GotVapes PHOENiX Raven NESTs Now Available in Outer Chrome-Work and Inner Tube Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
The Raven Nest tube (encased in its chrome work outer weave) is 44.5mm exactly. The Raven Nest Cartos are at 45mm. So it doesnt actually stick up even quite a full mm. They designed a drip tip that goes over the carto and skirts that extra .5-1mm. If you don't use their included mouthpiece its still about normal.

Last edited:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
sidebyside.jpg

On the left is the standard Phoenix Raven 3.5ml with 45mm flanged carto. On the right is the Nest with same 45mm flanged carto. The standard Raven actually has almost double the length extending from the top than the Nest. When you use the Nest designed mouthpiece it provides a concave skirt that covers that extension. We are now selling the tubes separately and there should be no problem to also get the tips designed for this separately if that extension niggles at you : ) and it might not be a bad idea as we are also getting some other designs made.

Just a Note: They intended the length of the Nest, sans tip, to be what it was as they originally intended a unified look with their special Nest-specific mouthpiece.

Last edited:

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
The cool mouthpiece that came with my Nest does not have a groove or concave skirt that covers anything. It only will sit flat on the Nest if using the shorter carto that came with it and if I put it on with the regular carto that sticks up a bit as in dans picture then it doesn't sit on the Nest properly and there is a gap like in the picture posted in the other thread. Part of why its been on my goto setup is because I like the look of it with the included tip.
Danno does this mean there is going to be a separate drip tip (that I would have to buy) or they are changing the included one to accommodate the overhang with the regular cartos?
Sorry I hope that doesn't come across funny, I was just a bit confusd and was looking for some clarification :)

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Don't have a completed Nest here. I see what you mean when using the special tip...We'll talk to them and find a solution - it will either have to be a special Nest only version of the raven cartos (meaning we have to make a special order of the Nest cartos they already have tooled up) or they will have to make new molds for the unit itself...thanks for the feedback and clarification...

I'd definitely buy a redesigned tip. Because yeah, that extra space looks really awkward with the Nest and the included tip.

The cool mouthpiece that came with my Nest does not have a groove or concave skirt that covers anything. It only will sit flat on the Nest if using the shorter carto that came with it and if I put it on with the regular carto that sticks up a bit as in dans picture then it doesn't sit on the Nest properly and there is a gap like in the picture posted in the other thread. Part of why its been on my goto setup is because I like the look of it with the included tip.
Danno does this mean there is going to be a separate drip tip (that I would have to buy) or they are changing the included one to accommodate the overhang with the regular cartos?
Sorry I hope that doesn't come across funny, I was just a bit confusd and was looking for some clarification :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread