Got my Vamo yesterday. $40 well spent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner83

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2012
US
It came in the mail yesterday and I used it all afternoon, on break at work last night, and all this morning (I work 3rd shift). It's been running like a champ! I had already ordered and received a Helix spring for a replacement, just in case. I didn't even try it with the factory spring (but I still kept it). Threw the Helix spring in immediately.

Neither the battery cap, spring, nor the tube heat up when vaping. There is no lag when firing, and there is no rattle at all using my 18650 Panasonic button tops. Everything on the menu works, the display is perfect, and no weird readings like I have read about here, etc, etc.

Count me in with the satisfied customer crowd. This thing is a winner.:vapor:

(I'm sitting here at the computer drowning myself in clouds of vapor. Using the same Vivi Nova setup that I've been using on my Bolt, I'm getting way more vapor, and I only have it set at 5.5 watts!:D)

budynbuick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
michigan
It came in the mail yesterday and I used it all afternoon, on break at work last night, and all this morning (I work 3rd shift). It's been running like a champ! I had already ordered and received a Helix spring for a replacement, just in case. I didn't even try it with the factory spring (but I still kept it). Threw the Helix spring in immediately.

Neither the battery cap, spring, nor the tube heat up when vaping. There is no lag when firing, and there is no rattle at all using my 18650 Panasonic button tops. Everything on the menu works, the display is perfect, and no weird readings like I have read about here, etc, etc.

Count me in with the satisfied customer crowd. This thing is a winner.:vapor:

(I'm sitting here at the computer drowning myself in clouds of vapor. Using the same Vivi Nova setup that I've been using on my Bolt, I'm getting way more vapor, and I only have it set at 5.5 watts!:D)

Congrats at ya! I'm using the same set up @ 6.5 W.
Keith

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
I got my Vamo yesterday as well. Used it all day long with an 18650. This morning still had battery life, but couldn't wait to try a single 18350, so that is what I doing right now.

It is just so hard to beat the ViVi Nova. 2.4ohm head. 6.5w. Inexpensive, reliable, tons of vapor. And on the Vamo ~ Bamo!

I want to try my Fatty V2, Penelope, Ody & DC9 on this Vamo, but the ViVi is just so nice I haven't gotten around to playing yet. I guess that is what Sunday's are for.

Gunner83

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2012
US
The Vamo is quite the tall mod, eh?:D

photobucket-63464-1358006708568.jpg

photobucket-50892-1358006753668.jpg

(Funny side story; I just tried to take a puff and got nothing. I was all like :unsure:. Then I realized that I never turned it back on after pulling the battery for the "mini mode" pic above and putting it back in.:blush:)

MF DOOM, you seem to be on the fence for rather a few of the new mods out at the moment, what's keeping you from jumping in, what are you using at the moment?
I was hoping I wouldn't get asked...fixed 3.7 e-power :facepalm: gotta start somewhere!
Why I haven't leaped yet is that things usually get fixed once they are largely addressed.And I would like to see the PBusardo Anyvape review.
I just want to see if the Anyvape has an edge on the VAMO.

It is just so hard to beat the ViVi Nova. 2.4ohm head. 6.5w. Inexpensive, reliable, tons of vapor. And on the Vamo ~ Bamo!

I want to try my Fatty V2, Penelope, Ody & DC9 on this Vamo, but the ViVi is just so nice I haven't gotten around to playing yet. I guess that is what Sunday's are for.
This is what I like to see, a guy with all that RBA gear still having faith in his Nova.
My man!

meli.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Private Suite GroenDakkies
I was hoping I wouldn't get asked...fixed 3.7 e-power :facepalm: gotta start somewhere!
Why I haven't leaped yet is that things usually get fixed once they are largely addressed.And I would like to see the PBusardo Anyvape review.
I just want to see if the Anyvape has an edge on the VAMO.
hehe:D decisions decisions 'ey?
I think the Vamo issues have been addressed now, the spring being the main culprit has been found and corrected furthermore for the price it's a great entry mod.
The Anyvape looks good too, I suppose later on you'll be able to buy different coloured tubes to swap and change and the eVic well, that appeals to the gadget/app lovers, but fundamentally I think the chip sets are pretty much the same, I think you'll get the same type of vape whichever one you choose, it's now just a matter of personal preference.
I look forward to seeing what you decide on, keep us posted.;)

Gunner83

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2012
US
I'm still going to keep an eye on the Anyvape. I really like the display on it, from looking at pictures of it. Also, I can't tell for sure, but it appears to be shorter than the Vamo, which is a plus in my opinion.

Like you, MF, I'm waiting to see some reviews on it from my favorite YouTube reviewers (and PBusardo is one of them).

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I'm still going to keep an eye on the Anyvape. I really like the display on it, from looking at pictures of it. Also, I can't tell for sure, but it appears to be shorter than the Vamo, which is a plus in my opinion.

Like you, MF, I'm waiting to see some reviews on it from my favorite YouTube reviewers (and PBusardo is one of them).
If the Chinese were going for "subtle" with this mod, they missed by a mile. Even the so-called "mini" mode only shortens it by an inch or so. I threw an Aga-T with a stainless drip tip on mine. If figured I would take the industrial look all the way to it's natural conclusion.:vapor: Almost 12 inches of stainless vapor production!

Buzzsaw46

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
SE MN United States
Just got my VAMO yesterday. For a $40 mod it's pretty nice so far, I do have two nit picky complaints though. 1. my 510 connector is slightly tilted. 2. I got the black chrome model and find it a bit too slippery. If I remind myself it was only $40 it does not bother me as much .

To me it feels like a cheap mod but since it is cheap I dont feel at all put out by it. I purchased it for situations where I'm more likely to loose it, like out four wheeling, fishing, hunting, etc.

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
Just got my VAMO yesterday. For a $40 mod it's pretty nice so far, I do have two nit picky complaints though. 1. my 510 connector is slightly tilted. 2. I got the black chrome model and find it a bit too slippery. If I remind myself it was only $40 it does not bother me as much .

To me it feels like a cheap mod but since it is cheap I dont feel at all put out by it. I purchased it for situations where I'm more likely to loose it, like out four wheeling, fishing, hunting, etc.

Check out the vinyl wraps in another thread in this vamo forum. You might particularly like the carbon fiber wraps. Great look & not slippery.

Buzzsaw46

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
SE MN United States
Check out the vinyl wraps in another thread in this vamo forum. You might particularly like the carbon fiber wraps. Great look & not slippery.

Thanks, ya I've thought about getting a wrap. One of my friends has a Cricket(sp) vinyl cutter, so I need to get with her and see what we can do.

Gunner83

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2012
US
So it was raining last night at work, so I was sitting in my car on break with the windows up, vaping like a fiend while I surfed the internet on my phone. When I finally got out, plumes of vapor rolled out of the open door. I was parked right under a light pole, and it looked like Cheech & Chong were just partying in my car, with how much vapor came out. :laugh:

Ace7111

Nov 12, 2012
Colorado
I sometimes take my Vamo to work with me. I work at Walmart graveyard shift which means my lunch break is at 2 am. There has been more than once where the cops roll though the parking lot just checking things out and I am sitting in my car vaping away with the windows up and Vamo in hand parked way out in the parking lot all by myself. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit nerves. Vaping with a ego twist or my vv ego ok but my Vamo with the 1860. This MOD is big. I got some 18350 coming. LOL. They have never stop to see what is up but they do check me out. To serve and protect you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread