GLV 2 is here and pre-order is now open!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
MI USA
www.greatlakesvapor.com
Very nice size comparision with the lighter... and congrats on your new toys!

Update on the AW Batts: So i took the freshly charged (switch at 3.6v) batteries off the charger at 3pm.. the time is now 9:23pm... 6hrs of vaping... minus about an hour ish that i was out riding my bike. My work day is 8hrs ++.. im deff gonna be needing some more batteries before i can start leaving my eGo at home....

Good Idea. I get 8 hours and I still keep a back up set. The hours will depends on how heavy you vape..I know someone who gets a full 24 hours out of a full charge. She uses it like twice an hour ... I'm thinking about getting it attached to my hand surgically.

$hua

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
SomeWhereOverTheRainbow, GA
Good Idea. I get 8 hours and I still keep a back up set. The hours will depends on how heavy you vape..I know someone who gets a full 24 hours out of a full charge. She uses it like twice an hour ... I'm thinking about getting it attached to my hand surgically.

You find a Doc willing to perform that surgeory... please feel free to send me his contact info...

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
Thanks guys! Yup Jay, I'd say I like 'em: except for just a few of the wee-est hours (insomniac here!), you can assume I'll always have one of these babies growing out of my hand and the other growing out of my mouth! :D (Now does anyone know where I can go to get help with that?? Sheesh, I had enough trouble already with getting as much done as I should!! :p) I could swear everything I use with them is tasting better and lasting longer, plus every traffic light I happen upon is green and I think I just won the lottery!! ;)

Speaking of green, hehe Doots, that mini is actually a forest/hunter kinda green but my crummy flash-less phone cam together with an overcast day was making it look black. (Which would also be fine tho! And it is a very dark, 'regal' shade of green.) Pink atties look hot on any shade of green too of course. LOL, while aside from that I used mostly neutral accessories for the pics, I have soooo many colors of cartos and atties (even some blue and green in both that pretty much match the minis themselves)... Aww, imagine the fun I can have picking out different outfits for them each day! :wub::smokie:

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
thanks guys! Yup jay, i'd say i like 'em: Except for just a few of the wee-est hours (insomniac here!), you can assume i'll always have one of these babies growing out of my hand and the other growing out of my mouth! :d (now does anyone know where i can go to get help with that?? Sheesh, i had enough trouble already with getting as much done as i should!! :p) i could swear everything i use with them is tasting better and lasting longer, plus every traffic light i happen upon is green and i think i just won the lottery!! ;)

speaking of green, hehe doots, that mini is actually a forest/hunter kinda green but my crummy flash-less phone cam together with an overcast day was making it look black. (which would also be fine tho! And it is a very dark, 'regal' shade of green.) pink atties look hot on any shade of green too of course. Lol, while aside from that i used mostly neutral accessories for the pics, i have soooo many colors of cartos and atties (even some blue and green in both that pretty much match the minis themselves)... Aww, imagine the fun i can have picking out different outfits for them each day! :wub::smokie:

lol.................................

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
Great job Miss and hearing (reading) your happiness makes me that much more enthusiastic about the impending arrival of mine.

Love the stealthiness of how it so nicely hides in your hand! Having hands probably larger than Jay's (I'm 6'4"), I suspect my 5V will fit in MY hand similar to the way your mini GLV does in yours - not so for $hua tho :lol:

simplyrock

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2010
Michigan
Great job Miss and hearing (reading) your happiness makes me that much more enthusiastic about the impending arrival of mine.

Love the stealthiness of how it so nicely hides in your hand! Having hands probably larger than Jay's (I'm 6'4"), I suspect my 5V will fit in MY hand similar to the way your mini GLV does in yours - not so for $hua tho :lol:
:headbang::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::headbang:

$hua

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010

/mumbles why are you bringing up old stuff eh?

Edited: My batteries went on the charger cold at 9:30ish pm.. it is now 11:55pm and one of the two batteries "charging indicator lights" has turned green.. other one is still red/blinking red/green. is it odd that one finished charging before the other?

Last edited:

jaybird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
MI USA
www.greatlakesvapor.com
/mumbles why are you bringing up old stuff eh?

Edited: My batteries went on the charger cold at 9:30ish pm.. it is now 11:55pm and one of the two batteries "charging indicator lights" has turned green.. other one is still red/blinking red/green. is it odd that one finished charging before the other?

Nope that' s normal. I have had the same thing happen to me from day one. I think what happens is the bottom battery drains and the top one does not ..or at least not as fast. I have never watch to see witch battery is witch, but that has to be what happens. If anyone has any real info on this please share because I would love to know why this happens.

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
Another tip for those new to stacking batts: If you have more than one set of batts, pair and charge them together. I use a Sharpie marker and write letters or numbers on them in pairs. This way you always use and charge the same two batts together and never end up accidentally mixing a used, or partially used, batt with a fully charged one. And, the life of the batts stays pretty much in the matched pairs.

Just be sure not to use ones so similar that if they smudge over time you would have a hard time telling them apart. For example, if you put a "B" on each of a set, don't put an "8" on another set.

and $hua, sorry for that last but I just couldn't resist! :lol:

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Nope that' s normal. I have had the same thing happen to me from day one. I think what happens is the bottom battery drains and the top one does not ..or at least not as fast. I have never watch to see witch battery is witch, but that has to be what happens. If anyone has any real info on this please share because I would love to know why this happens.

This is typical and happens with all 2 battery mods.
Not exactly sure why, but it is normal and happens whenever you are using 2 battys in tandem. 1 battery will always drain more so than the other. There have been posts on ECF dealing with this issue.

Always make sure both of your battys are fully charged when placing them into the GLV.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
More great info to have.

Just out of curiosity...

If the theory is that the bottom battery drains further than the top battery then would it be a good idea to mark the pairs even further, say instead of just marking first set as 1 maybe mark it 1a & 1b, to be able to accommodate flip-flopping which one is on top when in use so as not to constantly drain one further than the other?

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
More great info to have.

Just out of curiosity...

If the theory is that the bottom battery drains further than the top battery then would it be a good idea to mark the pairs even further, say instead of just marking first set as 1 maybe mark it 1a & 1b, to be able to accommodate flip-flopping which one is on top when in use so as not to constantly drain one further than the other?

Actually, I was just about to swap my batts (top & bottom) and came back to my computer to add this very idea to my post. :toast:

But, when I notice power waning, I swap the positions of the batts. It might be a bit overkill but there is no reason not to if help you remember which went in first (like if you leave the mod over-night and next morning can't remember if you swapped or not). If you always load 1a first, you will always know if you swapped positions or not.

Last edited:

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Actually, I was just about to swap my batts (top & bottom) and came back to my computer to add this very idea to my post. :toast:

But, when I notice power waning, I swap the positions of the batts. It might be a bit overkill but there is no reason not to if help you remember which went in first (like if you leave the mod over-night and next morning can't remember if you swapped or not). If you always load 1a first, you will always know if you swapped positions or not.

this is probably a good idea to swap positions half way through the normal use cycle. even the load, so to speak :)

$hua

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010

this is probably a good idea to swap positions half way through the normal use cycle. even the load, so to speak :)

as always.. thank you gentlemen... i will certainly locate a sharpie and label my batts for easier tracking and swapping during their use cycle's...

for whatever its worth.. the second battery took aprox 20ish minutes more of a charge than the other battery took..

$hua

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
UPDATE:

i got slightly longer of a use cycle out of my batts this round... i started using them at aprox 10am.. they went dead right around 7:30pm... this is an improvement over the 6ish hours that i got off them w/ their first charge. ( i did take a about 1.5hr vape break.. lazy sunday nap...)

Also.. i did mark my batteries as follows Battery 1 marked : 1B (bottom battery)
Battery 2 marked : 1T (top battery)

I did infact swap battery positions around what i thought to be approx half way through their usage cycle... maybe this is the cause of the extra run time.. or maybe i was vaping less today... i don't measure my drops/ml usage per day anymore.. so i cannot verify that i vaped an "equal amount"

Ill also point out that battery 1B (bottom battery is in fact the battery that charges faster, even when using the swap position technique. don't know what that means in the grand scheme of things but i thought id point it out and maybe someone with more experience on these batts could make sense of it.

Look for my full write up review next weekend.. i want to put in a full weeks usage on this beast before i give you my thoughts.. initial impressions review would seem fan-boyish right now.

jaybird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
MI USA
www.greatlakesvapor.com
I got a question. Is the powder coat finish just for the black. Or is the powder coat for the colors too?? Not shiny colors? Cause I like the look of the powder coat black one, just don't like black for the color.
Every color is powder coat and you can chose from what I have in stock or buy your own and send it to me. here's a link

Powder Buy The Pound
Heres's one that has quality powder as well.

Powder Coating Equipment - Powder Coat Paint Colors - Powdercoating

A quick update . I will be sending out tracking numbers in a little bit. If you dont get one tonight you will tomorrow ..this goes for the people who didn't order from the site as well.

Been a long day , ill answer replies and emails tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread