GP-Heron : Setup Pictorial √

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nighthawk76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
Edmonton
Just realized I posted in the wrong thread. Mea culpa. Sure. I just did a micro coil ~3mm ID, rolled 500 mesh to ~3mm OD x 50mm long (about 1mm mesh ID after rolling), set at a rough 45 degrees, pulsed out hot spots. Measured 1Ω. Stuck end of mesh through chamber cap, trimmed, pinched and folded end over so no siphon effect. Filled up tank (w/o sera) and vapid away. During my first tank, I did get some seepage into the chamber, so I tamped some cotton on the outside of the wick to fill the gap better. Does not wick as well now, but a small primer puff every now and then sets it right. 20140403_121559.jpg 20140403_121545.jpg 20140403_122450.jpg

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
As usual a good job done here by Scott:

Just that he did what my pet peeve is ~ he set it up fluff less! Yes, it can be done, but the Heron is not designed for it Imho. The standard setup is albeit with a filler material ~ which gives you that peace of mind that come what may the Spheroid/Heron will not leak. Which is the USP of this gr8 piece of work from Vapour Art. Build it without the fluff and you are taking away that Unique Selling Point.

StrikeIII

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2013
Chicago
I have a problem with rust on the inside of the base of Heron. This is the # 115 Version 1. I'm really disappointed, it's still not normal rust here!
arany2uz.jpg
eny6uvaq.jpg
ze5ehy7y.jpg

I had it happen in my Heron and was easily able to brush it off with a small toothbrush, soap and water.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
Thank your qorax for taking the time to start this thread and the time you so patiently put into all the pictures and detailed instructions.

I'm very excited to be receiving a Heron in the next few days and feel confident that it'll be up and running in no time.

Thank to StrikeIII too for directing me here.

dflores

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
McAllen, Tx, USA
I've done a bunch of builds with ReadyXWick, although not in a Heron yet. But it can be used in place of any standard build that uses silica/ekowool based on my experience.

I think I am going to try a build out with the ribbon wire that comes with it. Had one of the first release herons but sold it and only built it with cotton.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Anyone try the hot topic rayon cotton as the wick or in lieu of fluff?

The Potential Perils of "Other Fibers"

Rayon, a tree-derived substance, is made from the fibers of bleached wood pulp. And these materials are often bleached with chlorine to get that bright, clean "white" look.

As you're probably aware, whenever you bleach something with chlorine, there is a possibility of creating the toxic carcinogens, dioxin and disinfection-by-products (DBP's) such as trihalomethane.

Dioxin, in the same family as Agent Orange, is a by-product of the production of paper and rayon products such as coffee filters, toilet paper, disposable diapers, and even possibly, feminine hygiene products. Dioxin can also be left behind from pesticide spraying and pollution from incinerators.

Studies show that dioxin collects in the fatty tissues of animals and humans. And published reports show that even low or trace levels of dioxins may be linked to:
~Abnormal tissue growth in the abdomen and reproductive organs
~Abnormal cell growth throughout the body
~Immune system suppression
~Hormonal and endocrine system disruption

Source: Mercola.Com

Todai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2014
I think I am going to try a build out with the ribbon wire that comes with it. Had one of the first release herons but sold it and only built it with cotton.

I have a Heron on the way. I'll try a standard lasso/loop build with some 3mm hollow ReadyxWick and let you know how it goes. I also have some 2mm, just have to see how big of a deck I have to work with, this will be my first Heron.

Last edited:

rodsky77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Switzerland
I have a problem with rust on the inside of the base of Heron. This is the # 115 Version 1. I'm really disappointed, it's still not normal rust here!
arany2uz.jpg
eny6uvaq.jpg
ze5ehy7y.jpg

I can't tell where the rust is? The pictures don't really show it that well. If it's only on the nut and bolt where the gpin comes in contact with it then that's really not a big deal. Also, how often do you clean the Heron? If you use some acidic flavors and rarely take the atty apart to clean it, then it's bound to happen to any pice of equipment - genuine or not.

Last edited:

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Yes thanks but it' s not still rust here. The clones ok but not a original to 125 euro !

The oxidisation happens easily to places like positive posts, because shorts occur there and phenomena of electrolysis between 2 different metal parts like the SS post and brass base of the GPin accelerate the oxidisation, if the base is not cleansed frequently. The liquid's acidity can be a critical factor as well. In version 1.5 we created a SS base, but the oxidisation may still occur in lower rhythms, if the base is not cleansed frequently and an electrical short happens. It can removed quickly though.

Last edited:

rodsky77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Switzerland
The oxidisation happens easily to places like positive posts, because shorts occur there and phenomena of electrolysis between 2 different metal parts like the SS post and brass base of the GPin accelerate the oxidisation, if the base is not cleansed frequently. The liquid's acidity can be a critical factor as well. In version 1.5 we created a SS base, but the oxidisation may still occur in lower rhythms, if the base is not cleansed frequently and an electrical short happens. It can removed quickly though.

Hi Perseas :)

How are you? What do you mean that in version 1.5 you created an ss base? Wasn't the v1 also ss? Am I missing something?

Hello buddy, I am running now because we have to open in a few hours, but I am fine thank you :) I hope you are well too!
The changes of v1.5 are mentioned in the product's description:

http://www.vapourart.com/en/product/gp-heron-v15

Last edited by a moderator:

rodsky77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Switzerland
Hi Perseas :)

How are you? What do you mean that in version 1.5 you created an ss base? Wasn't the v1 also ss? Am I missing something?

Hello buddy, I am running now because we have to open in a few hours, but I am fine thank you :) I hope you are well too!
The changes of v1.5 are mentioned in the product's description:

http://www.vapourart.com/en/product/gp-heron-v15

Thank you Perseas. I'm good :)
I missed the change in the grade of SS.
Good luck with the VaporDay :)

I already participated :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread