Girlfriend starting to vape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Women only understand force, so you have to play the bad boy with her (it's the eternal irony of women, they say they want us to be nice yet are always attracted to the douches who aren't nice). When I started vaping, I told my wife she should switch to vaping. She said "No, I'll keep smoking." So I installed a trip wire on the stairs that night and in the morning, she fell down them. It was good fall to because our stairs have two bends in them and she bounce off the corners like a pinball! I said "See, told ya you should vape. Now look what happened." So she got up all crying, went into the kitchen and spit in my eggs while she mixed in cig ashes into them. They tasted like crapola. After breakfast I said "You gonna take up vaping and quit smoking?" She said "No" so I cut the brake lines on her car. She ended up going down the hill we live on uncontrollably right into the hog farm pond at the bottom of the hill. She stumbled home covered in mud and pig poop and I said "Gonna try vaping now?" She said "No" and made me a Chocolate cream pie made out of Exlax. It took me about 6 days to stop having uncontrollable ........ but when I did, I slept with her sister. She walked in and was all crying and blubbering "How could you? You are a jerk!" I said, "I didn't want to do it baby, but I just want what's best for you so I had to go bad boy on you. Now will you take up vaping" She finally acquiesced and now enjoys vaping.

Sorry but I ain't buyin' your story. Anybody knows an Exlax pie is good for over a week and after that you could not possibly had the strength to jump her sis's bones.;)

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
QFT.

The setup doesn't matter, the juice doesn't matter. It's the desire.

I don't know about my girlfriend, she's not really enthusiastic about it (haven't tried it yet, but promise to give it a solid try), but she's not negative about it anymore. We'll see how it goes and I'll try to help her as much as I can.

The setup and juice really matters as well. I bought a cigalike mostly to be able to "smoke" without having to go outside. Then I started using it a bit more, but I still enjoyed cigarettes a lot more. It's noteworthy that my disire to quit wasn't quite there, but my cigalike wasn't even close to make me quit. Later I bought an evod 1 starter kit and used it along with cigs for a while, until I really felt the desire to quit. Then I used my evods only and stopped cigs right after I finished my last carton. I would never have been able to quit with a cigalike, no way.

The desire is what's matter most, but few people manage to quit using a cigalike. A nasty juice won't help much either.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
true that...I first tried the e-roll....did not work...than the evod...did not work..than the emow..did work some..than the Istick/nauti...and I was sold...I now have moved further along the equiment tree...but that last combo really did it for me (and is still the only set my GF uses and still works perfectly for her)
That's why I advice to start with a nice kit...I wasted quite some money on starter kits, with the added danger of giving up al together. So advicing people to not make the same mistake ;)

But there are plenty of people who are perfectly happy with the evod's etc. so not saying it won't work for you....just projecting my experiences on other people :D

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
true that...I first tried the e-roll....did not work...than the evod...did not work..than the emow..did work some..than the Istick/nauti...and I was sold...I now have moved further along the equiment tree...but that last combo really did it for me (and is still the only set my GF uses and still works perfectly for her)
That's why I advice to start with a nice kit...I wasted quite some money on starter kits, with the added danger of giving up al together. So advicing people to not make the same mistake ;)

But there are plenty of people who are perfectly happy with the evod's etc. so not saying it won't work for you....just projecting my experiences on other people :D
The evod 1 starter kit worked for me at least. People are different. I recently got a spinner v2 1600mah vv battery and a couple evod v2 glass tanks. I know I can move up on the tanks pretty soon though. But my gf also wants something that is small and handy. And she likes the looks of the evod. It's also more practical since then we'l be using the same coils :)

Reactions: drugarth

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
It was hard for me to stay on track with vaping until I had all the right equipment. I think the biggest choice to stop me from buying cigarettes was when I started to use unflavored, it's so neutral and I feel you can't really get sick of it. It's just easier for me to vape, no smell or distinctive taste which I really like. It will prolong some of the coils and it's super inexpensive.

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
don't push the quitting smoking part, I think that's where I went wrong just try to get her to like it and the smoking will fade, I don't really look at vaping as the way I quit smoking it's my hobby now :p
Of course I won't! I'll let her do it in her own pace. Hopefully I'll get her as interested as I am :p She thinks I'm weird because I'm so enthusiastic about everything vape related. For example when I:
- Keep looking out the window for the mailman
- Tinkering with my gear
- Looking for vape news or new gear
- Watching vape reviews on YT (indoorsmokers :D )
- Taking some pictures of my gear and placing my stuff organized
- Saying how much I want that and that
Am I weird?

Also I think that's why I'm spending a lot of time here, because I don't know any vapers personally. I know a few part time cigalike-vapers, but that's not the same thing.

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
It all sounds perfectly normal to us! :D
I could add a hundred more things to that list! Most people are just like: "ah, you vape. Cool. I do too. this is my vape. I don't know anything about it and I don't care. It brings me nicotine"
Nope just a average vaper, mailman stalking affects about 80% of us :p
I've actually had some nice conversations with the local mailman :lol:

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
only thing imo to help quit smoking or what helped me stop was simply flavor. make juices that she will love flavor wise she will likely not go back. after 3 weeks of vaping and going back to cigs at the same time I eventually stopped. I first had flavor problems could barely taste anything until I got a few juices that I loved. now I'm finding it hard to smoke a cig as they smoke differently and imo vaping seems much of a better throat hit/lung hit then smoking a cig even at 3mg. I do have 0mg juice as well I can feel the difference in throat hit but at this point idc as long as the throat hit isn't too insane for me like 6mg is then I enjoy vaping. the hardest thing for me getting into vaping was more of learning the terminology and fiddling with my mod/tanks/rda but how else will you learn if you don't? simply having people educate you on it doesn't help fully.

so imo just help her mix and teach her how to vape how she wants and let her experiment. if you do everything for her she might also get discouraged from you babying her

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
only thing imo to help quit smoking or what helped me stop was simply flavor. make juices that she will love flavor wise she will likely not go back. after 3 weeks of vaping and going back to cigs at the same time I eventually stopped. I first had flavor problems could barely taste anything until I got a few juices that I loved. now I'm finding it hard to smoke a cig as they smoke differently and imo vaping seems much of a better throat hit/lung hit then smoking a cig even at 3mg. I do have 0mg juice as well I can feel the difference in throat hit but at this point idc as long as the throat hit isn't too insane for me like 6mg is then I enjoy vaping. the hardest thing for me getting into vaping was more of learning the terminology and fiddling with my mod/tanks/rda but how else will you learn if you don't? simply having people educate you on it doesn't help fully.

so imo just help her mix and teach her how to vape how she wants and let her experiment. if you do everything for her she might also get discouraged from you babying her
Good idea. I am planning on doing most for her in the start, making a smooth fade over to vaping. And then slowly teach her. And it's absolutely true that you have to learn in by yourself. In the beginning, I didn't know anything. I bought a starter kit and vaped it. Didn't know what I was doing and spending hours figuring why x and y happen, and what caused z to break c. I learned on the way. Internet advice made me think "aha now I now how to do it, now I'm wise!". I wasn't. It didn't help a lot and kept doing the same thing over and over again. Later everything just felt natural.

Reactions: jacob bonilla

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
you can simply just recommend her to this site as well to help with any questions / help others I mean it really helps to have other people who vape and are more experienced to help. for me I didn't have that previlage in person everything in vape shows are over priced compared to online or they don't have great stock. don't think she will go back though I mean only con I really had was it has a different feel to smoking a cig everything else imo are pro's.

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
you can simply just recommend her to this site as well to help with any questions / help others I mean it really helps to have other people who vape and are more experienced to help. for me I didn't have that previlage in person everything in vape shows are over priced compared to online or they don't have great stock. don't think she will go back though I mean only con I really had was it has a different feel to smoking a cig everything else imo are pro's.
I wish I had that. Would've helped a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread