RDA Got a new Praxis Derringer - big problem with the little RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Vaako

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2012
CT
So I just got done building my coils, which came out beautifully at .14, right where I want them. Threaded my cotton, dripped my juice and started to put it back together. That's when I noticed the big problem. It seems as if the channel that was cut into the base for the lower o-ring to sit in is too deep. This is the o-ring that hold the top cap on and it doesn't stick out far enough to keep it on tight. I've tried changing to a different o-ring but they're either too thick or exactly the same. I hope they make something that solves this. Has anyone else noticed this problem? Any type of light contact will cause it to come off.

The obvious question - is it real? I got it from Vapor dna so I think it's authentic, but they just shipped it in a little clear baggy. Any suggestions on what I should do? It does hit like a champ with great flavor so I'd really like to get it working.

Thanks for the help.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Wrapping some dental floss under that O-ring is the most readily available fix. Start with one wrap, then two, see how many it takes until the fitment is as tight as you prefer. For what it's worth I've got three derringer clones and none have this sort of issue, I just finished building all three and they're identical to one another in function and fit.

Edit: I'm not sure about the packaging of the authentic, my friend has an authentic which has no issues either but I can't comment on the packaging it came in as I never saw it, all of my clones came in clear plastic bags with a few spare orings, an allen key and screws.

Last edited:

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Im pretty sure since its from vapordna it should be authentic. And im also pretty sure you have the 2nd version of the derringer, how you can tell is whether you have a gold positive post or not, or if all 3 of your posts are slotted instead of just 2 being slotted and 1 drilled. I say this because ive been reading a LOT of people are complaining about the same exact thing you are having troubles about. And it only is on the 2nd version. I have an authentic 1st version, mine came from epikvape in a tiny little brown box with a praxis sticker and some spares and a tool. However they may have changed this. Maybe try the floss trick its worked for me on different attys before like mentioned above. Or you could contact praxis themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread