FDA Godshall interview exposes how FDA deeming reg bans nearly all e-cig, how vapers can fight back

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Ovale reduced heat and increased battery life and tank size with the Elips, but it was too late, cigalikes already had the reputation for being weak and awkward ... :(

The fact that Ovale is now dumping the Elips kits for about 1/3 the cost gives me hope that they are working on a "big brother", larger tank and bigger battery, but still small enough for stealth ...

Ovale elips-C Kit - Ovale USA

I know a guy who used to smoke half an analog, stub it out, and put it back in the pack (which smells really awful) ... :?:

Now he uses the eRoll and slips it back in the PCC, same habit with superior results ... :D

I always smoked that way -- had to, just to be able to afford it -- I smoked 120s just so that I could 'smoke them twice'. And yeah, it does smell really strong, though when I smoked, I didn't really mind it -- now it would probably kill me. :D

Andria

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I always smoked that way -- had to, just to be able to afford it -- I smoked 120s just so that I could 'smoke them twice'. And yeah, it does smell really strong, though when I smoked, I didn't really mind it -- now it would probably kill me. :D

Andria
The outrageous taxes on cigarettes cause smoking to be more dangerous for some smokers who can't afford not to get every bit they can out of a cig. Public Health people used to recommend smoking just half of a cig, and dispose of the remainder as a form of harm reduction. They put plenty of ads out there to inform smokers of that advice. They said draw a line halfway down, and don't smoke past it. Never heard them say not to smoke the ink, though.

Reactions: KattMamma

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
The outrageous taxes on cigarettes cause smoking to be more dangerous for some smokers who can't afford not to get every bit they can out of a cig. Public Health people used to recommend smoking just half of a cig, and dispose of the remainder as a form of harm reduction. They put plenty of ads out there to inform smokers of that advice. They said draw a line halfway down, and don't smoke past it. Never heard them say not to smoke the ink, though.

The "Big Ink" lobby is very powerful ... :(

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA

My response to that was always a firm "kiss my buttocks and mind your own damn beeswax"; they made them so ungodly expensive with all their precious TAXES, I sometimes smoked a 120 three or four or FIVE times, if I was taking short smokebreaks during TV commercials.

I really think "tobacco control" needs to a) get a life; b) mind their own damn business; and c) get a REAL job and stop trying to make life hell for those who act in ways they "disapprove" of, prissy little anti nannys -- I don't need their approval, never have, and I still say to them "KISS MY ....!"

Andria

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I've inhaled quite a bit of burnt filter in my time, from trying to get the last bit out of each cigarette.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
And those TV commercials with the woman who spoke thru a "voice box"... just made me a) mute the TV, and b) go have a cigarette. Also the nicorette and chantix commercials.. Now I just wave my mod at the TV and say 'USE THIS, YOU WON'T HAVE ANY DAMN CRAVINGS!"

Take that, big nanny!!

Andria

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I've inhaled quite a bit of burnt filter in my time, from trying to get the last bit out of each cigarette.
The idea was to avoid the accumulated tar and nicotine that would build up in the lower part of the cig, but for me, it was more and more unaffordable to do as the prices went up. I even sometimes rolled cigs from the tobacco in cigarette butts.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
The idea was to avoid the accumulated tar and nicotine that would build up in the lower part of the cig, but for me, it was more and more unaffordable to do as the prices went up. I even sometimes rolled cigs from the tobacco in cigarette butts.
I've done my fair share of ".... diving." I'll even admit that there were times, when I was younger, that I pulled a half smoked cig out of a public ashtray, like at the mall, ripped off the filter, and smoked it. It's a bit sick what smoking made me capable of.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I don't think I ever scavenged public .... trays, but I sure went thru my own, many many times when money was short -- if it was lightable without setting the filter on fire, it was fair game.

Andria

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
And those TV commercials with the woman who spoke thru a "voice box"... just made me a) mute the TV, and b) go have a cigarette. Also the nicorette and chantix commercials.. Now I just wave my mod at the TV and say 'USE THIS, YOU WON'T HAVE ANY DAMN CRAVINGS!"

Take that, big nanny!!

Andria

Have you ever seen the over-the-top warnings that Mexico puts on cigarette packs ? They found the most horrifying images of diseased body parts imaginable, and attribute them to smoking ... :blink:

Of course, it has backfired. Young kids, especially the guys, think the labels are cool, and compare them to see who has the most grotesque deformity on their pack, then light up anyway ... :rolleyes:

Kids don't like flavors any more or less than adults. But they do like anything bizarre and shocking ... :shock:

I was a kid once, and I sure did ... :D

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Have you ever seen the over-the-top warnings that Mexico puts on cigarette packs ? They found the most horrifying images of diseased body parts imaginable, and attribute them to smoking ... :blink:

Of course, it has backfired. Young kids, especially the guys, think the labels are cool, and compare them to see who has the most grotesque deformity on their pack, then light up anyway ... :rolleyes:
If I was still smoking, I would probably start collecting those packs.

Heck, maybe I should drive down to Mexico and do that anyway.
Some day they might become collectors items, as long as they aren't opened.
:D

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA

Kids don't like flavors any more or less than adults. But they do like anything bizarre and shocking ... :shock:

I was a kid once, and I sure did ... :D

I have to ask... what do they WANT? People to quit smoking? Then why is vaping banned in MX?

If they want to ban vaping... then why go to so much trouble to make smoking unattractive?

These places need to get the news: for most of us, it's one or the other -- smoke, or vape. There IS NO "just quit all of it." Not for diehard smokers who are sick of the habit but just can't quit. :facepalm:

Andria

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Then why is vaping banned in MX?

Andria

I have been told by a tobacco shop owner in Tijuana that there is an old federal law in Mexico that predates the current surge in vaping, it bans "artificial cigarettes", anything that looks like an analog but is not, meant to curb the import and sale of "candy cigarettes" to kids. This has been misapplied to e-cigs ... :blink:

The tobacconists would love to sell cigalikes, vape gear and juice, as well as would the OXXO stores that seem to be on every corner. It seems odd to walk into a convenience store where the counter is not spilling over with NJOY and Vuse displays ... :ohmy:

But the local authorities actually do enforce this law. Any store that displays vape gear will have it promptly "confiscated" ... :(

I'm sure the high smoking rate and heavy tobacco taxes in Mexico have nothing to do with this ... :rolleyes:

There is hope, some basic Ego style units have been appearing at swap meets, but the name brand juice is expensive, since it is smuggled in, and the local juices are really awful, and of questionable origin ... :shock:

The good news is that vaping is very popular with the 20 to 30 crowd in TJ, the night clubs on Calle Sexta don't even need to fire up their fog machines anymore ... :D

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
If I was still smoking, I would probably start collecting those packs

Remember the Garbage Pail Kids trading cards ? Young folks are drawn to anything gross and disgusting, like moths to a flame ... :shock:

One might almost think that Mexico is marketing cigarettes to kids ? :unsure:

Not intentionally, of course ... :rolleyes:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Probably have to go back to smoking the fda will probably ban anything to do with vapeing
  • 20+ year supply of nicotine in a small corner of your freezer: ~$350.
  • A few bottom-feeding mech mods and RBAs: ~$700
  • Knowing you'll be able to vape for the rest of your life no matter what the FDA does: Priceless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread