Going for massive clouds unregulated box

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoopy418

Oct 21, 2014
elko, Nevada
Alright guys, so I'm trying to get a build that'll chuck massive clouds, I've got a variety of kanthal wire from 22 gauge to 34, I'll be using a doge x rda on the triton mod. Any recommendations on what to try? I've done a dual 8 wrap 22 gauge that ohmed real low, I'm just not sure how well I can take two LG he4 batteries in parallel. Any advice is helpful. And to also help, I know ohms law and battery safety.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Because of the nature of this topic it is possible that a moderator may move it to the "Not advisable" forum, though since we're in the cloud chasers section I would hope we would be allowed to discuss things that may not be kosher in other portions of the site.

One of the staples of low resistance builds is a parallel 5 wrap 22GA dual coil set up with a 3mm ID which should come in around 0.09 ohms and draw 46A from the batteries.

Dual 8 wrap 22G coils would be around 0.18 to 0.15 depending on the internal diameter of the installed coils, If you're pushing two LG HE4's in parallel you can theoretically pulse over 40A depending on how good of a box mod it is that you're using, now that sort of use should not be taken lightly, you are entering a world with known consequences for misuse at these resistance levels, one thing left unchecked can end in a big big incident so I am going to assume you know enough about battery safety to continue this venture in a somewhat safe manner. IMO staying around 40A would be a much safer point to start with and you can work the resistance down lower from there to suit whatever needs you may be building for, anything past 40A is exceeding the CDR of the batteries and you are entering into the "Pulse drain" world, which is a touchy subject with a lot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread