GotVapes PHOENiX Raven NESTs Now Available in Outer Chrome-Work and Inner Tube Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
nesttubeonly.png

PHOENiX Raven NEST - Nest Cover and Inner Poly Tube Only
$7.95

GotVapes Phoenix Raven Nest - Chrome Nest Only includes inner poly propylene tube - 44.5mm high.

You can use the Phoenix Raven Bottom Coil fillerless cartos on this or most other XL sized cartomizers such as the SMOKtech 45mm (we have on site)

• You receive ONE NEST outer chrome and inner fixed poly propylene tube
  • NO carto or tip included
  • You can purchase a Phoenix Raven carto(s) below in the drop down box or elsewhere in this category.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
MAN I had a bugger of a time getting the included Raven carto outta the Nest. In fact, I totally ruined the threading on it. I couldn't get it to budge with anything less than pliers, and even though I had a pretty thick rag between the pliers and the threading, it STILL bent 'em all to he||.

But no biggie. I still dig it! Here's some impressionistic iPhone photos I snapped last night while the power was out. I had my flashlight sitting here on my desk and thought "hey I bet I can get a neato photo with this...."
9169286357_dced3b097a_b.jpg

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
:) Looks like some Spielberg stuff with alien ships 'n stuff

MAN I had a bugger of a time getting the included Raven carto outta the Nest. In fact, I totally ruined the threading on it. I couldn't get it to budge with anything less than pliers, and even though I had a pretty thick rag between the pliers and the threading, it STILL bent 'em all to he||.

But no biggie. I still dig it! Here's some impressionistic iPhone photos I snapped last night while the power was out. I had my flashlight sitting here on my desk and thought "hey I bet I can get a neato photo with this...."
9169286357_dced3b097a_b.jpg

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Oh snap. Now your making me want to mod a raven with a clearo tube and an led to put in the nest.... And its not as undoable as it sounds but the led would have to be in the vapor stream... hum not sure it would light it up very well either...
Still awesome pic man :)

Change out the bottom cap with a homemade one out of plexiglass... then use it on the XCube which already has a light ring around the eGo connector...

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Thanks! And I like your LED idea. I dig a cheesy light show. ;)

Oh snap. Now your making me want to mod a raven with a clearo tube and an led to put in the nest.... And its not as undoable as it sounds but the led would have to be in the vapor stream... hum not sure it would light it up very well either...
Still awesome pic man :)

Last edited:

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
Heh I used to put leds in all sorts of clearos and tanks. Kinda got away from that though guess I got lazy or something. And most of the newer types of tanks and such don't have the center positive connection exposed (like the nova tanks and such) which makes it pretty much more work than its worth. The older tanks like the Stone tank and vision extreme clearos the center post was the positive (and much smaller so the tank also held more juice) which made it pretty easy to add an led but it also wires and solder connections in the tank exposed to your juice which lots of folks objected to - but I never had any problems. Only ones I recall having trouble with were the Giantomizer Maximizers where (mostly if modded) the gold (mystery metal) brass(?) would sometimes be exposed through the chrome inside the base of the tank which would react with the juice and if left alone over time the juice would turn yucky green colors (and prolly wasn't good to vape - I didn't know so I quit using them)...
Not sure what tanks or clearos are around anymore that would be an easy fit for an led without extensive modding... at least none of the many kinds I have here lol

Oops sorry to derail the thread. Just found out the Nest needs a custom length raven to be able to properly utilize the matching drip tip. That's kinda a let down but if you use your own drip tip it shouldn't matter...

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Was it the new shorty version of the Raven that was shipped in the Nest tank? All my other Raven cartos stick out of the top a few mm.

No.....the new shorty version would be too short...it's the length of a reg. carto and was made for the baby raven. We don't know why...but it appears they made the nest a little too short and put a shorter carto in it. It's 1.5-2 mm shorter than the original raven cartos....Badkolo is looking into it and perhaps we'll end up with 3 sizes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread