• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Canadian Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I would like to know what the definition of preventing the free flow of product across the border is. Many countries Canada included perhaps not under a "true" ban for the time being, are indeed restricted wrt imports.

One of the countries with the greatest research towards vaping safety has been New Zealand, yet that country has banned importation of e cigs and yet people are vaping while the studies continue.

Although we have been free to vape in Canada, imports even for the common consumers are "not authorised" as well. Whether, we ..... about it or not, we are not privy to the direction canada Customs are following to refuse entry. Notwithstanding, the pressure (money) is coming from the WHO which is just another "world" government agency, only looking out for the PE and not the common folk.

I have discussed it before. Should the government decide we will not be vaping, we will have to go underground. It is as simple as that. How many people smoke the green stuff? How long have foks tried to legalise its use? It's use is still illegal and although the fines over the years for simple possession have been relatively mild, it is still considered a criminal activity and, punishable by law.

That being said, there is nothing wrong with forcing the issue of vaping as a safer alternative. Canada follows very closely in the steps of our southern brother, whether we like it or not. The present ongoing litigation will indeed be a pillar towards the future, if it is successful. A word of caution here, even if Sotara wins their case, their is still a long road ahead.

YouTube - dumwaldo's Channel

Although I have personal reservations wrt the individual, this is the best short stroke accurate delivery that I have seen on the subject.

Greg you are right with stating they need access to the taxes that could be levied should vaping become legal. Now my apprehension wrt legalising vaping, is who is going to control the distribution. Whether it be BT or Big Pharma, I am apprehensive with either, because of their past track record.

So yes I have stockpiled and intend to eventually quit, solely based on:

• I want to rid myself of my nicotine addiction; and
  • I simply do not trust any government agency or partners (BT and BP) regulating it or its content.

Notwithstanding, I am glad that we have found vaping as an alternate source of delivery and endorse its practice. That being said, I am also a realist.

Mathew R Taylor

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Switched - Thanks for the comments. I appreciate all of your comments, and my intent was not tho start a battle, or stir the pot so to speak. You'll find that many of those links are old -circa 2009 (with the exception of the one) and to many gen X'rs like myself, that's simply way too out of date. As I have said a couple of times, I have contacted media organizations (like the Sun, The Star, CBC, etc) and asked for more current information. Perhaps some of you can relate, but many of my family and friends Canadian side think there is a loss of objectivity from the American media, and would prefer home grown media. I live on the other side of the border, so it doesn't matter to me, but I am sensitive to it.

My Googling skills aren't too shabby either but I feel like I have been banging my head against a rock. The media I grew up with, and learned to trust in many things is silent (almost Jessie Ventura quiet ;-)) on something I am so very passionate about. I find it odd, and sitting a little strangely with me.

Mathew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread