Good mid range (price wise) 5v mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewlady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Have you looked at the Saber Touch? Saber Touch VariVolt

I have a 3.7/6v, and a mini, so I haven't tried the VariVolt. But I can tell you that the two I have are great mods. I use my eGo during the day, but as soon as I get home I grab a Saber Touch. Personally, I love the touch button, nothing to break and they are both very comfortable to hold. Which is a good thing because I never put it down!

Good luck with your search.

CHEERS!
:toast:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Well, I build my own 5 v box mods... but I know enough to solder, have an iron, solder, etc. If you're into modding, building your own is fun. See the modder's forum. If you already have an iron and solder, or can borrow some with a few basic tools, modding is the least expensive.

Modders Forum

Box, switch, regulator and a 510 connector is about $10.00 USD ish. 2 Batteries and charger about another $20.00 ish. Your prices may vary, that's a real rough ball-park figure. Total $ 30-35 for a "kit" and your own labor. Of course, you'll want a 2nd pair of batteries, and an atty/carto or two.

If you're not into modding, that kazoo-mod in Skyycamel's post #2 looks to be a fair deal. They have a bundle with charger, box, and batteries. I haven't tried em tho. They say they have another mod "coming soon" that may be a vv or multi-v mod too (unsure right now... very little info on site). Looks to be interesting, and fairly priced IMO.

Last edited:

alisab

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
WI
nocigs.com maker of the vv buzz will be selling - very likely this week - the infinity - a vv that can be adjusted without any tools - it looks very nice, the price is 80.00 for the unit only, the kit that is another option comes with batteries and a charger. He got most, if not all of the parts to assemble last week to put on sale, I believe this first round he will have 500 units. Worth taking a look - people love the buzz, very reliable.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
That Infinity vv mod from NotCigs should be going into production by the beginning of next week. Buzzkill dropped the price of the full kit (w/ batts & charger) by $10.00. The full kit is $99.95 with a second set of batts going for $8.00. You can't beat that for a vv mod. The thing is nice looking too. I know my Buzz is a fine device so I trust that this one is going to be a good one.

MichaelOz

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2010
Czech Republic
Thanks for all the replies so far, and after having a look around I would say the only mid ranged vv mod I would find was the Infinity. I can definitely see that mod becoming one of the leading mods around.

Well, now its confession time. I decided to order the Provari. I think if the Infinity was already in production and tried and tested, I would have gone for this. Another contender was the GLV2 which I still think is an awesome mod. I know the Provari isn't cheap, but I decided to bite the bullet on this and I think it will be worthwhile in the end.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Thanks for all the replies so far, and after having a look around I would say the only mid ranged vv mod I would find was the Infinity. I can definitely see that mod becoming one of the leading mods around.

Well, now its confession time. I decided to order the Provari. I think if the Infinity was already in production and tried and tested, I would have gone for this. Another contender was the GLV2 which I still think is an awesome mod. I know the Provari isn't cheap, but I decided to bite the bullet on this and I think it will be worthwhile in the end.

I have a GLV2 5V and a Buzz. I could recommend them both. I'm sure you'll like the ProVari though. I was thinking about that one or the Buzz when I was shopping for VV but the ProVari was still a pre order then and the Buzz was in stock. Plus it costs about $40.00 less. I got it in 2 days. NotCigs is awesome on service BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread