I think I'm finally ready to quit! (long)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniacal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2013
Chicago
vaping. I am ready to quit vaping. :closedeyes: I wanted to spare u guys drama of it all, but I've been holding this in for days now & feel like ... this is probably my last attempt. I just .. dont know wtd at this point.

A few of u have had the pleasure (ha!) of reading abt the many bizarre issues I've gone thru in just this short time. I am trying so hard 2 make it work. All these F'd up experiences keep happening and many are financial. When I decided to do this I read so extensively abt all things vape related that I felt sorry for all the newbs who were posting abt how hard of a time they were having w/whatever it was at that time, such as:"how do u build a MOD? "what size connection is this?" "My throat fell out & I can't vape ..."" or whatever problem. I thought I was so much more prepared than most, and I was really confident & excited abt this whole vaping prospect. After it arrived, the whole sky came crumbling down.

This is probably the issue that infuriates/disgusts me the most .. that BURNT taste/smell!! I mean, it has turned me off SO much that it has pushed me to the point I'm at right now. I've read those threads that have basically EVERY solution to this god awful taste/smell. I have tried almost everything (Not coke, figured what are the odds of that being the only magic solution). Sometimes I get them to work better w/trial and error, but pretty often they're just done. All that time wasted, all that money spent, all the videos/reading only to frustrate me even worse, so I get upset & go through all that stress .. for what? Its still broken, good job Ash! I still haven't found my ADV. Everything was sooo nasty, and ALL of the vendors seemed to use the same or similar ingredient so I was starting to think that I just did not enjoy vaping at all. Thankfully, just as I was abt to throw in the towel I found something that was not disgusting. In fact, there are only TWO liquids that I can tolerate at this point, but at the same time finding that I actually could enjoy this .. it was enough to keep trying.

My voltage on my battery could be higher, abt 90% of the time I'm feeling like its not enough. Of anything. Not enough vapor, not enough flavor, sub-par TH, & not nearly enough power to enable me to vape at a speed that I would find acceptable enough to want to continue this journey(I do know that not all of these issues are completely battery related). I keep losing it. I drop them all the time (one time I was crossin the street& it fell, but I couldn't run out in the street at that moment, so as I was waiting for traffic to die.. a huge semi truck ran over my poor little Spinner. Can u believe it still worked?) I am so clumsy that I've broken 2 batteries & 4 or 5 clearos. In a month! I knew it would be quit a chore to tweak my setup & find the right vendor/liquid, so I bought a ton of various clearos. Its costly in the beginning, I know that, but .. u have no idea how much this unemployed maniac has spent so far, just trying to make it all work & every aspect/every piece of the equation comes together in perfect harmony. As u can imagine, everything but juice is bought from China. So if I break all of my 11 clearos (just murdered the last one just now, woo!) I either have to wait up to a month for replacements or go to the highly priced vape shop nearest me. I watched a plethora of tutorials, and being that I do very well at (and enjoy) tinkering & disecting/re-assembling gadgets, I wasn't intimidated. But mates, lemme tell u, it gets OLD. FAST. I mean, how many solutions are there for each individual problem? I'll tell u, its WAAY too many for me to have to troubleshoot EVERY damn time I want to vape! I can't do this, I'm so tired.

I've been smoking again. I haven't wanted any in so long, but the stress and the EASE of getting my fix the easy/fast way has become appealing. Oddly enough, this post doesn't include that many descriptions/details of my malfunctions, if anyone wants details on what specific problems I'm having jusk ask, message me, however you'd like. Maybe someone can adopt me as their intern and dedicate their entire lives to helping me with my vaping. It would probably take that long, too.

Thanks for reading :cry:

calico21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2011
next to a corn field,IL
I'm sorry to hear you've gone through all this. It's one of the things that drives me batty when I see people give new people advanced advice. I started on a k808 it was quite enough for me at the time. Still would be except yeah, I got tired of charging all the time. So now woo-hoo I'm advanced enough to use an ego and been working on this for four years. Sometimes it's a matter of KISS, keep it simple silly. If I don't make it this time around either I have not invested money I could not have afforded or wouldn't have spent on ciggies anyway, but when I set my mind to it have no complaints about my old fashion set up. I put on a $1 ce2, it doesn't leak, or break(even though they used to) I can clean it if I have to. If the plastic does break for some reason before the death of the rest of it I've saved old tubes to replace. I hope you don't give up e-cig maybe go back to basics since you at least found a juice you like. HTH in some way.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
While I dont expect everyone to go spend 300 bucks on nice gear out of the gate more often then not this is the exact problem playing with all this cheap junk. the girl at work went back to smoking for many of the same reasons i see here, she asked how i can deal with it. and i tell her i dont. i have gear that works. and she refuses to buy anything other then a clearo.

people seem reluctant to spend money on vaping gear, always looking for the cheapest route and the best bargain, never weighing in the cost versus performance aspect. sure its expensive to get good gear. but you only buy it once, and it works

yet in many case the most frugal vapors are the ones who had no problem buying 2 packs of smokes a day.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you make another go at it someday. live well

and I agree ,, smoke when you have to, vape when ya can............

Tracey1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
Tampa, Fl
I just went to the social forum and checked to see if there are any Chicago or Illinois vapers clubs or meet ups. I didn't see any listed but maybe you could reach out to a couple of your local vendors. They may be willing to sponsor a small vape meet in order to get one set up. You can meet up with vapig vets and newbies alike. You can offer to find a place for the meet. That would involve calling on a few places to find a place that would allow a small group of vapers coming in for a meeting. It could be a restaurant, a bowling alley or even one of the vendors stores if space allows. Announce the meet up here on ECF. Yyour first meet up may only have 3 people but attendance will increase each month. You will be able to have in person diiscussions with other vapers. The support system that deveops is amazing.

jangeisler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2013
Denmark
Sorry about the bad luck. It took me a month to quit the ciggies. Have you tried something simple and durable as a vivi @ 1.8ohms on a standard ego? A couple of those with some yummy tasting juice @ 18mg/ml+ might do the trick.

During my first month, I smoked and vaped. After that, I didnt like smoking anymore.

Keep up the spirit and good luck

nomoe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2013
ftworth, tx
frustraing to have my evod's and mt3 leak. when they do i just replace the coil and go on. its been about a month and the bucket of coils to rebuild is up to 7. i ordered 15 new ones for $1.60 ea.
ill have a stash and start rebuilding them.
ill be buying a tank or 5 soon and i may become a provarii fanboy soon too.

its still bettern then smoking

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I don't know anything about it but I googled and found the Windy City Vapors Club. They just had a meet this month so the group is active. Vapers are usually more than willing to lend a hand so I'm nearly certain that someone in the group would be willing to help you sort out why you are having so much trouble with your gear.

Are you using high VG juice? Also, have you tried a dripping atty? If so, are you find it wanting in some way?

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
So you buy your clearos from china and wonder why they are broken/burnt tasting? Why don't you go to that store across the street, spend a few extra dollars for a good clearo, have them show you how to make it work, then have a sigh of relief as you take a vape. The fact of the matter is if it tastes burnt your doing something wrong. Period.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
All hardware is not created equally. I feel bad for people that run into these problems, but, while I don't use them, a simple Boge cartomizer can at least get you up and running--it may not be the best thing, but it's far from the worst! I used cartomizers while I read though ECF and finally decided which road I would take. Granted, that was way before all of these janky devices became all the rage (I really want to go on a rant, but I won't), but sometimes, there is a simple solution.

I HATE ALL CLEARO-TYPE DEVICES WITH A PASSION!

Chiku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I was very frustrated with clearo's in the beginning. Burning, bad wicking, and they seemed to gunk up quickly. Boge carto's and carto tanks were my go to for months, as long as you prime the carto properly (search for Baditude's blog) the carto in a tank should work great. I like 60/40 pg/vg, and I liked 2 hole carto's. it might be worth a shot before you give up. Good luck

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Frustrated with low quality gear and can't find a flavor that doesn't repulse you... hmm...

Invest in a REO and fill it with unflavored nic

Done

Not everyone enjoys the flavor of unflavored nic. And how will a Reo battery compartment fix any atomizer annoyances?

So you buy your clearos from china and wonder why they are broken/burnt tasting? Why don't you go to that store across the street, spend a few extra dollars for a good clearo, have them show you how to make it work, then have a sigh of relief as you take a vape. The fact of the matter is if it tastes burnt your doing something wrong. Period.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

For a clearo that is made... where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread