GotLogos sponsored GotVapes Contest Open to All - Free Logo Design Package - thru 9PM SUNDAY 5-01

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
What a unique and thoughtful idea. My daughter has Asperger's, which is a a form of autism (or a degree of autism, depending on whose book you read). For the past few years, she's been learning to ride and care for horses at a place called Open My World, which offers equine therapy to kids with autism and other developmental disorders. They're a great bunch of ladies and it would be nice to give a little something back. Thanks, danno.

Amy41996

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
Chicago, Illinois, United States
What a unique and thoughtful idea. My daughter has Asperger's, which is a a form of autism (or a degree of autism, depending on whose book you read). For the past few years, she's been learning to ride and care for horses at a place called Open My World, which offers equine therapy to kids with autism and other developmental disorders. They're a great bunch of ladies and it would be nice to give a little something back. Thanks, danno.

my son has autism and other challenges.....i would love him to be involved with horses. I have found places that provide theraputic services for my son,,,but cant afford it and they are pretty far away from us. But, I would love a chance for him to be able to participate in caring and riding horses :) he is now 14 and doing really good,,,,we make due with what we have and thats our family and his strengths :)

naviathan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Stella, NC
corepcsolutions.com

I'm the Royal Ambassadors leader for my church and one of our boys has Asperger's. I can't imagine what it must be like trying to handle that on a daily basis. Just keeping his attention for an hour twice a week is difficult enough, not to mention when he has an "episode" in the middle of a meeting.

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
my son has autism and other challenges.....i would love him to be involved with horses. I have found places that provide theraputic services for my son,,,but cant afford it and they are pretty far away from us. But, I would love a chance for him to be able to participate in caring and riding horses :) he is now 14 and doing really good,,,,we make due with what we have and thats our family and his strengths :)

We had some help with the cost initially, but we're down to about once every 6 or 8 weeks now because of the expense. Fortunately, she doesn't need it as much now (she's almost 12). She's doing really well also. Like you guys, the only resource we have in abundance is each other, which is the best therapy money can't buy :)

Amy41996

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
We had some help with the cost initially, but we're down to about once every 6 or 8 weeks now because of the expense. Fortunately, she doesn't need it as much now (she's almost 12). She's doing really well also. Like you guys, the only resource we have in abundance is each other, which is the best therapy money can't buy :)

so glad to here that...i truely think it is atmosphere and looking at the child and looking for their strengths then looking at their challenges is what helps any child, special needs or not :)
ooo she is, 12,,omg,,,thats when my child became "age appropriate" (puberty) iuuuuuugggggg rofl, i hope you understand that funny :)
:vapor: just gotta vape on and on and on :vapor:

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
so glad to here that...i truely think it is atmosphere and looking at the child and looking for their strengths then looking at their challenges is what helps any child, special needs or not :)
ooo she is, 12,,omg,,,thats when my child became "age appropriate" (puberty) iuuuuuugggggg rofl, i hope you understand that funny :)
:vapor: just gotta vape on and on and on :vapor:

Oh, we're already smack dead in the middle of that bridge. Santa comes earlier for girls :) My son, her twin, is practically green with envy. She's not yet 12, but she's already 5'8" , wears a size 10 shoe, and can roll her eyes at me with a skill that any 13 year old would admire.

Amy41996

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
:blink::confused:
Oh, we're already smack dead in the middle of that bridge. Santa comes earlier for girls :) My son, her twin, is practically green with envy. She's not yet 12, but she's already 5'8" , wears a size 10 shoe, and can roll her eyes at me with a skill that any 13 year old would admire.

:vapor: thats all i can do....i am sooooo with ya, fun aint it :blink::confused:
vaping :vapor: it helps rofl

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I can't for the life of me come up with a logo for my business.

Would love to have one as it would make advertising, web site, business cards, etc. soooooo much easier than:

Nashville Image Olde Tyme Photography Studio and Very Small Wedding Chapel

"It's not how many come in, it's how many come back".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread