GP spheroid experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Copy and past from new member forum since I can now post here....hope this helps!

I have to post this here bc I dont have my required posts yet. I thought this info would be helpful if you are having trouble with dry hits on the GP spheroid.

First I'll tell you what didnt work. Any coil from 1mm-3mm diameter using various wicks/lengths. Cotton/silica, close to air hole, far from airhole, 26-32 ga wire with 3-7 wraps, .8-3 ohm coil ranges. Mech mods, vw mods, on and on. Hours of frustration finally led me to put it for sale in the classifieds. Thats when i took the fluff out and realized its only half saturated. The half closest to drip tip was dry. Hmmmm

So hear is what worked. I think what was happening was the fluff was wicking down AND up into unsaturated fluff. I cut down the size of the fluff from the recommended 20x40 mm to 20x30. I also used a syringe to fill from bottom (drip tip end) up. I built a really shoddy 1.25 ohm coil out of 30ga kanthal (I wasn't expecting success) and wicked it loosely with some cotton. I made the wicks just about 5mm longer than base radius, so quite short.

Now its behaving like a dream. Great flavor and if anyone calls about the classified ad it is no longer for sale ;-) I found it interesting that the build had so little to do with my troubles. I built an almost identical coil last night and it was terrible. It was all about the wicking, or lack thereof.

Hope that helps anyone who may be frustrated with this atomizer. Especially because the recommended amount of fluff was too much for 50/50 liquid. Maybe I got some thicker fluff, maybe not...but the frustration ended when I went to work on it. My coil is set up diagonally as recommended with the leads screwed in from the inside to shorten the lead length to the post. Now this thing is a pleasure to vape :laugh:

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Welcome buddy and thanks for sharing your experience with Spheroid :)

We have a whole thread here with tips and tricks about the Spheroid, gathered from all over the world with all kinds of different builds, even with mess instead of fluff.

The amount of fluff is depending on the viscosity of the liquid and other factors like how tight is wrapped around the bell, whether it touches the inner walls of the chamber, etc.

Enjoy your vape :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread