Status
Not open for further replies.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
SRV (of course) KWS, Bonnie Rait, John Lee ......, BB King, Buddy Guy, John Mayer, Paul Butterfield, Eric Clapton etc.... Blues gets me vaping.... ;-)~

You forgot Robert Johnson. But that may be a little too old school. Heh.

I love the sound of slide guitar. If you never seen crossroads I definetely recommend it.

FleetFoxes

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2012
Boston, MA

I'm an old rocker and roller and country fan. But for some reason this song has been stuck in my head, so much so that I learned the baseline the guitar and the lyrics. Is that sad?

Such a poppy song, the melody sounds so nice and happy, but if you really listen to the lyrics they are extremely DARK. this song never gets old I cover this at many of the shows I play

18SixFifty

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Michigan
Such a poppy song, the melody sounds so nice and happy, but if you really listen to the lyrics they are extremely DARK. this song never gets old I cover this at many of the shows I play

Right on. It's that reason why I like it so much. It sounds all fun and light but it's anything but fun and light.

I learned this one and couldn't play it in public because it kills me everytime. 16 years in the infantry. I would get halfway through and cry. I have to get emotional when I play for people, it's part of the music. I still can't pull this song off. So funny, I can play it for myself just not for others.

FleetFoxes

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2012
Boston, MA
Right on. It's that reason why I like it so much. It sounds all fun and light but it's anything but fun and light.

I learned this one and couldn't play it in public because it kills me everytime. 16 years in the infantry. I would get halfway through and cry. I have to get emotional when I play for people, it's part of the music. I still can't pull this song off. So funny, I can play it for myself just not for others.

I hear ya brotha. Music is such an emotional aspect of life. There are a few choice songs that cause the same effect on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread