got a blu for xmas, got a 510 yesterday. 510 vapor is cold and tastes horrible even after trying to break in atty

Status
Not open for further replies.

samoth

Jan 4, 2012
US
Hi all, this is my first post. need some help on my 510. :blush:

I got a blu original starter pack from xmas. I've smoked a pack a day for 12 years, and was very pleasantly supprised at my firss vaping experience with the blu, not quite the same but enough to not have had any analogs after finishing the 5 I had left on xmas eve. :vapor:

I've been reading and researching alot here on the forums, and the general conclusion seems to be that there are way better ways to vape than blu. So I went ahead and ordered some 510 things. 2 auto batteries, 2 attys, cartriges, a tank atty, empty tanks, and some cartomizers and of course some juices. I have to say I'm not really enyoing the 510 very much so far (except using the batteries with blu cartos).

While it does produce slightly more vapor (consitently at least), the vapor is cold and tastes horrible. I know I need to break in the attys, but how long is this supposed to take? I've tried breaking in one atty, the tank atty, and a cartomizer. On the atty and tank atty, I did my best to blow them out. I dripped some juice directly onto the atty, puffed a whole bunch for a while, dripped, puffed, refilled etc... I did this for pretty much 6 entire battery charges; the tank refilled completly at least 4 times. But all of them (even the cartomizer) still produce cold vapor with an unpleasant hard to describe taste (sour+bitter maybe?). I can tell the difference between the 3 juice sample I got (VG camel (joye), PG apple, PG cherry), but they are more undertones of flavor that are completly overpowered by cold, sour and bitter vapor!

Any advice on how to improve my 510 experience, or are my tastebuds just made for the blu cartomizers? I've been going through 3-4 blu cartomizers a day, so they would be a bit expensive if I want to keep up this habbit, although I guess I can refill them (which I did with some juice btw, and while it wasn't cold or as nasty tasting, I did think it had a lot less taste than the blu cartos do fresh).

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
standard resistance attys and cartos will produce a cooler vape. Using low resistance attys and cartos produce a warmer vape and more TH. Low resistance attys and cartos are only for bigger battery PVs though and both of the slim ecigs you have can not use them.

As for why your getting a bad taste, I dont really know. It could be from alot of things and I dont use slim ecigs so someone else should be able to give you better advice. Where did you get the juice from? It could just be that its crappy juice which wouldnt taste that good in any device

PaporPlas

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2011
Los Angeles
Since I got my start on a Blu disposable I know a bit about them, even though I have not owned one. First, they are 18mg max cartos. Sounds like you might need to start off with a 24mg juice - that would cut you back to only using 2 cartomizers a day, maybe.

Secondly, I would suggest you get a manual button PV that works well with carts you can refill with juice you like. I use the Pig Cig and love it. IMHO, carts are easiest and taste good when they are done right.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
Not to confuse you, but I think Papor means cartos, I could be wrong though. Carts = cartridges and cartos = cartomizers.
A cartomizer is an atty and cartridge in one and most people prefer them. They are alot more consistant and hold more juice so you can refill less often. Im pretty sure the Blu uses cartomizers
A cartomizer makes your ecig a 2-piece setup, battery + cartomizer
A cartridge makes your ecig a 3-piece setup, battery + atomizer + cartridge

Last edited:

samoth

Jan 4, 2012
US
As for why your getting a bad taste, I dont really know. It could be from alot of things and I dont use slim ecigs so someone else should be able to give you better advice. Where did you get the juice from? It could just be that its crappy juice which wouldnt taste that good in any device

Thanks for your reply!

I order all the 510 parts and juice from cignot.com. The tobacco flavored on is VG only "camel" from joye. The other ones were listed under Other PG, and are Appel and Cherry flavored. All of them are 18mg.

samoth

Jan 4, 2012
US
Not to confuse you, but I think Papor means cartos, I could be wrong though. Carts = cartridges and cartos = cartomizers.
A cartomizer is an atty and cartridge in one and most people prefer them. They are alot more consistant and hold more juice so you can refill less often. Im pretty sure the Blu uses cartomizers

Yup, I got some 510 cartomizers too, but theyr giving me the same taste. These are the ones I ordered: https://www.cignot.com/Joye_510_cartridges_p/510-cro-blk.htm

PaporPlas

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2011
Los Angeles

Yep, you're right....learn something every day. : / thanks!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Mist people use cartomizers on slim 510. And I recommend MANUAL 510 for the best hits and batteries that are totally safe from being damage or killed by juice leaks. You can use 2.5 to 3 ohm cartomizers.

And if you want more heat then get a KR808D-1 like V4L with their custom 10 second cutoff for long drags and their WOW cartos which you will probably need to put a plastic or delrin drip tip on as a cool mouthpiece, or the cartos at SmokelessImage (and I recommend manuals)

And if you want more heat than that you have to skip slim ecigs and go to 450mah+ fat battery models and mods since these can use lower resistance atomizers and cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread