Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyprus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Oregon
OMG~! Cyprus is back! With PICS!

Welcome back, and congratulations and best forever wishes! And please, tell us more about the big day and your vacation!

MOAR PICS, MOAR PICS, MOAR PICS! :)

ETA: Your wife is beautiful! You make a very good-looking couple!
Where to start...was a busy week in Vegas for us. In between all the bigger events there was a lot of wandering, munching at random places, drinking & occasional gambling (not really much from myself or my wife as we have never really been gamblers).

Sunday: Took care of all legal marriage paperwork for the state of Nevada as well as hanging out on Freemont Street for a while with my brother & wife. Later on, the three of us saw Sin City Comedy. After that, we met up with her brother & a good friend to drink beer until the early hours.

Monday: Went to a timeshare presentation thing to score 10 free tickets to Marc Savard Comedy Hypnosis (great show...hilarious) for the majority of us to all attend since that is when most everyone else arrived. After that show, everyone called it an early night to get plenty of rest for the wedding day.

Tuesday: Woke up early...my wife & her Maid of Honor headed to the Salon at TI for her hair & makeup appointments while the Best Man, our friend Charles & myself headed to the Bellagio's Salon where we all got the Royal Shave. After that, everyone just headed to TI so that the last of the paperwork could be signed before the ceremony & so the guests could find where they needed to be. The ceremony was short & simple (which is why we chose Vegas) so there weren't any "big" wedding surprises...the minister had a very modern approach to everything which was perfect for us. After the short ceremony, we were tortured with professional photography for an hour (I say torture for a reason...if you have ever had professional photography done, you know what I mean). Once we were done with that, we all got together, hugs smiles & laughs were shared & we all headed back down the strip passing around a bottle of champagne on our way to the Bellagio's famous buffet. That evening, most of us joined up at the Rio to watch Penn & Teller.

Wednesday: We had originally had plans to hang out during the day then meetup at night on Freemont Street but changed those since some of our elder family members that wanted to go were feeling worn out from all the walking we had been doing. So my wife, her maid of honor, brother in law, best man, a couple good friends & myself all wandered to random places while drinking giant Vegas style alcohol slushies. We checked out the Goretorium, rode the roller coaster at New York New York, watched an Irish band at the Irish Pub & won a little money on Roulette.

Thursday: Most everyone was already gone or flying out this day with the rest of us leaving the next day so we used this day to wind down a bit. Wife & I had our appointment to see/buy our photos that day & once we were done there, those of us that were left wandered down to The Mirage to check out the Secret Garden & Dolphin Habitat. Later on that night, we went to see Cirque Du Soleil's Ka at the MGM Grand (just my wife, Charles & myself). Fresh off the high of another great show, the three of us wandered to random places for little bites to eat & drinks.

Friday: This was fly home day but my wife & I had a late flight so we wandered just a bit & had a 3D laser etched keepsake made from one of our wedding photos (http://www.cashmancrystal.com/)...we had ordered it the day before & needed to pick it up. After our first flight, we were stuck in San Fransisco with 2 delays so we chilled at a bar there drinking beer, watching a little of the playoffs & conversing with random travelers. She got to show off the wedding photos to a really sweet older couple we met at the bar there.

Hope that is enough details lol. As for the photos...they did a good job on all of them but they still caught us with some derpy faces, sun squinting & just before/after/fighting laughter. The minister was a little comedic & our guests out on the dock randomly screamed "ARRRR!" at one point & we had to try & stop ourselves from laughing too hard...she caught me with the camera right at that moment too.
https://picasaweb.google.com/106542...authkey=Gv1sRgCJOZ3KC8ou_9gwE&feat=directlink

kittypie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Charlotte NC
THAT. IS. AWESOME.

You tell it so well, and I am completely enthralled, and the photos are just dreamy! You say you've been together 10 years...so you met when you were 12? You look much younger than I had envisioned!

Hearty congrats and best wishes to you and your bride. Kinda cool to call her "wife", huh? :) Lord, I love me a good wedding. Thank you so much for sharing! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Last edited:

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Good night everyone.
0_sweet_dreams_pooh_friends.gif

Cyprus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Oregon
Good morning & thanks everyone! We had such a blast!

@kittiepie: LOL...they did such a great job shaving at the Bellagio that I felt like I was 12 again...took years off I swear! But seriously...will be hitting 30 in a year & a half so it's good to know it's not showing lol.

@DesertHogRider: We have attended several different Japanese anime/art conventions so we are fairly good at piecing together costumes/outfits. Those will be worn many more times to come!

Last edited:

DesertHogRider

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
Southern Arizona, USA
Congrats jj.....me being an avid barefoot female & garden lover....yum on the dirt! I love it...freaky I know .... :) i somehow missed that it was Kentucky derby Saturday when I scheduled rock delivery.......! Researched the ponies, jockies, trainers all day...wagers ready! Have to find a derby hat for my avatar pic :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread