Goodbye, V4L. Hello, VOLT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0xity

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Northern California
So I've finally decided to return all my V4L stuff (batteries, PCC) due to problems with the hardware. My first regular manual battery was perfect for a week or so before the (gold) button started to decide it wouldn't activate every time. Bought an XL as a backup battery to have and, a week later, same problem. Got my girlfriend into vaping and got her a shorty manual and, it's been about a week - same problem (except she says that not only does it not turn ON, sometimes it won't turn OFF right away when releasing the button). One, maybe two failures and I'd brush it off as a bad battery but three in a row? I can't do that anymore. I'm going with a VOLT setup tomorrow.

Question: Anyone here with a VOLT had ANY problems with the manual battery? I'm sure hoping I find something that, well, works when I want it to. I'm not a heavy vaper and I just like my things to work. I figure with all the great reviews and a 3 month warranty (vs. V4L's 30 day warranty), I've got a better chance at finding my sweet spot, again (thought I'd found it but I suppose it really is that elusive).

Goodbye, V4L. Hello, VOLT.

K24A3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2010
Aus
I had the same problems with the V4L batteries. I don't think there is any QC involved, they just replace it if it's DOA.

Not sure about the Volt but the genuine eGo / eG0-T batteries seem much more reliable.

If you want something virtually bullet proof, grab a high quality mechanical Mod like the GG Slim, GGTB. Or something like the Provari.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa

MsOceanCity

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
New Jersey
V4L has great products and customer service.If you contact V4L and explain that your batts are dead,they will replace them.They understand that new vapers with little vaping experience sometimes have issues.They always help and they always replace batts.No matter why they died.They will fix your issue.

Yes, V4L CS is always on top of things but now they are doing something that really miffs me. They are asking that you send back the defective product. They have always had very high shipping prices and now they want you to spend even more for a problem that may not have been your fault?? They never used to do this! I have been a loyal customer for over 2 years and continue to buy their stuff, but I really don't like this (new?) policy:(

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
I've got two manual and three auto volt batts and have been using for about a month. All good on my end with all batts but there's bound to be some issues with any product from china. Smokeless image has awesome customer service though so if anything should happen you should have no problems.

I agree but I think that issues are bound to happen with electronic devices regardless of where they come from. Not just because it comes from China since there's a lot of variables that come into play when we start going into why something has problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread