Gold rush tube mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

jctennis

ECF Veteran
3.7 should be a snap. A plastic washer with a brass nail or screw through it would work well I think. If you are referring to the 510 connector I would just solder the center post and the shell separately. What I do is pop out the center post and solder my wire to it, then slide a bit of heatshrink over the post and the exposed wire. You can safely solder your negative wire to the inside of the shell with no shorting problems.

jctennis

ECF Veteran
gatorade cap.
200px-Guiness-Brilliant%21.jpg

Mr.JcP

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Taxsachusetts
I got my Blue Lightening DIY Acrylic Tube on its way. Thanks hoog and thanks Mr.Jcp for the PM to let me now they were up on line.

Anytime I'm a MV fan to the end.

Those 14250 batteries haven`t held up well going 5 Volts for me. Keep an eye on those batteries. They get Hot.

Good to know and thanks for the warning. I had planed a 5V mod with them on my blue.. M-V didnt have the regulator I needed and I have two for 3.7 may just go LR attys and be done if this is the case... I can PIF the 14250s

I wish these cells (3.0-3.7) were C rated. I do know no store has quality cells in this department.

Does Sanyo make a 14250? Id gladly pay 3 times the price for one over the trustfire or other china line of cells...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread