Got an old 'B' router working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
I had previously tried to start up an old Linksys/Network Everywhere NWR04B running w/ my dell, but it just would not run stabilly. I decided, that since I could not afford the router I wanted I would give it another shot w/ my acer. I decided to upgrade the firmware, and that seems to have fixed it. YES! Granted, I guess that was an easy fix, but this is the first router I have messed with on my own.

I was surprised to find it listed as a Gigabit router, considering it is a 802.11B. Maybe that info is incorrect somehow? At any rate, it is fine for web browsing, I am getting the same up/down speed as I was getting w/out it. Seems to be a solid device, with the updated firmware that is.

Just DSL
Capture-3.png

Last edited:
Gigabit would be through a wired connection to your PC or other equipment, assuming it also has a Gigabit capable Ethernet card in it. Yes they were putting that out in the wireless b to g time. Wireless b will NOT exceed 11mbps on its best day

sent from my HTC froyo'd oc'd undervolted MIUI Desire CDMA using Tapatalk... bite me alltel

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
Gigabit would be through a wired connection to your PC or other equipment, assuming it also has a Gigabit capable Ethernet card in it. Yes they were putting that out in the wireless b to g time. Wireless b will NOT exceed 11mbps on its best day

sent from my HTC froyo'd oc'd undervolted MIUI Desire CDMA using Tapatalk... bite me alltel

Yea, I knew that was only through the ethernet ports, I just thought that was something newer. I bought this router almost 9 years ago for like $15 at fry's. Never got it to work before. I'm happy w/ 11mbps since even when I upgrade my DSL it will still only be 6mbps. lol If I had a faster connection I'd worry about it, but I'm happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread