Not open for further replies.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
After searching many grinders on the market its crazy so many to choose from
Anyways would like to hear some comments on what folks use and works well to grind up marijuana buds and roll up a joint yes im old school from the early 70s and prefer it that way,
Tired of using my old hands and or chopping up with scissors or razor blade and often not getting decent burn when rolled afterwards for personal use.
Edit- thought i would not live to see the day it was legalized here in Illinois.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
2020's off to a good start in IL! Congrats :)

A coarse grind will work well for joints, though any other consistency will work just fine as well. I'd go for coarse myself though. Lots of good options. Honestly any ol' grinder will work but if you want something very nice and durable I can recommend the Santa Cruz Shredder. Made with medical grade materials, comes in various sizes and either 3 piece or 4 piece depending on if you want a kief catcher. I got mine from PuffItUp. Should be able to save 10 or 15% with code Puffedup.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
well, want to get a really nice grinder at an amazing price tag?
Planet of the Vapes 4 Piece Grinder

this is my new main grinder, amazing grind, excellent for vapes and also for joints, i go classics with joints too, i like its not sticking finish, feel on hands and size, is just amazing lad,

grinding is important since depending on your grinder works in dual dutty, 4 pieces grinders feature a kief chamber and also a flower chamber, when you grind al material fells on flower chamber, where a fine mat collects kief that could be stored or saved for later!

Regards,

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Thanks for the replies after looking and looking and reading reviews and watching video's decided to go with the Santa Cruz Shredder 4 piece.Thanks again everyone.
Cool, you'll love it! Quality product, I use it multiple times daily (for hemp flowers mostly, which are notoriously sticky) and it hasn't even thought about jamming. Smooth as butter.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Cool, you'll love it! Quality product, I use it multiple times daily (for hemp flowers mostly, which are notoriously sticky) and it hasn't even thought about jamming. Smooth as butter.

Hey Sloth thats good to hear will try it soon when it arrives.
Went to a dispensary this afternoon as it is now legal here to see whats what have to say so much has evolved since the early 70s they would probably laugh at my ancient take apart 2 1/2 inch metal pipe bought back then i still have it but always did prefer the paper rolling method. Would show a picture but afraid to break any rules as i been a good standing member since 2011.
While in line a young lady struck up a conversation with me and mentioned she was buying wax and asked her what is that she went to her phone and showed me picture and further explained, it's sort of interesting but i guess im too old fashion and set in my ways.
Bought this grinder as i was tired of sticky fingers and figure it will last me till days end . ; )

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Hey Sloth thats good to hear will try it soon when it arrives.
Went to a dispensary this afternoon as it is now legal here to see whats what have to say so much has evolved since the early 70s they would probably laugh at my ancient take apart 2 1/2 inch metal pipe bought back then i still have it but always did prefer the paper rolling method. Would show a picture but afraid to break any rules as i been a good standing member since 2011.
While in line a young lady struck up a conversation with me and mentioned she was buying wax and asked her what is that she went to her phone and showed me picture and further explained, it's sort of interesting but i guess im too old fashion and set in my ways.
Bought this grinder as i was tired of sticky fingers and figure it will last me till days end . ; )
So happy for you! I'm old school too - good ol' bud is what I like. I do vape it nowadays and I will try the concentrates sometime, but the whole experience of looking at and smelling the flowers is something I cherish. I bet you had to wait in line eh? How long did it take? My first time at a dispensary took 2 hours or so. It's calmed down now, but on certain days lines can still be long.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Sloth - Waited 45 to 50 minutes once inside a person takes ID then a short wait and person came with a small device and gave ID back took order then they call your name and you go to another room to pay and pickup that took about 10 minutes total.
They only had on type of bud available so did some more online looking and found several dispensaries that have more types so i figure try a little this and try a little
Being retired its a relief knowing its now legal here.

Reactions: Fog n Vape

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
One of my mate does it using coffee grinder. I don't know how effective it is, but I know, that it takes place to be.

I was using a coffee grinder while waiting for my new grinder to arrive and it works but real easy to over grind and have too much powder. Hand grinder seems to be a much more uniform grind.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I was using a coffee grinder while waiting for my new grinder to arrive and it works but real easy to over grind and have too much powder. Hand grinder seems to be a much more uniform grind.
And compact. The thought of kief being spread all over the walls of a coffee grinder makes me want to scream :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread