping on my leg for attention), but also the inhalation of the fumes issues is also a danger issue. I believe it was a post from Hoosier that I read which implied that he goes outside to mix his 100mg for better ventilation. But, did you know that when buying nic from xtremevaping.com, it is cheaper to buy two 50mg containers than it is to buy 1 100mg container? Maybe that's Levy's way of hinting that it's better to handle 50mg than 100mg, just guessing, LOL.

I like your vg/pg mix, as the nic and also the flavoring are in a pg base, which would make it pretty close to the 70/30 mix I like for good vapor. I like strong flavoring, so I always try to shoot for 20% flavoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread