Good To Be Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmitchelliv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Heya, ECF. It's been a while.

6 years to be exact.

In that time I ran off and got hitched, played around a lot with swedish snus, gained a watch addiction, and am expecting a baby girl in September.

There were some early difficulties with the pregnancy that stressed me out enough to make a brief return to the stinkies... or maybe that's just a lame excuse. I picked up a couple mods the other day (Pico 25 and a gpriv-2), and figured the next logical step was a return to where it all began for me back 2010-2011'ish.

What the hell happened to the hobby while I was away?!

I was a baller having a Reo Grand and a GLV. I see Reo is still a thing, but is GLV not available online anymore? tanks?! Where did all these come from? Is Liberty Flights even around anymore? Been a long time since my eGo days. What's the hot new gear these days for someone not wanting to haze up a room by himself??

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg

6 years to be exact.

In that time I ran off and got hitched, played around a lot with swedish snus, gained a watch addiction, and am expecting a baby girl in September.

Let that be a warning to all ... vapers who distance themselves from ECF run risks of hitching (sounds painful), alternative hobbies (possibly expensive), alternative addictions (possibly frowned upon by someone), and babies (holy cow, what about the Children!!!).

Glad you made it back in one piece :)

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Wow you could've been a master vaper by now...:w00t:
Things changed allright...you can now get a mod you can talk to....:p
Don't even know where to begin with, with tanks ...:eek:
MTL is now from a tight draw, up to way almost into DL territory. DL is now from semi restricted, right up to as loose as a way oversized shoe....:lol:
The first thing a new vaper does nowadays, is spend some money to see in which vaping category he/she fits in...
Anyways... welcome back :thumbs:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

6 years to be exact.

There were some early difficulties with the pregnancy that stressed me out enough to make a brief return to the stinkies... or maybe that's just a lame excuse. I picked up a couple mods the other day (Pico 25 and a GPRIV-2), and figured the next logical step was a return to where it all began for me back 2010-2011'ish.

I was a baller having a Reo Grand and a GLV. I see Reo is still a thing, but is GLV not available online anymore? Tanks?! Where did all these come from? Is Liberty Flights even around anymore? Been a long time since my eGo days. What's the hot new gear these days for someone not wanting to haze up a room by himself??

Welcome back and congratulations on the soon to arrive girl !
Not a thing wrong with your REOS, just clean 'em up and go !
I Keep my GLVs on a display shelf, don't use them at all any more - not even sure if I remember what batteries go in them !
I googled and saw Liberty Flights is still open in UK, they closed their Forum here tho.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX

6 years to be exact.

There were some early difficulties with the pregnancy that stressed me out enough to make a brief return to the stinkies... or maybe that's just a lame excuse. I picked up a couple mods the other day (Pico 25 and a GPRIV-2), and figured the next logical step was a return to where it all began for me back 2010-2011'ish.

I was a baller having a Reo Grand and a GLV. I see Reo is still a thing, but is GLV not available online anymore? Tanks?! Where did all these come from? Is Liberty Flights even around anymore? Been a long time since my eGo days. What's the hot new gear these days for someone not wanting to haze up a room by himself??

Welcome back! Congrats on the getting hitched and the new baby!

I'm not sure where to even start regarding all the changes in vaping in the last 6 years. Six years ago, someone could actually know pretty much everything available. Now? No way. It's gone viral.

And, now the differences in what's available are much broader. Extremely low ohm and Direct-to-Lung is now pervasive. Simple Mouth-to-Lung devices are becoming rare. You have to figure out which you are (DL or MTL) before you can get any useful recommendations.

Good luck on your new journey!

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

6 years to be exact.

Welcome back Jmitchelliv :thumbs:

I switched to vaping around 6 years ago. Ahh, the good old days (not) :rolleyes:

The technology has improved in leaps and bounds. If you are reasonably careful you can now get very good hardware for any style of vaping, from 5 watts up to 200, and at reasonable cost.

Best of luck with it all!

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
Welcome back! I’ve been gone and back on the smokes for 2 years, and now I’m back after trying a pod system and quitting again. So much new stuff to learn and new devices to check out! Looks like there are so many more choices and great options now for every style of vaper, exciting times!

Jmitchelliv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Welcome back Jmitchelliv :thumbs:

I switched to vaping around 6 years ago. Ahh, the good old days (not) :rolleyes:

The technology has improved in leaps and bounds. If you are reasonably careful you can now get very good hardware for any style of vaping, from 5 watts up to 200, and at reasonable cost.

Best of luck with it all!
Picked up a Pico 25 and a GRRIV 2. No idea if they're crap, but decent enough price on them from the prices I recall from 6 years back. Jeebus are these atomizers huge these days or what?! Guessing that's why 60ml bottles are so prevelent these days. Back in the day 30ml would last forever.

Jmitchelliv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Let that be a warning to all ... vapers who distance themselves from ECF run risks of hitching (sounds painful), alternative hobbies (possibly expensive), alternative addictions (possibly frowned upon by someone), and babies (holy cow, what about the Children!!!).

Glad you made it back in one piece :)
LMAO, I did it all to myself, really.

Reactions: Possum64

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
Yeah, the Picos are really popular right now, and rightly so. They work really well.

From what I hear the Reo may still be all you need.

As for Egos...I still use Ego and Vision batteries for EVODs. Been rebuilding them for years. Good low key puffing in public, and not much of a loss if I drop it in the river kayaking. :D

Glad you're back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread