Nic gum while vaping zero nic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ags79

Jun 18, 2018
Wondering if anyones had sucess with this. Had the idea to use 4mg nic gum while vaping zero nic tobacco flavor juice when a cig craving poped up. Ive been having one hell of a hard time figuring out what strength nic to vape. Im all over the place. Using a .15 coil @60w 18mg, 12mg , 6mg, diluted the 18mg with 4mg nic salts, tried 100% vg 6mg could barly feel it. Trying to find a happy medium like having a cig every hour, but with this vaping business im either chain vaping cause nics too low or taking one hit every few hours cause im laying on the couch lethargic with a sore vape throat from nic being too strong

Reactions: stols001

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
If duo use worked for you, I’d say do what it takes. But that nic gum is so expensive. I’d rather see you find your happy place with juice.

For me, and I dare say many, the higher the ohms, the higher the nic.

With such low ohms, I’d tell you to try the 12 mg at the most, and vape as needed. I use 6 mg in lower ohms, that’s all I can bear. And 6-12 in plus ohm tanks.

You’ll likely find that vaping is not equal to smoking. Smoking, you can go one hour, no more no less pretty much.

Vaping you tend to metabolize the nic faster if metabolize is the right word, so you may need more puffs more frequently.

but you’ll also find if you can’t vape for longer you won’t crave so much once you have been a vaper for a while.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd agree with the plan if it's working for you. Although it is true that the gum is crazy expensive. If you do want to get to 0mg nic vaping it might be a way to do that, etc.

I will say, probably if I were in your shoes, I might:
1) Up my nic and use one setup and try to use it sparingly.
2) Consider adding WTA to my vape and see if that helps with chain vaping/satiation
3) Consider investing in some inexpensive tanks maybe more than one, using the same coil, the same wattage, the same airhole settings, and try to see if you could get a few flavors going that work, and are satisfying, if you can afford it.
4) Sometimes (for me at least) keeping things simpler at first works well. I started with three N2 tanks, and used the same strength all the time.

Whatever you decide, best of luck,, and whatever works for quitting... Works for quitting. Etc.

Anna

Reactions: Opinionated

Storm52

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Shreveport, LA
Looks like you are using high nic in a sub-ohm tank. If you are okay with direct lung vaping, then cut your nicotine to 6mg. If you are having difficulties with the amount of vapor then get a .5 or greater ohm coil for your tank. Start at 10 watts and increase until you find your happy place.

ags79

Jun 18, 2018
Thanks for the help all appreciate it. I did come to the conclusion that PG really doesn't sit well with me after trying a hundred percent VG juice. PG was making me God awful tired and I'm not having the issue with this vg juice. Same nic mg. My issue right now which I guess is a quality problem LOL is I get 0 throat hit. I did like the throat hit with the 30 PG 70 VG but cant deal with PG. Is there any way to increase throat hit with a hundred percent VG juice? I searched for answers and I found using black pepper e-liquid or chili pepper, citric acid, upping nic, closing airway, more wattage. Anyother other ways? I feel if I get this rig any hotter my beard is going to burn off

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Thanks for the help all appreciate it. I did come to the conclusion that PG really doesn't sit well with me after trying a hundred percent VG juice. PG was making me God awful tired and I'm not having the issue with this vg juice. Same nic mg. My issue right now which I guess is a quality problem LOL is I get 0 throat hit. I did like the throat hit with the 30 PG 70 VG but cant deal with PG. Is there any way to increase throat hit with a hundred percent VG juice? I searched for answers and I found using black pepper e-liquid or chili pepper, citric acid, upping nic, closing airway, more wattage. Anyother other ways? I feel if I get this rig any hotter my beard is going to burn off

I never smoked menthols but I love vaping menthols/mints. I think because it gives a throat hit that isn't harsh.
Closing off the air gives throat hit that is harsh.

I sought out no throat hit nicotine. I recall 18mg 100% VG flavorless being like vaping nothing. 10mg flavorless is fresh in my mind and I got a sore throat trying to feel something while vaping VW, probably burning the liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread