good 'cheap' eliquid companies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
I want to find some good basic flavors (caramel, butterscotch, vanilla, ect.) and figure, surely there has to be a good 'cheap' place I can go to get some. I've been going to my local shop and that was all fine, until I started to realize that at certain places online, I can get 'premium' for less that the local stuff! The problem with 'premium' is that finding the basic juices is hard to do, everything is mixed with other stuff. I like mixing my own (premade) flavors together so that I can adjust how much of what I'm getting. I have thought about getting a 'base' (pg/vg/nic mix) and adding flavorings myself, but have no clue where to start there either! I have all my mixed premium stuff, sometimes I just want to add one certain flavor to my tank of either whatever I'm already vaping, or to my favorite custard or cake juice. I like playing around with mixing (as I said, already made) juices, but don't want to go completely DIY.

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
That’s known as diy. Though most people do it by buying unflavored and adding flavoring. It is THE cheapest way to go. I suggest perusing the diy forum section DIY E-Liquid

There’s also a new thread on sales for diy stuff. I don’t have a link though. It’s around here somewhere

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IDK, it sounds to me (say, if you are wanting to just add a bit of "different" flavor to an existing juice, that if you have particular flavors that work for you, usually, you do have the option of getting some unmixed flavors, or even one shots (they are premixed flavor concentrates, that typically are ready to go, and don't require a ton of steeping, you could slowly try that. For example, you could get some unflavored base in the PG/VG ratio you want, and try using some one shots, or even some "single flavors" that you could combine with your other juices (although, adding a drop or two of a particular manufacturer's flavor, like a few drops of caramel into you premade juice might work just as well.

DIY isn't hard, it does need a certain amount of prep, but you may be surprised at what you could create yourself, for far less expense. You don't have to go big or go home, either, many folks start DIY after buying not a huge amount of supplies and ingredients to see how they like it.

It is the cheapest juice, we still don't know how the FDA is going to handle "flavoring issues" down the line, it may be worth your time to do a bit of experimenting and build your skills before they're "truly needed" so to speak, and you may find yourself pleasantly surprise that YOU can make the best juice for yourself, compared to ANY vendor. That's been my personal experience, and DIY is now one of my favorite aspects of vaping, although I approached it very slowly and a bit timidly at first. I did not expect to enjoy my juices (or the process) and was pleasantly surprised by the ease of both, with a bit of preparation.

Because I DIY, I don't have a ton of recommendations for juice makers. My husband enjoys Heather's Heavenly vapes, although well, I'm not sure I'd call them the cheapest juice maker on the market and etc.

Best of luck, I hope you find what you need :)

Anna

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
IDK, it sounds to me (say, if you are wanting to just add a bit of "different" flavor to an existing juice, that if you have particular flavors that work for you, usually, you do have the option of getting some unmixed flavors, or even one shots (they are premixed flavor concentrates, that typically are ready to go, and don't require a ton of steeping, you could slowly try that. For example, you could get some unflavored base in the PG/VG ratio you want, and try using some one shots, or even some "single flavors" that you could combine with your other juices (although, adding a drop or two of a particular manufacturer's flavor, like a few drops of caramel into you premade juice might work just as well.

DIY isn't hard, it does need a certain amount of prep, but you may be surprised at what you could create yourself, for far less expense. You don't have to go big or go home, either, many folks start DIY after buying not a huge amount of supplies and ingredients to see how they like it.

It is the cheapest juice, we still don't know how the FDA is going to handle "flavoring issues" down the line, it may be worth your time to do a bit of experimenting and build your skills before they're "truly needed" so to speak, and you may find yourself pleasantly surprise that YOU can make the best juice for yourself, compared to ANY vendor. That's been my personal experience, and DIY is now one of my favorite aspects of vaping, although I approached it very slowly and a bit timidly at first. I did not expect to enjoy my juices (or the process) and was pleasantly surprised by the ease of both, with a bit of preparation.

Because I DIY, I don't have a ton of recommendations for juice makers. My husband enjoys Heather's Heavenly vapes, although well, I'm not sure I'd call them the cheapest juice maker on the market and etc.

Best of luck, I hope you find what you need :)

Anna

I do love creating my own mixes, and I seem to be pretty good at figuring out what flavors mix well together (for myself anyway). I think the only thing that really turned me away from DIY was trying to get into when I did. I was still very new to vaping (about 4 years ago) and I really didn't want to mess with nicotine, I have 3 kids and at the time they were a little young, and I just didn't want it in my house (I was paranoid for sure)... but I have just started kinda looking into some options now bc I think I could get away with not using much if any nic (I vape 0-3mg depending on what I have available lol) and there are a lot of places now that seem to have the mixes already put together, so that all I really would need to do is add flavorings. I definitely think it'd be a lot easier for me now. I'm sensitive to PG, so I wouldn't need much of that, I don't use much nic, so that's not an issue... I guess I just haven't really thought much about it lately, but it would be a much better option!

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I remember that months ago (IIRC July or thereabouts), IDJoel and I, and many others were helping you with the same thing, and with DIY... in at least 1 thread in the DIY Forum, and in PM conversations with me, too. Whatever happened with continuing with it back then?

ETA: Went back and found 1 of the threads from then -

New to flavorings... advice, best brands, ect.

Last edited:

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
I remember that months ago (IIRC July or thereabouts), IDJoel and I were both helping you with DIY... in threads in the DIY Forum and in PM conversations with me, too. Whatever happened with continuing with it back then?

To be honest, I keep saying I'm going to get into DIY, or at least put more effort into at least trying to get into it, but with my health and life, there's always crap popping up and I get derailed. I know its something I want to try, I just need to DO it! I think I'm just scared, which may sound weird, but with my health, sometimes I can't get out of bed, so committing to this new 'thing' seems impossible and I give up.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Affordable Juice companies that I use are:
The SauceLA
Vape Juice & e-Liquid | FREE e-Juice In Every Order | The Sauce LA
Om Vapors
Diketone Free E-Juice & WTA Liquids | Om Vapors
Verde Valley Vapes
Verde Valley Vapes - "Home of the 10 Dollar 100ml". Made in the U.S.A.
Om Vapor is still having a 75% off sale going on -$4.99 for 120ml bottles
I ordered 9- 120ml bottles and they arrived quickly I have ordered from them many times.
The SauceLA is another place I buy from all the time, they are having 60% off sale right now- love their coffee flavors! Very good customer service and quick shipping.
I won 10 - 100ml bottles from V3 they arrived quickly and I really liked their juice too.
Watch for sales- join their FaceBook pages or sign up for their newsletters.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
I got some samples from The Dollar Ejuice Club... they're 5ml bottles for .99c each... there were a few I liked, some were just 'ok', but I did find a couple of good base flavors, so I ordered them in 60ml bottles for $8.99 each, which isn't bad at all.

I remember that months ago (IIRC July or thereabouts), IDJoel and I, and many others were helping you with the same thing, and with DIY... in at least 1 thread in the DIY Forum, and in PM conversations with me, too. Whatever happened with continuing with it back then?

ETA: Went back and found 1 of the threads from then -

New to flavorings... advice, best brands, ect.
As far as that goes, I replied earlier, but I just saw that you added the link to my old post. I do still have all that information... I know I asked about getting into DIY before, and as I said, it's still something I'd like to get into at some point, but (as I said above) between finances, my health and having 3 kids, dogs and a tiny house with not a lot of extra storage, it's not something I'd be able to get into right this minute. I was asking about cheaper premade juice this time... until I can get into DIY a bit more.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
As far as that goes, I replied earlier, but I just saw that you added the link to my old post.

To clarify - I didn't go back and add the link to your old post after you had responded. I added the link at 7:02 PM, when I edited my original post. You responded to my post at 7:17 PM. I read it and hadn't been back to the thread since then, until you just posted, tagging me.

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
I rarely buy premade juice but Mt Baker is pretty cheap and generally good.

Mt Baker Vapor - Vape Juice | E Juice | Vape Devices

Up till I started making my own juice; Mt Baker was my go to online shop. I have been buying juice from them for a good 4 years exclusively. Back in the old days you could go to their site and create your own juices; pick your flavors, pg/vg ratios and nic amount. I loved it. They eventually stopped doing that and I switched to their Thug Juice.

The thing with Mt. Baker is they are very inconsistent. I would buy the same juice each time and each time the taste would be a little different. Or back when I could create my own recipes on their site I would keep notes on which ones I liked and exact ratios. Then reorder it and it would taste completely different the next time.

But the prices were so good I kept doing business with them. The last batch of Thug juice I bought was so off that i decided to DIY my own juice and you want to know something? It is only too easy to replicate the same juice over and over again. My juices always taste exactly how they should, from one batch to the next. And now I know that Mt. Baker runs a sloppy process, or at the least have people that do not care about being precise when mixing batches.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
To clarify - I didn't go back and add the link to your old post after you had responded. I added the link at 7:02 PM, when I edited my original post. You responded to my post at 7:17 PM. I read it and hadn't been back to the thread since then, until you just posted, tagging me.
I was just saying, I didn't see that til last night, that's all.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
Up till I started making my own juice; Mt Baker was my go to online shop. I have been buying juice from them for a good 4 years exclusively. Back in the old days you could go to their site and create your own juices; pick your flavors, pg/vg ratios and nic amount. I loved it. They eventually stopped doing that and I switched to their Thug Juice.

The thing with Mt. Baker is they are very inconsistent. I would buy the same juice each time and each time the taste would be a little different. Or back when I could create my own recipes on their site I would keep notes on which ones I liked and exact ratios. Then reorder it and it would taste completely different the next time.

But the prices were so good I kept doing business with them. The last batch of Thug juice I bought was so off that i decided to DIY my own juice and you want to know something? It is only too easy to replicate the same juice over and over again. My juices always taste exactly how they should, from one batch to the next. And now I know that Mt. Baker runs a sloppy process, or at the least have people that do not care about being precise when mixing batches.
I've seen that with some of their reviews, that's really crazy it's so inconsistent! For a company that's been around so long, you'd expect more.

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
If I were you I would just say screw it and get into DIY. It is not a large investment to get started but there is some investment. The thing is it is easy. It is safe to do and it doesn't take long.

I am a father of two and married. We own a house, have two dogs, have two koi ponds, work full time just as my wife does and have all the chores and responsibilities that come with having all of the above. I still do not have any problem finding time to make juice. And storing everything is easy. Some stuff just place in the fridge, some stuff place in a box under the bed, in the closet, in a drawer...whatever.

I'm super busy most of the time and still find time for my personal hobbies and making ejuice when I need to.
I only have to sit down once a month to make juice.

So my point is; if I can do it you can do it. How hard is sitting in a chair and mixing? Not hard at all. Ultimately you will save a ton of money on juice too which I'm sure you can appreciate. There is a entire group of DIY members here that will gladly help you with any questions; myself included.

Hell; if someone here lives in so cal and near enough to me I would gladly invite them over for a crash course in juice mixing. Unfortunately I do not know a single person that vapes in my life. I know some smokers though.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I can understand hesitance if you have pets and small kiddos around. Personally in that situation, I would look for a small (used) fridge one of those fridges parents are always buying their kids for college. I keep all my "active" DIY stuff in there, and I cleared myself space in the freezer to keep nic I've stockpiled. I have a fair amount of stuff, my VG lives in my closet (but, it's completely harmless to pets and whatnot, you'd have to literally try to DRINK a fair amount to even cause some gastric upset.

I'm sure you have "adult spaces" heck, most everything but the nic, you can keep at room temp if you want. Store it in an area the kids aren't allowed, like the master bathroom, or whatever space is reserved as "adult space" and kind of go from there. You can start small, and unless you enjoy tobacco and menthol flavors alone (which it seems the FDA may be gunning for at some point in the future) it may be worthwhile to at least try it, and see how you do. You can start with sample size flavors, and small amounts of Nic, PG, and VG. Really the only one you need to be worried about is the nic. It's worth a shot, if you have any interest at all.

I could have "decided" to not start mixing myself, but I am so glad I did. The initial effort and learning curve was so worth the results (for me). It's something I've really come to enjoy.

I would consider if you can minimize the safety issues. When I mix, I use two baking sheets, one for my "mixes" and the other for everything else. And drips, dribbles and etc. are usually pretty easy, and easy to clean up as well, I simply store my mixes where they will steep (after cleanup and washing and labelling the bottles) and then wash the two baking sheets. If you buy either lower concentrate nic, or less higher concentrate nic, your hazard will be minimized. I worried when I started mixing, so I bought 48 mg/ml nic to start but as I ran out, I quickly found that working with the 100 mg/ml is equally easy to do. If you do the nic first and then clean up ANY mess, returning the nic to a safe place, well, you'll know that any and all other spills aren't going to be hazardous and etc.

It is the cheapest juice, with the all the fun that comes from knowing you created it yourself.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Anna

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
How hard is sitting in a chair and mixing? Not hard at all.
That's actually part of my problem lol... I have a spine that's collapsing, LITERALLY, so sitting for more than 5-10 minutes is very hard for me, but I get what you're saying. Anything I do takes 2, 3 times longer than a 'normal' person. I'll figure it out and get into it when I feel confident enough. I do like the idea of finding someone who DIYs and getting a crash course lol.

• Optimistic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread