Giveaway! 10 x Univapo Unico Kits up for grabs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Sorry I only just saw, having the week from hell with all the PMTA stuff, so not been as active on here as I would be normally. I've chased them up now, will let you know what they say.

I got an email this morning. Thank you following up on this.

Reactions: markfm

bilboda

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 30, 2012
    Miami, FL
    I couldn't wait for luck. I was intrigued enough by the mod that I bought one. There is only 1 negative.
    The pod and coil are really smelly, nasty chemical smell. I soaked and soaped it. You can only do so much with a coil because of the cotton.
    I did the best I could and will say it vapes like a dream. Serious flavor , serious clouds if you want them. 35 w on the 0.3 ohm coil. Couldn't ask for a better vape, but that chemical stink.
    Even on the extra coils I purchased. Fairly certain it affects flavor. They gotta fix that. Doesn't anyone there have a nose? They did so well with all the features, but that stink!

Reactions: hittman

Vapah

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 17, 2014
    Mechanicsville, VA, United States
    So I got mine in today and I'll give it a quick first impression review.

It seems like a solid device. It is a bit of a tight fit taking the top on and off but once it is on it has zero movement. The button is a touch of a rattle if you shake it from front to back. When you shake it side to side you don't hear anything. There is a touch of a strange flavor on the back end of the vape. This is my go to juice and I have never tasted this slight funk before. Maybe it will go away. I'll let you know in a future review. When the airflow is all the way open it can still be used for mouth to lung if that's your thing. A quick heads up. If you are happy with a lower voltage than what is pre-set make sure you lock it down by pushing the + and - buttons at the same time. As soon as you take the tank off it will reset to the factory setting if you don't lock in the wattage. with the coil that came in it I seem to be happy at around 13 watts. The positive is it will save a bunch of battery life by dropping the wattage. This device has the most responsive button I have ever used. You cant even to a tripple click without it firing. Super quick to fire and I'm not exaggerating when I say it's immediately. The menu is exactly what you see. Power lock, on and off, puff counter reset, and device lock. Have a good one guys and gals. I'll follow up later when I have more time with it.

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I received mine yesterday when I got home from work. After reading a couple comments about an off taste, I washed the pod and the piece that holds the coil really well before filling it to use. I'm not getting any off taste that I can tell. The flavor production is ok. I saw how it automatically goes to 35 watts when you install the pod with the .3 coil preinstalled. I'm getting a decent vape at 13 watts and the airflow open. I haven't been brave enough yet to try it at 35 watts. That's gotta be hot. The mouthpiece did get hot on me when chain vaping at 13 so I can't imagine it at 35.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I doubt I will do a full review as I won't be using it. Here are the pros/cons as i see them:

Pros:
    --solid device, feels good in the hand
    --looks nice, nice colors
    --lots of vapor
    --powerful for a small pod device

Cons:
    --reverts to 35 watts automatically unless you remember to lock the device each time. This is a big con to me and I don't understand why they made it like this.
    --I had some leaking at lower watts. Probably to be expected when I am not going to use it at 35w.
    --flavor was off, maybe cause it cooked the juice too easily

Finally, this just isn't for me as I don't sub ohm at high watts. Others may love it.

Vapah

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 17, 2014
    Mechanicsville, VA, United States
    I doubt I will do a full review as I won't be using it. Here are the pros/cons as i see them:

Pros:
    --solid device, feels good in the hand
    --looks nice, nice colors
    --lots of vapor
    --powerful for a small pod device

Cons:
    --reverts to 35 watts automatically unless you remember to lock the device each time. This is a big con to me and I don't understand why they made it like this.
    --I had some leaking at lower watts. Probably to be expected when I am not going to use it at 35w.
    --flavor was off, maybe cause it cooked the juice too easily

Finally, this just isn't for me as I don't sub ohm at high watts. Others may love it.
    There are 2 different chips. Looks like we got the first version based off of some youtube reviews. Maybe they fixed the wattage reset on the newer version. On mine once I lock the wattage it stays there. I don't have to lock it every time.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    There are 2 different chips. Looks like we got the first version based off of some youtube reviews. Maybe they fixed the wattage reset on the newer version. On mine once I lock the wattage it stays there. I don't have to lock it every time.
    Yes but I wanted to change the wattage, play with it and get the best setting. So each time, I had to unlock it and then lock it to try it out and repeat for any change. Way too much trouble for me. Others may not mind it though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread