Got my KR8 Lazer today and....

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Ca.
Got the batteries from ASPEN today...THANKYOU!!!! This is an awesome little unit, I need to swap the o-ring it doesn't quite fit right but a solid vapor producing little mod...Thanks Isaac!!!
My pleasure Swipple, with those four batteries you should be good for a couple months. One thing I have noticed with the laser I recieved is that it works best if battery is installed with the positive side (nipple) towards the end cap and the flat surface facing the atty. If you look at the positive end you will see four vent holes that can hang up on the spring inside. By installing this way you eliminate the chance of getting it hung up on the spring and a good contact point with the nipple against the end cap. Best of luck:D

Swipple

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Salt Lake City
LOL ya you busted me.... That and I am actually having to work today..GRRRR. Perhaps a little embarrassed about my rambling post in the Movies thread too. I am totally loving this little lazer though, it puts out just as good a hit as my 5v 510 PT. I am left wondering what more I could want with a 6v aside from just having a 6v.

bigboom

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
(I posted this over in the E-Cigarette Review Forum)

My KR Lazer Mod from Ikenvape showed up in my mailbox today and my initial impressions are all favorable. It feels sturdier than I expected and has a nice feel in the hand. I'm glad some folks on here mentioned putting the positive end of the battery in the twist cap because I most certainly expected it to go the other way. A protected 10440 fits comfortably when facing this direction.

This thing has a GREAT draw to it. I can only describe it as "tight," if that makes any sense. I like the draw better than that which I get with either my SD or 901 regular battery (I used the same atty on all three devices for comparison and there are differences).

This is my first time around with a lazer mod and 10440 batteries. I'm looking forward to seeing how these batteries compare to CR123As, 14500s, and regular 901/510 batts.

Isaac communicated with me exceedingly well from my initial questions about the product to the shipping notice to the mailed receipt that had a nickel taped to it (he owed me $.05) :>). I'll follow up with a post after I use this thing for a month or so.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
i really like the look of a kr8 lazer as a back up... but my wishlist is gettin' awfully long. *wistful*
Most definitely Belle! I keep one in my glovebox ripped and roaring to go in case of any emergency lol
LOL ya you busted me.... That and I am actually having to work today..GRRRR. Perhaps a little embarrassed about my rambling post in the Movies thread too. I am totally loving this little lazer though, it puts out just as good a hit as my 5v 510 PT. I am left wondering what more I could want with a 6v aside from just having a 6v.
Embarrassed? There's no such thing here! Heck if you go to the New/Chameleon thread you'll see artwork of me in a Mike tyson get up! Ohh, you just don't know about 6V! It's Very addicting, too addicting. Once you get one, everything else would feel obsolete. It is more of a curse than a blessing though. Because with 3.7 batteries you get so much more runtime...at the moment ;)

(I posted this over in the E-Cigarette Review Forum)

My KR Lazer Mod from Ikenvape showed up in my mailbox today and my initial impressions are all favorable. It feels sturdier than I expected and has a nice feel in the hand. I'm glad some folks on here mentioned putting the positive end of the battery in the twist cap because I most certainly expected it to go the other way. A protected 10440 fits comfortably when facing this direction.

This thing has a GREAT draw to it. I can only describe it as "tight," if that makes any sense. I like the draw better than that which I get with either my SD or 901 regular battery (I used the same atty on all three devices for comparison and there are differences).

This is my first time around with a lazer mod and 10440 batteries. I'm looking forward to seeing how these batteries compare to CR123As, 14500s, and regular 901/510 batts.

Isaac communicated with me exceedingly well from my initial questions about the product to the shipping notice to the mailed receipt that had a nickel taped to it (he owed me $.05) :>). I'll follow up with a post after I use this thing for a month or so.
THANK YOU!! LOL Everytime I think of that nickel I just keep laughing.
Keep on rockin good buddy!
bah....put off ordering a Lazer because I didnt have any 10440 batts...and someone posted that a 510 passthru had one...and boom, there it was!

Holy! Good work!
LOL Funny part is, that I used batts from the passthroughs and it Always slips the ol' mind! May your order come swiftly and safely! Thanks ya!

bigboom

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
A little over a month ago, I received a KR8 Lazer from Ikenvape. I posted my initial impressions and stated that I'd follow up after using it for a month.

I have to say that I have used this thing hard, making it my "go to" daily vaping device. Simply put, this thing rocks. The button is as solid today as it was upon arrival. The threads on to which the atomizer attaches show no signs of wear. The atomizer fit is tight and I have had no issues whatsoever on the top end. The threads on the cap at the bottom feel like they're going to cause a problem at some point, but so far, so good. I put a little Noalox on those once a week. There are two O-rings on the bottom cap, one larger than the other. I found replacement O-rings at a local hardware store for $.59 each and have replaced the larger one twice and am about to do so again. These are very minor maintenance issues.

This is the first mod that I've had that uses 10440 batteries, and I picked up 10 protected Trustfires from High Tech Dealz. I rotated four batteries for about three weeks before replacing them with 4 others. I typically left home with four fully charged batteries and the four would get me through the day, and then I'd recharge one or two for use in the evening at home. I'm a little disappointed with how quickly the 10440s drop off but for $1.98 each, I can't complain.

I have an original Screwdriver with a 901 connector and a BB for 510s. I literally have not used the SD since getting this lazer. I will be purchasing a 510 lazer which may result in the BB gathering dust.

If this thing died tomorrow, I'd feel as though I got my money's worth and then some, though there is no evidence to suggest that its demise is imminent. Out of all the money I've spent on vaping-related gear, this $35 was the best spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread