• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Good on ya' Kate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
Just wanted to say that I for one respect what you're trying to say/achieve with the whole Parked fiasco. I'm not putting this in the normal boards since I don't want to open yet another thread about it but I want this message to you to be semi-public.

Good work (although it might be a losing battle IMHO) :(

Apologies to the other members if you feel this is seriously off-topic for this sub-forum.

Sadie

Feb 22, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Amen.

Thanks for putting your neck on the line in search of the root of the matter, Kate. It's truly commendable, and no matter what anyone says about it being unnecessary.. how else is anyone to know that Parked's reviews weren't entirely objective, at least at the end of things? Even if every thread about the Parked fiasco gets locked, and we're threatened with the ban-stick if we bring it up again.. the information is out there, as it should be. Anyone searching for information about DietSmokes and Parked will see that not everything was in the strictest confidence. And that is a definite service to the community, in my eyes at least.

So thanks again, love ya to bits, and please don't get banned! Who will provide us with bikkies and copious lolcats, not to mention be the patron saint of newbies? ;)

--Sadie.

Last edited:

poeticwomyn

Mar 10, 2009
Missouri
I have been working too many 16 hour days. It took me a while to catch up with all of this. I know I am a newbie with little expertise in e-cigs but being the writer I am and the great advocate for human rights I always strive to be , and having, as a nurse taken the Nightingale pledge, regarding ethics, I will have to compose a comment on the ethics of this situation and plead Kate's case(after reading all of the back posts she only called a spade a spade, wanting Parked to obey the rules of the forum) even if it gets me banned also. Kate has been so supportive of all newbies(and not to mention seeking those of us that are family out and leading us to a grouping here where we can be open) and wanting us to get only the best information, I don't see that in good conscience I can let this go without stating my own modest opinion.
I will find the proper words then the proper thread (that is still open) then post in Kate's defense tomorrow. Goodness, if I ever needed an analog it is now.:evil:
Later, Kat

poeticwomyn

Mar 10, 2009
Missouri
I have been re-reading through this semi private thread, and I have one question why can we "queers" not unite and post in Kate's defense in unison (not meaning in one post, but in one thread. If we can not show unity in this small microcosm how will we ever demand our rights globally?), not because we are all gay but because ethically SHE WAS NOT WRONG! I was going to buy from dietsmokes, but I will not now. Why can we not show an allied support for Kate standing up for what is ethically right in one common thread? Quiting the site until her "punishment" is over or simply keeping quiet is not going to help, but a loud resounding voice will at least make a sound, albiet perhaps a small one, but a sound non the less. I know we are not a large grouping but if we speak up others will admit also that she is not only an asset to the forum but also that morally and ethically she was right. Just a thought.

TxTrouble

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Near Dallas, Texas
You know frogbmth I never thought about that but you are right. I remember a recent incident that they just closed the thread no bans handed out or anything. But what the hay it was only Gay Bashing.
I do understand why Kate stood her ground. She was proving a point. You know the title of her thread that she had posted it was very telling and looks to be very true. Its all politics. Politicians get their contributions the bigger the contribution the more they defend that side.
Hopefully we will see Kate soon. Man I sure hope so.
On a side note I like your signature frog with the smoke going across.
Just my 2 cents.
D

frogbmth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Dorset, UK
www.jantyclub.com
Funny thing is, Kate was banned due to 'putting the forum at risk'.

In the UK, use of words or behaviour intended to stir up homophobic hatred carry a maximum penalty of seven years imprisonment.

Didnt cause enough worry to ban anybody did it? Oh no, we dont count you see. Nobody cares if we get offended.

It makes my blood boil. Its not fun to be a second class citizen.

I am soooo sad to see Kate go :( I am rather new here but have read many of her posts and she added so much information and humor to this place.

Can someone PM me with where she is hanging out now? I saw it in one of the threads but honestly can not bring myself to read thru all that crap again to find out.

I am looking for another place to check out anyway. I plan to still come here to keep up on things, but it has gotten so busy and so much craziness over FDA stuff and supplier crap I find myself frustrated and not posting.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Seriously, what is this gay bashing? I take it VERY seriously, and am not aware of a single post being reported...

PLEASE, if you see any gay bashing, click the little ! mark under the avatar of the poster, and it will be reported to the moderators.

Thanks,

SJ

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
Looks like SJ has been cleaning up some homophobia on the boards, nice one SJ, its appreciated :)

ECF just went up a few points in my estimations

Awesome! I really do think SJ is trying to do right around here. I must also admit that I do not envy his job at all but I greatly appreciate his efforts I only wish he'd give a little on the "it's my site and I'll do what I want" attitude. I know it's his site and he can do what he wants. But I also know this site has gotten a little too big for its britches (as my momma used to say, lol) and something is gonna have to give sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread