The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Greetings

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by ancientvaper, Oct 1, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ancientvaper

ancientvaper Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Chatham Kent U.K.
    I have just joined the forum as I have become a vaper in an effort to stop smoking,it seems to be working as I have cut down from 100gms to less than 30gms of ryo tobacco per week.I will be reading the threads seeking inspiration to stop smoking completely,and see how other people have coped with stopping a lifetime of smoking.From ancientvaper.

• Like Like x 9
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Hi Ancient vaper welcome to ECF, and congrats on reducing your smoking. While there are the fictional unicorns who pick up a vape and never smoke again I was not one of them. I will say, this quit I really kept at it as compared to dual use attempts in the past, so kind of as a start I will say, "Don't stop vaping," even if you smoke a pack the day before, pick yourself up dust yourself off, and return to vaping. You want to make sure the nicotine level is appropriate for you enough that you don't get severe cravings (although you may still get them) and that you also enjoy a number of eliquid flavors and that your gear is easy to use.

Other than that, the methods for quitting are many and varied, so well, I'm sure you'll get tons of suggestions and welcome to ECF!

Anna

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. MJCSD

MJCSD Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 7, 2014
    usa
    Hello and welcome to ecf

• Like Like x 2
  4. ancientvaper

ancientvaper Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Chatham Kent U.K.
    "stols001, post: 21224467 , member: 309471"
    Anna,Thanks for the welcome,my wife quit smoking when she started vaping and hasn't smoked since,so there's inspiration there,so I WILL PERSEVERE.Thanks ancientvaper.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. jandrew

jandrew Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2013
    Winnipeg
    Welcome, and congrats on cutting down. Like Anna says, for some, vaping makes quitting easy ... for the rest of us it makes quitting possible.

Let us know what you are using and some around here may be able to give you advice on getting the most out what you have.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Janusz

Janusz Super Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Illinois, USA
    Welcome to the forum. Key to successful quitting is the right vaping equipment and commitment. I quit at the day I started to vape... after 43 years of smoking...some people need more time... :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. VapePro

VapePro Senior Member

Sep 25, 2018
    For me, vaping for a while and then going back to smoking is night and day. Your mouth tastes like Charred POOP after a tobacco cigarette.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. dennism

dennism Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    I was a dual user for 3 months (2 packs a day for 50 years). Whenever I wanted a cigarette, I would vape first, if I still wanted a cig I'd smoke it. Gradually over the course of 3 months the desire for a cig faded, been vaping now for 5 years with no cigs.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Might like to read about nic salts:
    Freebase vs. Salt Nicotine: What's the difference?
    Juices with Salts Thoughts?

• Like Like x 2
  10. bigbob2322

bigbob2322 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello and welcome.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  11. ancientvaper

ancientvaper Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Chatham Kent U.K.
    • Like Like x 5
  12. Foggy Road

Foggy Road Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  13. djsvapour

djsvapour ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    Welcome @ancientvaper

You can do it if you really want. Ooh, there's a song there somewhere.

Can you remind me what 30g rolling tobacco would be? Is that one small packet + a little more? I used to buy 50g packets, rarely 25g.
    I can't also remember how long a 50g pack last me - maybe about a week? I probably smoked 15 a day, medium fat, with the thinnest Swan filters. I remember one filter was crazy - the 'normal' one if I remember correctly.
    I definitely got the feeling long-time rollie smokers made them even thinner.

Anyway... Vaping is great. I managed to stop in about 4 months, but I did start with rip-off junk products (a cig-a-like one). If I'd had decent gear - I reckon 2 weeks would have done it.

Nic salts are kind of the 'thing' at the moment.

Two comments.

Juice with Nic salts in is expensive. I DIY my liquid or buy the premium stuff (the real premium stuff not the 'fake' premium) at very special deal. OR I use dull but worthy £1 e-liquid from a variety of sources.

Probably the best deal for Nic Salts e-liquid is Safercigs (they were one of the first)
    You can also get on ebay from one of the FEW trusted vendors. "Dr Salt E-Liquid" - the same as Safercigs (Darren).

ZAP! Juice use Salts. (I am 95% sure). They have some lovely fruity flavors. Again. £14 or £15 for 50ml is fair enough. I couldn't see them doing tobacco style flavours.

Sadly - I can't vape Nic Salts or else I'd be mixing and buying both, even with a price premium to buy ready-made. It makes me cough terribly!

Anyway... If it's UK, you can always ask the DJS. I am clued about most things. I detest non-refillable and tobacco company products. I also hate straight rip-offs.
    To me Juul (USA, trying to get into UK) is just a straight rip-off. Non-refillable, expensive pods, cheap hardware sold very expensive.
    There are also LOTS of UK brands that take hardware you or me could buy tomorrow from either England (Cheaper) or China (Cheaper still).
    To give you an example. I have seen products on sale that are priced at £60 for a kit.
    I could get them in 24 hours for £45 from another shop in the UK and probably £25 from China.

Hang in there. Keep going!! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. ancientvaper

ancientvaper Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Chatham Kent U.K.
    Hi.smoked one yesterday non today so far,I find chain vaping stops the urge for tobacco,I couldn't get on with direct lung vaping much prefer mtl and use 16mg or 18mg tobacco e-liquid and use 88vape products although my favourite vape is with a vaporiz fuse with glass atomizer,I seem to have lost the craving and when it kicks in its easier to vape and it quickly subsides,keeping my fingers crossed,thanks for the support.

• Like Like x 7
  15. ancientvaper

ancientvaper Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Chatham Kent U.K.
    Thanks for the support,reading the posts and continuing vaping,not smoked today and losing the urge.
    many thanks.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  16. ancientvaper

ancientvaper Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Chatham Kent U.K.
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Foggy Road

Foggy Road Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    Yeah I did DL for about 18 months. Moved back to MTL recently. At the moment vaping straight Apple flavor, 36mg nic, 50vg/50pg. In an old clearomiser. Does the job. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. United States

United States Super Member

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    Welcome.

One day you just have to say "no more" then battle the nic monster day after day while the little imp on your left shoulder whispers "just one won't hurt".

Some days you'll win the battles. (Others, perhaps not.)
    One day you'll win the war.

(I haven't won the war yet)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. VapePro

VapePro Senior Member

Sep 25, 2018
    No one has won the war. EVERYONE could still go back to smoking... Who knows what will happen when you turn 89 years old. OOoooO... let me kill myself with a cigarette.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. United States

United States Super Member

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    Ya think so VP?

Oh, I believe many have won the war with addiction to nicotine. Though it is perhaps an uneasy peace for some.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1