The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Got a question...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by John R. L., Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. John R. L.

John R. L. Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    Milwakee
    I wanted to pick some heads here ... Ok I have heard that Facebook (I am not promoting) is shutting down vaping groups in May or June ....Do you know if this is true ?? or any more about this ??? I have heard (through the grapevine) that they have already shut down "gun" groups .. Now they are after the vaping groups, because of all the negativity that has been going around .. So again not promoting .... Just a question, and just wondering .....

2. greasegizzard

greasegizzard Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2015
    Arkansas
    I haven't heard that. But if they do, I won't be using Facebook at all anymore. That's pretty ridiculous. I already don't get on there very much these days anyway. Most of the time when I do get on there, it's just for the swap shop or vape groups anymore.

3. greasegizzard

Dec 29, 2015
    Arkansas
    I didn't see any actual news on the topic in the quick search I did. Just a blog about some groups being deleted.

4. greasegizzard

Dec 29, 2015
    Arkansas
    Well, speaking of banning... I guess that link isn't kosher.

5. John R. L.

John R. L. Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    Milwakee
    I got the info from a couple of groups I am in.... True ??? I am not sure ... Will it bother me some ?? sure it will .. I have some good friends on there that are not on my friends list .... But it does seem that the (some) of the vaping groups have gone downhill... :(

6. greasegizzard

Dec 29, 2015
    Arkansas
    I'm not a big fan of forums, Facebook, Twitter, or similar banning anything, or not allowing certain links for instance. But ultimately it's like visiting someone's house. If the rules bother me enough, I won't visit. When the government steps in and tries to ban stuff from the internet as a whole, that's when we will have problems.

• Like Like x 2
  7. KentA

KentA Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2015
    Adirondack Mountains
    "Facebook lost a crucial legal battle Friday as a Paris court ruled the social network can be sued in France over its decision to remove the account of a French user who posted a photo of a famous 19th-century nude painting."
    ABC News

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.