Good news for Canadians and others I hope..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart's Smoking

Oct 23, 2008
SoCal, USA
Eh, I think that's kind of stupid how a few people on the video said that e-cigs don't really help you quit smoking..... technically, its not smoking, its vaping!! I guess some people do just use them to get around the indoor tobacco ban, but they have helped a lot of people on this forum quit analogs completely; others cut down quite a bit. I think this video may paint e-cigs in a slightly negative light, but maybe will get a few new people to try them.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
This report begins on the false premise that e-cigs are for quitting smoking. Wrong, as has been noted so many times on this forum.

Ultimately, it's a sad commentary on the times.

And the reaction of the woman beside the e-smoker in the bar? Predictable. And that is precisely why these devices in these forms face a rough road to acceptance and approval.

Somoney

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2008
USA
Nice article that shows both sides. The lady on the right eludes to a valid concern though. If some one is trying to quit smoking, puffing away on an eCig right next to them is not going to help any. For those with adictive tendancies, a smoker quiting smoking is no diffrent than a drug adict quiting ....... It's the Hardest thing they ever done. All we can do is say is "its not smoke, I'll turn the vapor feature down for you" taking a big gulp of air after each puff to lessen the perceived exhale.

When it's the sight of smoke, steam, or vapor that sets these people off, we really cant win this battle.

Canadian Puffer

Jan 2, 2009
Billster, thanks for that video! Interesting news about the Toronto Public Health point of view, I was wondering about that. I just found out about e-cigs today, and I'm trying to find out where to purchase them in Toronto (I teach at that downtown university, near those locations at which your crew was shooting, by the way). Do you know of the best place to pick up this product?

billster88

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2008
canada
www.smokestik.com
Billster, thanks for that video! Interesting news about the Toronto Public Health point of view, I was wondering about that. I just found out about e-cigs today, and I'm trying to find out where to purchase them in Toronto (I teach at that downtown university, near those locations at which your crew was shooting, by the way). Do you know of the best place to pick up this product?

Hi Pal, i am not sure if I am allowed to respond to your question in this forum but you can go to smokestik.com for further details on how to purchase yours.

Thanks
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread