Going shopping for a new tank tomorrow. What should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Kayfun is pretty much trouble free once you get the hang of it. It's not a cloud blower because the air flow is about equal to a Nautilus or Aerotank Mega, but you can white out your face in a mirror and that's plenty of vapor for me. Kayfun is predictable and repeatable. It's easy to fill through the bottom screw hole, and isn't prone to leaking if you keep it upright as much as possible. I pocket carry mine and even lay it on its side frequently with no gurgling issues.

My EHPro Kayfun 3.1 has an adjustable air flow through a screw on the side. I've tried it in various positions, but settled on full open. If I need to juice up the wick a little more, 2 or 3 short, energetic puffs before the next vape will produce bubbles in the tank and a more flavorful vape on the next hit.

I transitioned to the Kayfun out of frustration with Nautilus and Aerotank Mega during the time when coils were lasting a day or less. That's been fixed with the new BVC coils for the Nautilus and the new dual coils for the Kanger Aerotank mega and various other models.

I have the new coils for both, but ended up sticking with the Kayfun. I can wind a coil and just change the wicks here and there as the flavor begins to wane. Changing a wick is a simple process after you've done it several times.

Russian or the Nautilus

Your, sir are speaking apples and oranges or at least until you make juice, then they are both fruit juice. Don't get upset, I not being trite, but they are two totally different things, or at least until you modify them.

I have both and love both, especially after some drilling, grinding, unique coil building and all around modifying. Personally I think everyone should have a Kayfun/Russian, they are a RBA benchmark.

The Nautilus is a fine novice toy. The biggest thing it has going for it, in its stock state, is controllable air flow and lots of juice capacity. However when you drill out the base air holes to have (2) 3mm holes, and drill through the coil housing, build some hairy multiple wire twisted coils, wick them with organic cotton having about 1 1/2 inches long extending out of the coil housing into the tank they you have just made juice. I will put my modified Nautilus up against any RBA and most RDA and come out on top. However some may no care to mess with alterations.

But then again we have arrived at the same conclusion, what is good for me may not be good for you. Find what you want, do the research, maybe try a clone first the pull the trigger. Hey, a $15 clone is a good way find out if you really want to spend close to or over $100.

Then again, this is just one mans humble opinion.

ryb74ii

Aug 17, 2010
Louisiana
Good luck with that -- god bless you!

while i love my pro 2/mvp setup, browsing the pic threads has made me want to get something with a little more pizzazz. So in the morning i'm going to the local vape shop. The two tanks i'm looking at are the russian or the nautilus with hollowed sleeve. The store has both in stock so i'm trying to make up my mind which one to get. I know the russian is more pricey but that doesn't really matter. So given the choice which would you choose? Also which mod would you put it on? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread