Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
207qnup.jpg

I'll stick with my Organic Cotton Balls and Yarn ;)

Now that is great information to share with us all Q!! Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Todai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2014
Can you post up some pics. I'd like to get an idea so I don't waste some readyxwick

Hey buddy, I told you I was going to build up the Heron with ReadyXWick, and I did, but ripped it out and switched to cotton. I posted a little more detail here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...official-thread-gp-heron-79.html#post13422456

My opinion is that it works OK in my drippers, but I couldn't get it to wick properly in the Heron, and didn't feel like spending the time to really tinker with it. Perhaps adjusting the fluff amount would help, but I just switch to KGD cotton and it works so well I'll be sticking with that.

dflores

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
McAllen, Tx, USA
Hey buddy, I told you I was going to build up the Heron with ReadyXWick, and I did, but ripped it out and switched to cotton. I posted a little more detail here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...official-thread-gp-heron-79.html#post13422456

My opinion is that it works OK in my drippers, but I couldn't get it to wick properly in the Heron, and didn't feel like spending the time to really tinker with it. Perhaps adjusting the fluff amount would help, but I just switch to KGD cotton and it works so well I'll be sticking with that.

That's what I was worried about. Maybe I'll get some ekowool. I've noticed that ready wick doesn't wick as well as other things and is only really good in drippers.

Todai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2014
Yeah, I think the ceramic needs to stay really wet, which is why it probably works so well in drippers (and gennys most likely, but I don't do gennys). If it begins to dry out, you get this taste from the wick that is absolutely horrible. I know people say 'ceramic has no taste', but that wasn't my experience.

At $8 per foot, it's a little disappointing. Luckily, for $12, a box of KGD will last me a lifetime, lol.

Last edited:

dflores

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
McAllen, Tx, USA
Yeah, I think the ceramic needs to stay really wet, which is why it probably works so well in drippers (and gennys most likely, but I don't do gennys). If it begins to dry out, you get this taste from the wick that is absolutely horrible. I know people say 'ceramic has no taste', but that wasn't my experience.

At $8 per foot, it's a little disappointing. Luckily, for $12, a box of KGD will last me a lifetime, lol.

Ya I'm using shiseido in mine right now. 2.5mm micro and this is how I have the fluff set up.
y7a3ygy2.jpg

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I'm going to save up for authentic GP products, having found a manufacturer's products that I can enjoy. I've already started that process by ordering 2 sets of GPin springs...the first of my orders from VapourArt. My hat's off to you Perseas, for making an outstanding product design, and to you Quorax, for your helpful posts about the **** on the **** forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I'm going to save up for authentic GP products, having found a manufacturer's products that I can enjoy. I've already started that process by ordering 2 sets of GPin springs...the first of my orders from VapourArt. My hat's off to you Perseas, for making an outstanding product design, and to you Quorax, for your helpful posts about the Heron on the **** forums.

Hi, thanks for the appreciation! I'm tho unsure about your claims of clone quality vis-a-vis the real GP stuff. GPs thru Vapour Art are made of extreme finesse ~ of 0.05 tolerances ~ 15+ microns of silver plating (ditto for the 24K Gold over Silver plating in the LUX) ~ and of the finest steel money can buy (grade 316). I an unsure **** products can match an iota of that quality!

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Hi, thanks for the appreciation! I'm tho unsure about your claims of clone quality vis-a-vis the real GP stuff. GPs thru Vapour Art are made of extreme finesse ~ of 0.05 tolerances ~ 15+ microns of silver plating (ditto for the 24K Gold over Silver plating in the LUX) ~ and of the finest steel money can buy (grade 316). I an unsure **** products can match an iota of that quality!
Hmm. I probably should have said that the function of the clones has encouraged me to look into the real thing. For instance, the **** has a light, extremely short throw compared to other mods, as opposed to the real thing, which I've heard is like "tapping a touch screen."
Not sure Perseas wants to hear about people buying clones of his products, but I'm glad you want to buy a real one.
:shrug: I would never have considered purchasing real GP products had it not been for the clones. Not that long ago, the clone would have been all I could afford. I'm happy to say, that is no longer the case. Also, as a structural welder, I would never dream of taking a real Heron+GP PAPS to work. I've put a custom hammered finish on my **** to make them less likely to slip, and I'd feel hesitant about doing so to something I spent a good deal of money on.

In my case, the clones were free advertising for VapourArt. Without them, I would never have spent a dime on any GP products, or if I had, I would have purchased them secondhand from the ECF classifieds. Now, I will buy them from VapourArt directly if I can, when they are in stock.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Hello buddy and welcome aboard :)

I really appreciate your honesty and I agree with you partially as a vaper, albeit I hope you shall comprehend my position as a modder. Our products can be copied by everyone, because we have no patent regarding their design and we really don't care if somebody wants to imitate them for his own profit. However, when someone puts our insignia and logos upon his own mods it is not only unethical, it is illegal at least in the States and Europe, it is called counterfeiting and it is considered a theft of intellectual property whether it is a registered trademark or a common law trademark, the latter can also be enforced before its registration from the time it is used. Discussing our reasons for buying or not a genuine product is like going to the forest and making a campfire, while we admire the surrounding; one wrong move and we can cause indirect harm to others who live there.

Last edited:

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Since you are still in here maybe you or someone can explain the "GP" and "PAPS" name to me. I know there's a PAPS series and they are made by the PAPS team, but is it an acronym for something? If you were based in the U.S., I would assume GP stood for "General Purpose." :)

They stand for a couple of different meanings:

George and Perseas

P stands as the first letter of mine and George's surname.

PAPS is an abbreviation of George's surname.

General Purpose fits very well to our philosophy, because we use high quality materials to ensure longevity in hard conditions.

Todai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2014
I just realized Domo Vapor is not only the U.S. distributor for VapourArt, they are in the same city I work in, Portland, Oregon. :facepalm: I guess I know where my paychecks will be going now. :D

I definitely recommend you go see Blake over at Domo. He's one of the nicest guys I've ever dealt with in this industry, and his customer service is top notch.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
I definitely recommend you go see Blake over at Domo. He's one of the nicest guys I've ever dealt with in this industry, and his customer service is top notch.

Don't forget fast. FAST! Your order is ALMOST shipped before you even place it. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread