Gonna get a Reo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broodwich

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
Charleston, SC
So in about 2 months (it'll take me that long to afford it) I'm going to get a Reo. I want to get a mechanical mod that will fit in my pocket and last me through my 9 hour workday.. 11 hours if you count the driving.

So I was thinking the Reo Mini 2.1. That will definitely fit in my pocket. I wear men's cargo shorts to work so I guess something bigger would work also. I guess my question is, will a mini get me through the workday if I vape for a constant 2 hours of driving, and maybe about a good 1.5 to 2 hours (combined) through the workday. Of course I will have an extra charger and battery at work, but the goal is to not have to use them :p

Oh also, I wanted mechanical b/c I will bump into things and possibly drop my Reo at work, so I want something sturdy that can stand up to this :p So do you experienced Reo folks think the Mini 2.1 is a good choice for me? Or should I go full size?

Thanks in advance.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Broodwich, good idea thinking about a REO. You can't really go wrong with any of the REOs. The 2.1 has a 700 mAh battery, and a 3 ml bottle. That would not get me through a whole day, but I vape a LOT. One battery will get you through one bottle of juice, or thereabouts.

The REO Grand is really not very much bigger than the 2.1 at all. The REO Grand is the size of a business card. The REO Grand holds an 18650 battery with 1600 mAh or 2000 mAh, and a 6ml bottle. Twice as much liquid on board, and more than twice as much battery power. The only difference in the two (size-wise) is that the 2.1 is about 3/4 of an inch shorter than the Grand. They are the same thickness. If I could only have one REO (I have several) I'd have the REO Grand. It'll run any atomizer or any cartomizer (510 threads) you want to put on it....including all the new rebuildable atomizers that are out now. The battery and the 6 ml bottle lasts me all day with no problem. If you go here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/270331-free-reo-forum-thread-index.html, you can find all the information you need. There are many REO users there who would be glad to answer any questions you have.

Jan

EDIT: That REO in my avatar is a VV Grand....it's about 3/4 inch taller than a REO Grand. I'm a girl with pretty small hands, so you can sorta gauge the size from that. The Grand is about the size of a pack of cigarettes, only not as wide. (Like I said, the size of a business card.)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/267046-thinking-reo-but-one-cpl-questions.html Here's the picture I was trying to find. Go to post #13 if it doesn't take you straight there. That's a REO Grand and a Mini. The only difference between the Mini and the 2.1 is the thickness. The 2.1 is the size of the Mini and the thickness of the Grand.

Last edited:

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
So in about 2 months (it'll take me that long to afford it) I'm going to get a Reo. I want to get a mechanical mod that will fit in my pocket and last me through my 9 hour workday.. 11 hours if you count the driving.

So I was thinking the Reo Mini 2.1. That will definitely fit in my pocket. I wear men's cargo shorts to work so I guess something bigger would work also. I guess my question is, will a mini get me through the workday if I vape for a constant 2 hours of driving, and maybe about a good 1.5 to 2 hours (combined) through the workday. Of course I will have an extra charger and battery at work, but the goal is to not have to use them :p

Oh also, I wanted mechanical b/c I will bump into things and possibly drop my Reo at work, so I want something sturdy that can stand up to this :p So do you experienced Reo folks think the Mini 2.1 is a good choice for me? Or should I go full size?

Thanks in advance.

Jan has it covered well for you! The Mini 2.0 is about as thick as a Grand, just shorter. It does weigh a little less. I think you really have to consider what you want most. Smallest size or longer lasting battery. Must say that with two batteries you should get through the day with the Mini 2.0. No need to charge when at work. You might need more juice depending on just how much you vape. It might be close with the Mini 2.0.

Grand 18650:
=====
Height: 3-3/4" including catch cup
Width: 1-11/16"
Depth: 15/16"
ID of catch cup: ~19/32"
Weight: 6.3oz fully loaded
Uses 6ml bottle & 1 AW IMR 18650 Battery

Mini 2.0 18490:
=====
Height: 3-1/8" including catch cup
Width: 1-5/8”
Depth: 7/8”
ID of catch cup: ~35/64"
Weight: 4.9 oz fully loaded
Uses 3ml bottle & 1 AW IMR 18490 Battery

Please visit with us at the REO Forum. This not the BIG place where all the information can be found!

Broodwich

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
Charleston, SC
Thank you both for all the great info and links. I didn't realize how compact the Grand itself was. Now I'm thinking I may go with the Grand b/c I would definitely have to refill the bottle in the Mini. I was also concerned about it fitting in a jeans pocket at work, but looks like the Grand would do just fine.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread