Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
A kid backed into my wife's parked van a week ago. luckily it was witnessed cause the kid took off. Turned out, He backed out of the house Right across the street where it was parked. and now it's in the body shop.

So we had to get us a rental.

We picked a Jeep Wrangler cause my kids always say how cool they look. It was also like brand new ~2000 miles.

After driving it I hated it.

Until I removed the removable portions of the hard top. Now is a whole different animal.

I'd get one if I had enough money to afford a third car and a 4th garage cause I'd remove the entire top and only drive it on nice days

I'd also get a system installed in it cause the radio looks and the speakers sound like a 1992 stock system. Mans gotta have Bass and connectivity.

Here it is just now with two of my grands :)
image.jpg

That oughta bring @filthy beast outta hiding :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
sweet ... gotta take it off road :cool:

after all, it is a rental :blink:

Hell yes I will. I just need to find a minute and a place to do it. I wanted to drive it thru some construction jobs in the grading phase we passed yesterday but mall girl quickly shot down the idea. :)

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Great picture Russ, I saw you mention this on Facebook. I always liked the look of a Jeep, there is a gorgeous blue one lifted maybe 4" at the dodge dealer here. Take the top off, take the doors off is a must with jeeps haha. Inside is always lacking though with wranglers.

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
Russ, I'd post a picture of my old Nissan Frontier, but the old dog wouldn't fit in with the new boys. I'vd had it since 2000. Just want to see how long I can drive it before the doors fall off.
good2.gif

Shouldn't sit those Grands on the fenders and hoods. You know if they happen to tip over, you're gonna have dents in the hoods.
acute.gif

Hope the pics bring the Beast out. I miss that Filthy animal. Wonder where he's at?
sad.gif

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Bro you don't want to see a pic of my shagwagon...it's dented, rusted, beat up, and to boot it's a grannymobile-turned-shagwagon...(I realize this may sound awesome...to a degree yes it is but those granny legs are buckling) :)

Unflavored 90% of the time dude. It's a radical departure from the path I was on. I mixed up 400ml X-style of 4mg maxVG yesterday. Selling most of my NT bit by bit in the classys. And I plan to release a vlog in the next couple days talking about my new perspectives :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Russ, I'd post a picture of my old Nissan Frontier, but the old dog wouldn't fit in with the new boys. I'vd had it since 2000. Just want to see how long I can drive it before the doors fall off.
good2.gif

Shouldn't sit those Grands on the fenders and hoods. You know if they happen to tip over, you're gonna have dents in the hoods.
acute.gif

Hope the pics bring the Beast out. I miss that Filthy animal. Wonder where he's at?
sad.gif
I hear ya on the hood brother. I was hella careful when I placed them on my baby trust me. That is the first car I ever owned that 3 months in I still look forward to driving it every single time I have to go anywhere. Just knowing I have it gives my inner freak much pleasure. And knowing that there are only a small handful of cars on the road at any given time that could literally beat it so bad it would embarrass me - most costing ATLEAST twice as much- is a great feeling - chicken soup for a 48 year old mans soul :).

I always walk up to or drive up on cool cars when I see them parked. Last week my son and I saw a white F458 in the Publix parking lot and pulled up by it to admire it and a guy was approaching it. As he got close I said "is that you" he said yes. I told him how I aspire for one in the future and complimented him on the sheer awesomeness of it. He was a "rare" type of supercar owner. He actually conversed with me for a second and said " I like yours too" then he goes "listen to this baby when I start it up". Like he had to ask me :). It was one of the most amazing sounds the human ears can perceive. He even gently revved it up a few times then eased it out out if the parking stall. We could hear it making its way thru the hills. my son and I were pumped but we both agreed that him telling me he liked my car was like the prom queen telling the DUFF she's beautiful :)

Yes, I wonder about filthy too. His username didn't pop up when I put the @ in front of his user name making me wonder if he is no longer on here?

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Bro you don't want to see a pic of my shagwagon...it's dented, rusted, beat up, and to boot it's a grannymobile-turned-shagwagon...(I realize this may sound awesome...to a degree yes it is but those granny legs are buckling) :)

Unflavored 90% of the time dude. It's a radical departure from the path I was on. I mixed up 400ml X-style of 4mg maxVG yesterday. Selling most of my NT bit by bit in the classys. And I plan to release a vlog in the next couple days talking about my new perspectives :)

I look forward to the vlog brother and f it, we wanna see the shag wagon. :)

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
I hear ya on the hood brother. I was hella careful when I placed them on my baby trust me. That is the first car I ever owned that 3 months in I still look forward to driving it every single time I have to go anywhere. Just knowing I have it gives my inner freak much pleasure. And knowing that there are only a small handful of cars on the road at any given time that could literally beat it so bad it would embarrass me - most costing ATLEAST twice as much- is a great feeling - chicken soup for a 48 year old mans soul :).

I always walk up to or drive up on cool cars when I see them parked. Last week my son and I saw a white F458 in the Publix parking lot and pulled up by it to admire it and a guy was approaching it. As he got close I said "is that you" he said yes. I told him how I aspire for one in the future and complimented him on the sheer awesomeness of it. He was a "rare" type of supercar owner. He actually conversed with me for a second and said " I like yours too" then he goes "listen to this baby when I start it up". Like he had to ask me :). It was one of the most amazing sounds the human ears can perceive. He even gently revved it up a few times then eased it out out if the parking stall. We could hear it making its way thru the hills. my son and I were pumped but we both agreed that him telling me he liked my car was like the prom queen telling the DUFF she's beautiful :)

Yes, I wonder about filthy too. His username didn't pop up when I put the @ in front of his user name making me wonder if he is no longer on here?

You're never gonna be happy until you have one these sitting there. I'd forget about it though. It would probably mean the rest of your life in the dog house. :D

Fernando_Alonso_2010_Jerez_test_14.jpg

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida

Cool experience. I've been a Ferrari fan all of my adult life, although I haven't kept up on the newer models, as much as I did years ago. It was always an ambition to own one; although that's not likely to ever happen.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I still have this '97/8 Rodeo. Daughter named it Snickers.
Only goes on adventures (camping, skiing...) now.
Needs some work. Maybe some paint (there's not much left on it).
I think I can still roll down 2 of the windows, and sometimes you have to use your toe to pull the clutch pedal back UP.
But how do I part with a car this lucky? Yes - that's a tree that came down in the middle of the night. Shook the house like an earthquake. Found bits of the front walk and porch all over the neighborhood.
Not a scratch on "Snickers".
storm1.JPG
storm3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread