Good single 18650 mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannieboiz

Feb 14, 2014
United States
I'm currently using an Aleader Obit 80 and I really like it. It's been the most reliable and delivers the vape I like. This one has held up for over probably 3 years now and is still going. Unfortunately, I dropped it recently and broke the resin case, taped it back and is still working.

Anyways looking for something to replace it with. I have tons of 18650 batteries and prefers for it to be light weight.

I'm seeing a lot of built in battery mods these days, not sure what's the deal with that.

Reactions: Diver9543

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I recommend the Geekvape Aegis Solo, too. Single 18650 battery device. 80 watts. Waterproof, dustproof, and shockproof. Built like a tank, literally.

Aegis Mini vs Aegis Solo: Reviews

The choice in internal battery or external battery mods is a personal one. Each has its pros and cons. Personally, I think an external battery mod is best for a long term investment. You can choose specifically which battery to use for the way you vape by its specifications (amp rating and capacity rating). I use both, but prefer external battery mods.

Internal Battery (Lipo) or External Batteries (18650)? Which type is right for you?

lipo-or-18650_large.jpg

full

My current setups: JAC Vapour DNA75W, Aegis Solo, Aegis Mini

Last edited:

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Last week I got 4 Solos (for storage) and ran them through a battery cycle or two to test them out. I really like them. I found them on sale at ejuices.com for about $27 each.
Heck of a mod for less than 35 bucks you can't beat it.
But now I'm going to get a Yihi SXmini SL class (21700).

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
I take my Solo to work.. I'm a commercial fisherman. So it's in a rough and tumble environment, and may get wet. So far so good, and I love it! It's already taken an accidental drop to gravel, works like day 1. I liked it so much, I ended up with 4.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
Depending how important light weight is to you (I have hand problems that make it essential) the Wismec P80 (there are versions with either internal battery or 18650) is largely plastic, so it's very light but I'm not counting on durability, or the Wismec Reuleaux 75 which is metal, so heavier and presumably more sturdy, but still single battery.

When I finally had to graduate from my tootle-puffing past I had a recommendation of the RX75 from someone who knew my hand problems because you don't push a button, you squeeze it, and it fits very well in my large women's/med men's size hands. I keep at least 4 flavors going all day, so I stocked up, and then, almost done, I saw the P80. It's also squeeze to fire, but smaller around so it's a little more like 'find the button' but so much lighter that I stocked up on them as well.

This was all before the current knee-jerk hysteria, so I'm kind of glad I doubled up, even though it became an expensive 5th year vaping.

dannieboiz

Feb 14, 2014
United States
Depending how important light weight is to you (I have hand problems that make it essential) the Wismec P80 (there are versions with either internal battery or 18650) is largely plastic, so it's very light but I'm not counting on durability, or the Wismec Reuleaux 75 which is metal, so heavier and presumably more sturdy, but still single battery.

When I finally had to graduate from my tootle-puffing past I had a recommendation of the RX75 from someone who knew my hand problems because you don't push a button, you squeeze it, and it fits very well in my large women's/med men's size hands. I keep at least 4 flavors going all day, so I stocked up, and then, almost done, I saw the P80. It's also squeeze to fire, but smaller around so it's a little more like 'find the button' but so much lighter that I stocked up on them as well.

This was all before the current knee-jerk hysteria, so I'm kind of glad I doubled up, even though it became an expensive 5th year vaping.

I have a problem with both of those design. Knowing how forgetful I am, I will probably put it in my pocket and forget to lock the button and have it burn a hole through. LOL I do like the look of the P80.

btw the OBS cube in an integrated battery. I go through 2 18650 a day and more when i'm on the road.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
Where do you guys recommend getting it? Seem to go for about 32-40 plus shipping.
Element vape.com has them and there is a 10% off coupon sumup10 I think it is. I have 7 of them. Dust proof, waterproof and shockproof. I love mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread