Which Setup To Go With

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright I'm basically new to vaping, mostly dew to the fact that I never really found vaping with small clouds and basic flavors. I'm wanting to get into it more because the DIY flavoring caught my attention then so did the crazy amount of smoke that some builds can get. So I wanted to get into it myself, but I'm very cheap so my plan is to build a dual 18650 30A battery (Probably The Efest IMR 18650 1600mAh 30A or the VTC4 is anyone know a reliable Amazon dealer) DIY box mod.
Also, beause I'm trying to do this on as much as a budget as possible, I'm sticking to a clone for now, thinking mostly of the IGO-W3 clone. I'm also thinking of ordering a 30FT spool of 26 and 28 gauge, and a 3ft of 22 gauge, would there be any other sizes that are extremely basic?

My planned build is a quad core 22 Gauge Kanthal A1 at around .15 ohms. I've never built a coil so I know its going to be challenging but a challenge is always become. Would this be to hot? Even if I added more airholes in the right area?
But my more realistic build is wizardelites' build at 26 gauge Nichrome at 0.44 ohms.

Any feedback is appreciated! Oh and if a mod could delete this threat, still learning stuff and most likely going to completely change my mind once again.

Last edited:

tmassey

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2012
texas
If this is your first set up good job on doing your research. If you do go the diy route, make sure that with the switch you either you make it a true mech or use a mosfet.the Igo w3 might not be your best option maybe mutation x or dark horse. But good luck with everything you seem to be on the right track if cloud-blowing is what you're after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Alright I'm basically new to vaping, mostly dew to the fact that I never really found vaping with small clouds and basic flavors. I'm wanting to get into it more because the DIY flavoring caught my attention then so did the crazy amount of smoke that some builds can get. So I wanted to get into it myself, but I'm very cheap so my plan is to build a dual 18650 30A battery (Probably The Efest IMR 18650 1600mAh 30A or the VTC4 is anyone know a reliable Amazon dealer) DIY box mod.
Also, beause I'm trying to do this on as much as a budget as possible, I'm sticking to a clone for now, thinking mostly of the IGO-W3 clone. I'm also thinking of ordering a 30FT spool of 26 and 28 gauge, and a 3ft of 22 gauge, would there be any other sizes that are extremely basic?

My planned build is a quad core 22 Gauge Kanthal A1 at around .15 ohms. I've never built a coil so I know its going to be challenging but a challenge is always become. Would this be to hot? Even if I added more airholes in the right area?
But my more realistic build is wizardelites' build at 26 gauge Nichrome at 0.44 ohms.

Any feedback is appreciated! Oh and if a mod could delete this threat, still learning stuff and most likely going to completely change my mind once again.
igo-w3 was my first rda; haven't even tried to use it since I got better stuff.
I'd go with the magma;
I like this one because it doesn't have the plastic block sitting in the drip well:
1754904-2.jpg

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3028/10008103/1754904

But for cloud chasing there are better options with bigger airflow.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
What would be a good RDA that has good quad coil capabilities? I'm aiming for cloud chasing but with cooler vapor, Or would I be better off with a traditional three post design rather then a 5 post?

Oh; you really want to do a quad coil ; you must have great eyesight and small surgeon steady fingers!

Bump!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
oh lookie here!
30mm tobh

1712103-13.jpg

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3028/10007863/1712103

This igo-w6 looks easier to build on than the igo-w3; better access to the postholes:
1704300-1.jpg

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3028/10005100/1704300

here's a 29mm nimbus:
1904800-1.jpg

Ah! There we go: I know this isn't what you were looking for but I was reminded of this little 29mm monster.
1808008-2.jpg

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...rus-style-26650-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer
something about it just gets to me; haven't seen another like it.
I like the symmetry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread