Status
Not open for further replies.

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    20140917_184703.jpg

Got my Glas clone in today along with a Infinite Magma, its my first mech so I have no other experience to compare it to but I like it so far. It has copper pins for the top and bottom as well as a very smooth magnet switch and the threads are also smooth. Its a lot smaller than I thought it would be and the Magma fits it perfectly and looks like it was made for it.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Eastern Ohio, USA
    I think you have to follow their face book to find out how to buy them. my problem is I dont facebook. Im honestly thinking about creating one just to try and purchase a glas mod.

This isn't an "original" rant, but quite honestly, if I need to learn some secret handshake or get nominated to some society of mystical vapors to get an invitation to try and attempt to buy a mech, they're not targeting MY demographic.

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    where did you get the glas clone from?

Ebay, I was only looking for an Magma from Infinite and ran across it, I havent even heard of a Glas much less the clone but got them both so cheap I was willing to to take a chance. Im glad I did as i really like it, I built a 28 ga twisted coil, going to re-build it to a dual set-up and go from there.

I think you have to follow their face book to find out how to buy them. my problem is I dont facebook. Im honestly thinking about creating one just to try and purchase a glas mod.

Same here.... Well, I do have a fake one for game login/bonus purposes. :laugh: :facepalm:

This isn't an "original" rant, but quite honestly, if I need to learn some secret handshake or get nominated to some society of mystical vapors to get an invitation to try and attempt to buy a mech, they're not targeting MY demographic.

I feel ya on that. I hear people talking about bending over backwards, doing this, doing that... Even a woman saying she sent topless pictures... To TRY to get on the list to purchase... Not really extra work I want to do just to be considered to possibly be someone who will be allowed to send my money to a company...

She did have nice cans though. :laugh:

I'll stick to my kinda/sorta available though semi-hard to find mods that my B&M gets in occasionally and lets me give them my hard earned cash on the spot for. :laugh:

edit: Said woman with nice cans who mentioned she sent pictures of said cans to glas folk still does not possess a glas mod. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

Kracker

ECF Veteran
    Feb 21, 2014
    NewCastle, DE

yeah, right ! Like the mod you have to solve a riddle to just get a chance for it (Grimm Green was talking about it)

jarreddizzle

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 2, 2013
    Oxnard, CA, USA
    See, that's what I just can't seem to understand ... If there still are customers looking to purchase an authentic Glas mod, why don't the company just make more of them?

You can't make money if you have nothing to sell.

An old Chinese businessman once told me .... You can't make money when your doors are closed, and you can't make money with no stock.

Lays Potato Chip Company once had a TV ad that said ..... "Eat as many as you want, don't worry, we'll will just make more"!

There is something to be said in that way of thinking!

Exactly. If the Glas mod was actually made for a consumer base, why not let the consumers consume? haha

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Eastern Ohio, USA
    Exactly. If the Glas mod was actually made for a consumer base, why not let the consumers consume? haha

I know that's a rhetorical question, but it seems to me there's a certain type of consumer whose interest in a product increases exponentially with the product's rarity.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, I'm just simply not that consumer.

^Stingrays are not that hard to attain. The Glas seems to be on another level, on a level which I would say its easier to attain Gepettos and Waparis than a Glas.

Considering I only know of one B&M that carries them, and they sell out pretty quick when they do get them in, for me they are somewhat hard to get. I am not one to order/trust online shops for anything 'authentic' in this particular hobby.

Some are harder to find than others, i.e. the limited editions.

And by no means was I comparing the difficulty of them to that of obtaining a Glas. :)

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country
    That's one way to stump the cloners ......lol
    Make the mod so hard to buy, that no one can get one to engineer a proper clone.
    Not even the customer base you are attempting to market the mod too.

:)

FYI: if freaking Facebook is the only way to buy a product, I wouldn't expect any level of professionalism.
    Some one who can't afford a simple website with shopping cart and merchant account isn't my first choice for quality and customer service.
    Just my opinion based on common sense.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread