Good News for Newbs! Or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the eGo T.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiralus

Sep 24, 2010
Conneticut
Here's an intro me and a sort of review on the eGo T.
I hope that I can save some new folks some money and time.

When I first started vaping the idea seemed awesome, I quickly realized that I'd be saving tons of money on smokes and health bills and so began a long trek through finding the best products out there. I went through all the steps: the 510 (that looks like a cigarette), cartomizers, drip tips, Low Res atomizers, Low Rex cartomizers.. blah blah blah to the tune of $150. Then I got the eGo. It was better. It has good battery life, and was awesome except it still had stupid cartridges, leaky, cotton crap that burnt. The cartomizer for the eGo was a laughably bad design so I tried modding the cartridges to slowly drip with hand made stoppers, got juice all over myself, went numb from the nose down, was in $150 more and just about gave up untill....

The tankomizer (a.k.a. eGo T, Tank system) just came out for the eGo and I'm here to tell you that it is no holds barred AMAZING and an obvious (in hindsight) evolution. Anyone who's ever opened a fountain pen is familiar with how the Tank system works. It uses gravity and surface tension (I'm not a physicist) to hold your juice up in a tank until the atomizer, seated at the botteom of the tank, begins to empty (creates a vacuum) So: No leaking. No cotton burn. No wick burn. No dry Atomizer. No drinking juice. Better taste. 1.5 mil tanks (whole day of normal vaping, half day of hard vaping). Thunderhead clouds of vapor.
Put simply: From what I can tell after 2 days, it is better in every way than all previous designs. By a lot.

It's no more difficult to fill than most designs and with a syringe it's easier than most, possibly the easiest and cleanest (not even considering how seldom you have to fill it.) Also, I've not bumped mine around a lot so I can't testify to how it'd act under rough conditions but I imagine it'd hold up about as well as a fountain pen, in other words, better than any other cartridge system currently available that I'm aware of.

Many will be switching to these in the next few weeks, no doubt.

Save yourself a ton of money and just start with the eGo Tank system. It rocks.
Starter kits are around $60-80 and come with everything you need to get going. It's a good idea to pick up an extra bottle of juice as well. It's more expensive than joye 510s and looks less like a cigarette (lol) but it's BETTER than a cigarette and you should not be embarrassed that it's better.
The best deal on them that I've seen was at Volcano, because they have the best battery combo in their starter kit (a really big one and a USB one) for $69.99. Volcanocigs.com
Clouds of Vapor also has a good starter kit.

Also please note the eGo USB passthrough is awesome as well and should be considered even though it looks more expensive (it's not once you buy a separate charger). It's basically like any other battery except that has it's own charger built in and you can vape while it's charging. Better.

The only trouble with staring here is that you won't appreciate how good you have it.

Last edited:

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
AWESOME. I didn't even know what an ego-t was (always thought it was a brand of an ego).. but now.. I need one! Best place to buy an ego-t atty and tank IS?!!?

Well, you'll get lots of responses on this one! LOL! One of my favorite vendors has them. FreedomSmokeUSA And a really good price on the kits. (Get an additional 10% off by using the code freedomsmokeusa) If you don't need the eGos, you can just get the attys and carts from them. (same coupon code applies). They have frequent sales (usually on the weekends). And their customer service and fast shipping are excellent!

parkchanwoo

Feb 5, 2011
San Diego
Well, you'll get lots of responses on this one! LOL! One of my favorite vendors has them. FreedomSmokeUSA And a really good price on the kits. (Get an additional 10% off by using the code freedomsmokeusa) If you don't need the eGos, you can just get the attys and carts from them. (same coupon code applies). They have frequent sales (usually on the weekends). And their customer service and fast shipping are excellent!

sweet! I just ordered from them yesterday.. what a coincidence. I got their Wyatt Earp juice and their RY4 juice. Looks like I'll be ordering from them again here real soon. Thanks for the heads up Chimney! I'll be sure to use that coupon code as well. on a side note: I am totally new to e-cigs. My order is not even here yet.. but I quit smoking a week ago.. im dying for at least some nicotine.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
sweet! I just ordered from them yesterday.. what a coincidence. I got their Wyatt Earp juice and their RY4 juice. Looks like I'll be ordering from them again here real soon. Thanks for the heads up Chimney! I'll be sure to use that coupon code as well. on a side note: I am totally new to e-cigs. My order is not even here yet.. but I quit smoking a week ago.. im dying for at least some nicotine.

Wow! You're a brave person to give up cigarettes before getting your equipment!!! BTW, depending on the size of the bottles, you might find that their juices get better with steeping. I really like the Ry4 but my first bottle was 120ml. :laugh: It required steeping. I've never tried the WE before, but I hear that it also changes "personality" with steepng. If it were me, (and I know that it's not) I would include a bottle of Pure Cig with my order of the eGo tank, so that when it gets there, that there would be nothing that needs to steep. (not that it doesn't get better with time, but it's good right out of the bottle! (Especially, if you've been without an analog for a week!) On their sub-forum, there's a sticky about juices that don't need to steep. They make their juices fresh when you order them and then get them to you in a couple of days. (sometimes the flavors in the juices need to "marry".

P.S. If your order hasn't shipped yet, in the comment section, write order 2 of 2 and they will combine shipping and reimburse you for the extra shipping. But you'd better hurry, because they're fast! :lol:

Last edited:

parkchanwoo

Feb 5, 2011
San Diego
Wow! You're a brave person to give up cigarettes before getting your equipment!!! BTW, depending on the size of the bottles, you might find that their juices get better with steeping. I really like the Ry4 but my first bottle was 120ml. :laugh: It required steeping. I've never tried the WE before, but I hear that it also changes "personality" with steepng. If it were me, (and I know that it's not) I would include a bottle of Pure Cig with my order of the eGo tank, so that when it gets there, that there would be nothing that needs to steep. (not that it doesn't get better with time, but it's good right out of the bottle! (Especially, if you've been without an analog for a week!) On their sub-forum, there's a sticky about juices that don't need to steep. They make their juices fresh when you order them and then get them to you in a couple of days. (sometimes the flavors in the juices need to "marry".

P.S. If your order hasn't shipped yet, in the comment section, write order 2 of 2 and they will combine shipping and reimburse you for the extra shipping. But you'd better hurry, because they're fast! :lol:

A 120ml!? dang.. that is a lot, isn't it? And by steeping.. I am presuming that you mean "To let age?" Pure cig also sounds great.. which is the reason I bought the WE.. but I am guessing by your comment that it isn't a tobacco flavor. I have a couple of juices coming with my kit, so I might hold off on the Purecig for now. However, I thank you for your thoughts and you looking out for my best interests! I'll be sure to use the sticky note "2 of 2" comment next time too. Very helpful for a newb. You are far too kind.

juz

Nov 20, 2010
australia
Couldn't agree more. It really does put an instant stop to things like "how much do I put in my cart? what if I overfill? what if I under fill? how can I tell if it's nearly empty?"
Just pull the tank off and look. My preferred method to fill them is to pop the cap off and squeeze some juice in there, quick and easy.
Nearly 2 weeks using them now and no spills and not one drop of juice in my mouth.
Hoping for low resistance version with mega tanks, perfect vape on easy mode

sprink0281

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
S.W. Burbs of Chicago
Just wanted to share that at liberty flights you can get the t-atomizer and a pack of tanks for just under $20 (use the 20% icon top left of the web page) plus $2.99 shipping. Might be the cheapest around. Gonna order for myself later this week. If anyone knows of a cheaper vendor please let me know...

I have tried to stop smoking numerous times over the years and decided to do research on the e-cigarettes, I'm so confused with all I'm reading and don't know where to start, 510 vrs ego are main ones I'm seeing. I smoke about packs a day (heavy smoker), Menthol cigarettes, Could I get more info please, do I buy a starter kit? and will that come with a charger? Best websites to buy?Help, I really want to try this to stop smoking.

DropEmCigs

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2011
EU, Copenhagen®
Hello, after reading your post I want to buy one. :ohmy:
Can someone link me a site where the sell these as a start kit in Europe?
Or is it not a problem shipping over the atlantic?
Can I buy the passport in a included startkit?
Thanks. :p
Hejsan. Suggest that you stay within EU - then there's no fuss with customs/VAT, a.s.o.

Tornado Tank is the same as eGo (same manufactorer, as I have understood from some). This can be bought at Totally Wicked. TW also sells a PT, Pass-Through (I think you mean), that will go with the Tank, too. It must be ordered in same shopping-basket as the Tank. Also remember e-liquid for whichever e-Cig you will decide for. I can recommend TW - as a customer there 3x now. Ship is £9,99 though :facepalm: Google the secret coupon code EVAPE that will give you 7,5% discount on goods.

Janty France don't have the EGo-T (yet?), but other eGo equipment.

Good luck - hälsningar Jan :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread