• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

There's No Join Button For This Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

B I L

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Hemet, CA
I just happened to stumble upon this group by accident when I was searching for something. Then I was searching through the other groups and thought I would go into this group again but I couldn't cause there wasn't a Join Button. I couldn't get into this group through going through the list of groups.

I'm wondering if more people would join this group if they could actually join. We would probably get a lot more people in here.

I'm also wondering if maybe since I already posted in this group that the Join Button disappeared.

Anyway, it might be worth for the mods to look into this.

B I L

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Hemet, CA
Look, you just joined! ;)

No join button needed. :)

haha. I was just bringing up the point that if I would have tried to get in this group from searching through the groups, I wouldn't have gotten in cause there's no Join Button.

I'm sure there's a lot more people that have tried to come in to this group to post or just to read threads but can't. I'm just thinking of those other people that would like to come into this group also.

B I L

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Hemet, CA
The only reason you wouldn't be able to post is if you are still under 5 posts. This sub-forum is viewable from the front forum page.

Unless I missed where you are coming into this from...? :unsure:

OK I see now. I was going from the front forum page, there's a link called community (at the top of the page). I clicked on that, then View All. That gave me a list of all groups. When I came to this group, there was no Join Button.

I see where there is another community section on the front page, then social groups, then misc groups that I got here from. So that one works.

I think some people are trying to come from the community link at top of the page. I see a lot of "where do I get an invite from" to join the gay group.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Apologies, now I understand. Yes, the social groups area runs slightly differently. I'll check it and see what's going on there, and let Valsacar know if there's a problem (he's the Social Groups Admin).

Before I do, I just want to confirm that this group is the one you tried:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/groups/gay-group.html

(Shows it's by invitation only, so if you confirm yes, I'll investigate and make sure the group mod is active, etc.)

B I L

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Hemet, CA
Apologies, now I understand. Yes, the social groups area runs slightly differently. I'll check it and see what's going on there, and let Valsacar know if there's a problem (he's the Social Groups Admin).

Before I do, I just want to confirm that this group is the one you tried:

(Shows it's by invitation only, so if you confirm yes, I'll investigate and make sure the group mod is active, etc.)

Yes. That's the page I get when I go through the community link at the top of the page. Then, if you click on TxTrouble link and Visitor Messages, you can see all these people asking for invites to get in. So I'm thinking there would be quite a bit more people interested in joining this group, if they could get in that way.

B I L

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Hemet, CA
OK, thought so, just wanted to be certain I understood this time. :D

Problem is, TxTrouble hasn't been online since April 2012. So I will talk to Valsacar and get this worked out. I will post here again as soon as I have more information. :)

Thanks, I know I don't explain myself that well at times. LOL.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Just as an FYI . . .

That is also why this thread was started: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gay-group/401671-how-does-one-get-invite.html . . . .

From the discussion "We" had - Someone who is willing, will have to take over as Owner and there will also need to be people who are willing to be moderators ( I thought that a minimum of 6 people both male and female). . .

However, IMO - there were very few people that mentioned being interested, other than a few of us or else it would have been opened . . .

Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Last edited:

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
OK, I got Valsacar to change ownership of the Gay Social Group to me (at least for the time being). :)

I changed it to a moderated group. Here's why:

• Anyone can see the messages & members in a group whether invitation only, moderated, or public
  • Anyone can see if you are subscribed to the group on your profile, whether the group is invitation only, moderated, or public
  • Invitation only makes it too difficult for "family" to join if they are unaware of the forum group here (see confusion above :lol: )
  • Moderated means only the owner/moderators may approve (or reject) someone to join when they request it, and unruly members may be removed
  • Moderated (or invitation only) means only the members may view photo albums
  • Moderated (or invitation only) means only members may post & reply

I think that covers it. Let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited:

B I L

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Hemet, CA
B I L or Uncle - would you do me a favor please, and go to the Social Group and before requesting access, see if you can read the posts and view the photo albums just to confirm what I've been told above please? Thanks! :)

I tried to view the photo album and got this message...
You must be a member of this group to view or add pictures. Would you like to join? Click here!

I cannot read posts. I can see a lot of members although I'm not one of them. Nor is Uncle.

B I L

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Hemet, CA
Just as an FYI . . .

That is also why this thread was started: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gay-group/401671-how-does-one-get-invite.html . . . .

From the discussion "We" had - Someone who is willing, will have to take over as Owner and there will also need to be people who are willing to be moderators ( I thought that a minimum of 6 people both male and female). . .

However, IMO - there were very few people that mentioned being interested, other than a few of us or else it would have been opened . . .

Just Sayin' . . . ;)

I read that thread but was mostly wondering about the 'dead' link from the community link at the top of the forum front page. :)

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Thanks B I L... that confirms for me then that you cannot read/post messages or photos. :)

Well it is now open to join, though it has to be accepted (by me, so far) for people to join. Personally, I don't care who wants to join, but this will make it easy to remove anyone who violates the rules, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread