Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Hi and welcome! TC and the modes of Ni, Ti, SS, refer to the metal the actual coil, the wire itself is made from, Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel. Ni is what was, and is still, a popular material for use in factory coils. Ti has mainly been used by folks who build their own coils, and SS is gaining in popularity for both builders and factory coils.

For safety reasons, both Ni and Ti are limited in use only to TC. This is because of concerns that should those coils made of those metals get too hot, they might theoretically emit nasty stuff you really don't want to breath in. SS is popular as it is fine in both TC and power/wattage mode, so less hassle remembering which coil is in which tank.

There are 3 settings because each metal changes resistance at different rates when current is applied, and that's what the mod monitors to reach and maintain a given temperature. Using the wrong option with the wrong wire will provide a less than great vaping experience.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Rexxar and welcome
Eskie has given you a good answer to your question so I'll just expand on Steam Heat's comment. I'm guessing that he is using the power mode, I also just use the power mode. I've only tried TC once and that was back when I didn't understand the various TC modes either. With power mode you decide where the wattage setting should be based on what you think is best taste & clouds. The length of time you fire the coil is based on how long you push the button. It is simple, direct, and easy to understand, and I'm not really ready to give up all that control to a mod based program. Maybe some day I'll play with TC again but until that day I'm more than satisfied with the power mode.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi there. I'm just new here and on the vaping industry. I think I'm gonna post my 1st question here. What is the use of TC specially there are modes like Ni, Ti, SS. Is it the coil from the atomizer? Thanks and more power to this community!
Welcome and glad you joined. Here some additional information, hope it helps.
Might like to read:
Temp Controlled Vaping Rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread