Got an I-Pro for Christmas! Love it, but one small issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tycho

Aug 14, 2011
Tabernacle, NJ
Hello everyone in the Notcigs section!

My kind hearted wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas. So I told her, just get me an Infinity Pro. Well to my amazement, she did! I have to tell you that I really love this thing. I was using ego batteries with Mega Dual Coil Carto's. Well now the only thing I use is the Ipro. This thing is so nice. Thank you so much for making a great product!

I do have one question though. Over the last week I have been using a few different smok tech tanks and the mega dual coil carto's with a 510 to 510 adapter. I use to be able to screw the carto tanks down snug and fire away at around 4.2 to 4.5 volts. The vapor and flavor have been astounding! This past week I noticed that when I screw the tank carto snug, the Ipro would not fire. The light would just say red. Batteries were fresh and with the tank off the light would change to blue when I hit the button. If I unscrewed the carto a bit it would fire fine and I could vape away with no problems. I checked the top screw inside the 510 top connector and that was snug. Only thing was that one of the carto tanks got flooded and there was juice all around the top screw. I cleaned it out as best I could, (it is really tight in there!) Same problem with the mega dual's. I have to leave them loose and wobbly in order for it to fire. If I just screw the 510 shorty adapter on the Ipro until it is snug I get both the blue and red lights showing. If I loosen the adapter up, then screw on the mega dual coil it will fire fine, but it is very loose on the end of the Ipro.

This is really not the end of the world, but I would prefer to have my carto's not wiggling on the end of the device. For some reason I see myself breaking something off the end of the Ipro if it is not connected nice and snug. Anyone have any idea's on this or is this normal for the 510 top caps on the Ipro?

I really do love this thing. It was the best Christmas present that my wife got me!

Tycho

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Tycho, congratz on a wonderful Christmas present...and a wonderful wife!

It's not uncommon to get a carto or even an adapter that will have that wiggle problem :( Next time you place an order for juice, cartos or whatever, pick up another couple of adapters. I have one that does the weeble wobble but my other two work just fine. As inconsistent as mass production can be it only takes a tiny flaw in the threads to cause a problem. Another good idea is getting a sealed adapter so that when you have a leak it won't go down into your top cap and around the screw. For cleaning, try a paper towel wetted with iso alcohol...just roll up a corner of it and spin it around in the top cap :)

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Sometimes the adapter can be the issue, too. I use an Ikenvape 808/801 adapter that's 100% consistent (so far, months of use), but another vendor's adapter quickly developed a short -- fine if it's slightly loose, but if I snug the carto down, then snug the adapter onto the BP, certain to be a short, need to loosen things back up.

In my case I know it's the adapter -- switching back to the IKV is fine, as is doing a rube goldberg of multiple adapters that test clean.

Tycho

Aug 14, 2011
Tabernacle, NJ
seems all cartos wiggle on my buzz pro until I tighten them all the way down.

I prefer to have a little wiggle in favor of air flow. once a cart starts to get a tighter draw, I screw it all the way down, because the carto is the limiting factor on airflow at that point.

Arkador,

The issue that I am having is, when I screw the carto all the way down until it is snug the Ipro will not fire. When I hit the button, the light stays red and there is no power going to the carto to make it fire. If I loosen it up a bit so that it wiggles back and forth, then hit the button, the light turns blue and the carto starts to crackle and pop, and I can vape without issue. I just found this a bit odd because when I got the Ipro that was not the case. I am really not sure what I have done to make it act like this so I thought I would ask on here.

Tycho

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Ty it's probably nothing you have done, just wear and tear on the adapter threads which is making it short out and not fire. Soft metal + 510 connections = pain in the .... sometimes LOL. Let us know if your other adapter helps the problem.

If all else fails, you can get with Mike (Buzzkill) and get a new top cap

Tycho

Aug 14, 2011
Tabernacle, NJ
Ty it's probably nothing you have done, just wear and tear on the adapter threads which is making it short out and not fire. Soft metal + 510 connections = pain in the .... sometimes LOL. Let us know if your other adapter helps the problem.

If all else fails, you can get with Mike (Buzzkill) and get a new top cap

Bovinia,

Your tip was dead on. I found my other adapter and threaded onto the Ipro. It started to get a little snug, and the lights on the Ipro both came on, then there was a "crunch" and the adapter tightened right up. I guess there was some dried up juice inside the 510 connector that I wasn't able to get out. Anyway, once I heard the crunch, the 510 adapter screwed down nice and tight, the lights cleared up, and when I threaded on a mega dual coil it got nice and snug and fired right up without a hitch. So now, everything is working as it should. Thanks again for the idea of using another adapter.

Now I just have to pick up some ISO Alcohol and give the top connecter a good cleaning. Can I just turn the Ipro upside down and soak the open end? I have been very wary about cleaning electrical components. I definitely don't want to short out my favorite device!

Tycho

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Awesome sauce Ty!

On the iso bath, I'm going to let Mike give his yea or nay. Try a cotton ball soaked with iso, stuff it into the top connector and either lay your IPro on it's side or upside down to let it soak for a few minutes. Make sure it's completely dry before using it afterwards. Dry it with a blow dryer or canned air if you have any.

On the Original Buzz we could put it upside down in a small glass (like a shot glass) and soak it for a few hours, then blow it out and let it dry overnight. That would dissolve and clean any funky old juice that may have leaked under the cap.

Mike has said that with the BuzzPro or in your case the IPro needs his approval before we do the iso spa treatment. The pcb in the Pros has a coating to help protect it from any leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread