GRRRRR USPS is horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Well, I've been awaiting an order from fasttech, and keep track of it's status. Well, I noticed it was getting close this morning by checking the updates. Well, before I went out, I checked the mail, and it was the usual coupons and such, no package, so dropped it off on the counter, and went out (had to get a tire patched). I came back 2 hours later, and noticed it said "delivered". I checked the mail again, and no.. it was empty. Well, I went back up and looked at the mail again to see if maybe it was signed request.. and no.. but every one of the mail pieces were for my neighbor. I opened the neighbor's mailbox, and theirs was empty, so I put in their mail. I checked the neighbors mailbox AFTER me, and it had my mail in their mailbox.

Now, the neighbor to my right (where my mail was put), I doubt I would've gotten my package at all. We've had problems with one of their teenagers stealing from our garage, pawning the stuff off, and then using the money to buy illegal drugs. The dad seems ok, but is generally busy. Chances are, the son would've checked the mail and I would've been out $100 dollars. Not only that, My son's paycheck came in on that shipment as well.

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
That's terrible, if you hadn't caught the problem I'm sure the USPS would have just said "well we delivered it" and you would be out of luck.

I've had a lot of shipping problems lately, packages coming a week after the estimated date and just disappearing for days at a time. It will show as departed the facility in the town it is sent from and then not show up at my post office for a week. It is frustrating when I order form the same few companies every time and the usual 2-3 day delivery is now two weeks for no apparent reason. My last 4-5 orders have all had some kind of unexplained delay, I don't know if they made changes at my post office or what but I hope they get it figured out soon.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Yeah it sucks especially with Identity theft going on.

We have college account for our kids that have been building up. Fortunately it is a put it in and forget about it. We have never set it up for online viewing. Never needed to. One quarter we got my one daughters statement but not my others. Found it strange but never thought anything of it. A week later we got a letter from the broker saying there has been 3 attempts to log into your account but they were unsuccessful. Please call us to unlock the account. Strange.

I swear the postman put the statement in my neighbor's mailbox by mistake. Glad I helped put her in back in jail where she belongs.

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
Eh, I have a Svomestro Semovar out there somewhere that USPS lost.

Seller insued the package and it was a Priority 2 Day shipment last seen at one of their sorting facilities in Califonia on June 1st, due here June 3rd.

Turns out, even when USPS loses a package you have to wait 30 days to actually move forward with a claim.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
My local B&M has never lost a package with me. Usually, I walk in through the big door, ask for my stuff, give them waaay too much money for the same thing I could buy online waaay cheaper, get in my car and go home. Haven't lost a single package between the car and the house yet. :)
I have actually managed to lose something between the store and the car. Dropped a new tank into the storm drain. Felt like a boss.

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
My local B&M has never lost a package with me. Usually, I walk in through the big door, ask for my stuff, give them waaay too much money for the same thing I could buy online waaay cheaper, get in my car and go home. Haven't lost a single package between the car and the house yet. :)

At B&M prices the USPS can lose my package twice and get the third order to me and I'll still come out ahead.

Reactions: WonderDude32

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Agreed. USPS sucks. I made the mistake of "upgrading" to overnight delivery when I ran out of nic juice a couple of weeks ago. It took 9 days. I called the post office and asked for my money back. You can imagine how that went. I have a claim number and call every day, but I usually give up after being put on hold a left to ferment for an hour.

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
This is a little off topic but needs shared. My local guy is great. He's helped both me and my wife on several occasions and for me it's worth every extra penny. He's loaned me mods, tanks, loaned my wife a mod, cut me deals. He's thrown me freebie juice. I would consider myself an ok customer, not a big spender and yet he treats me like I'm something special. He and his wife are just great people. It's a nice relationship worth fostering and I could only hope that other people can have the same with a local shop near you and them.

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
Agreed. USPS sucks. I made the mistake of "upgrading" to overnight delivery when I ran out of nic juice a couple of weeks ago. It took 9 days. I called the post office and asked for my money back. You can imagine how that went. I have a claim number and call every day, but I usually give up after being put on hold a left to ferment for an hour.

I filed an inquiry with them a week ago and they never called me back, then they sent me a survey to rate my experience. I gave them all zeroes on the survey but I can't imagine they actually use the survey data for anything. I also can't imagine the USPS has ever received a good survey score.

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
This is a little off topic but needs shared. My local guy is great. He's helped both me and my wife on several occasions and for me it's worth every extra penny. He's loaned me mods, tanks, loaned my wife a mod, cut me deals. He's thrown me freebie juice. I would consider myself an ok customer, not a big spender and yet he treats me like I'm something special. He and his wife are just great people. It's a nice relationship worth fostering and I could only hope that other people can have the same with a local shop near you and them.

It's always good to hear about the quality shops and good experiences. I haven't had very good experiences with the shops in my area, I'd pay a bit extra if I found one that carried what I needed and treated me like they cared or even noticed I was there. I was in the bay area a few weeks ago and went into a shop that really impressed me, knowledgable workers and great environment. It made me realize that B&M's don't have to be a bad experience.

Reactions: Caro123

lovemytank

Jun 9, 2015
Right Here
USPS is lucky that they are gov regulated yet has to act as a freemarket corporation ;). I have had many packages delayed or lost but they have always handled it professionally and quickly with either finding my stuff or helping me get the insurance paid. I personally would not get too mad at them, they are huge and it sucks working there. As stated, go to your local branch and speak with a senior person. If that doesnt work ask for the top dog, they will treat you right, as long as you are direct and nice.

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
we get ours in those little boxes at the end of the block...there's been a few mishaps but as our carrier says.."y'all get a LOT of mail" and we do..sometimes filling all three of the "bigger package extra key boxes" but I've called the local post office a couple times and he's been on our doorstep with the misplaced package the next day..I can't fault that for the level of packages/mail they have to deliver..they've overall been pretty great.

I thought SlowTech was China snail mail (a junk on the Yangsee river then six weeks later it magically appears on your door delivered by a dragon or something) :p

Reactions: motordude

Tmg666

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2014
Green bay, Wisconsin
I like going to b&ms alot because i usually get free stuff from 2 local 1s aswell.
Other people will have a juice they dont like and usually can swap it out with others, or get cheap rdas/tanks they dont like using becuase something new came out. Il order online now and then but i generally don't buy new equipment to often as im satisfied on a 2 yr old kayfun and a patriot on my sig100w. Or bring out the valkyrie when im at work.

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area

I have... Put my brand new Cartel mod and Derringer RDA on my cars roof yesterday while fishing my keys and phone out of my pocket to unlock it. Drove off with it still on top. Luckily and actual HONEST person saw it and took the two boxes back into the shop and told them what I had done. Got a call about 10 mins later asking me how my new mod was working for me... DOH! Drove back and they were all laughing at me. The hot girl behind the counter had put it them in a large box and took it out to my car for me and put it in the trunk so I wouldn't lose them again.

Ok, I didn't actually completely lose them, but I sure gave it the old college try!

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Well, I've been awaiting an order from Fasttech, and keep track of it's status. Well, I noticed it was getting close this morning by checking the updates. Well, before I went out, I checked the mail, and it was the usual coupons and such, no package, so dropped it off on the counter, and went out (had to get a tire patched). I came back 2 hours later, and noticed it said "delivered". I checked the mail again, and no.. it was empty. Well, I went back up and looked at the mail again to see if maybe it was signed request.. and no.. but every one of the mail pieces were for my neighbor. I opened the neighbor's mailbox, and theirs was empty, so I put in their mail. I checked the neighbors mailbox AFTER me, and it had my mail in their mailbox.

Now, the neighbor to my right (where my mail was put), I doubt I would've gotten my package at all. We've had problems with one of their teenagers stealing from our garage, pawning the stuff off, and then using the money to buy illegal drugs. The dad seems ok, but is generally busy. Chances are, the son would've checked the mail and I would've been out $100 dollars. Not only that, My son's paycheck came in on that shipment as well.

This is why we have a PO box. I tried a mailbox when I first moved to where I am now and some of the degenerate youths in my neighborhood seemed to think it funny to vandalize it. I had enough when some outgoing mail was stolen and I didn't realize it until I got a few past due notices from some billers. I should have known better than to put outgoing bills in there. I was wise enough though to make a request that all packages be delivered to my door or I picked them up at the PO.

Wow! It's really a shock to hear all the horror stories with folks vapemail. I've never had a single problem and received all my packages on time, or close to it.

I have noticed a few glitches with the USPS notification system. It will say it's in one place and has seemingly been there for days, however, I'd go check my mail and VIOLA! there it is. I just mailed off a PIF earlier this morning and I usually send them first class and ask for tracking. Come to find out tracking is now included with first class, which is very cool IMO. I asked the clerk about the tracking verification deal and she explained that the server that handles all the information has undergone some recent updates and apparently those updates didn't go so well and the server is having a hard time keeping up with the scans from each place a package comes and goes to or from.

The USPS can be a pain sometimes I know, however, it's pretty amazing to me that you can send a letter all the way across the country for 49 cents. I read an article not too long ago about how the USPS is constantly in the red every year. The article went on to explain that due to government regulations the USPS couldn't charge what it would actually take to ship some packages to a certain destination. So they were taking a hit on a large amount of packages every year. I don't remember where I read this article, but it was from a good source.

I hope the OP gets all their USPS woes straightened out very soon.

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
Well, I've been awaiting an order from Fasttech, and keep track of it's status. Well, I noticed it was getting close this morning by checking the updates. Well, before I went out, I checked the mail, and it was the usual coupons and such, no package, so dropped it off on the counter, and went out (had to get a tire patched). I came back 2 hours later, and noticed it said "delivered". I checked the mail again, and no.. it was empty. Well, I went back up and looked at the mail again to see if maybe it was signed request.. and no.. but every one of the mail pieces were for my neighbor. I opened the neighbor's mailbox, and theirs was empty, so I put in their mail. I checked the neighbors mailbox AFTER me, and it had my mail in their mailbox.

I'm glad that we in sweden get our vapemails to a post office nearby and we've to collect it ourself. Way safer and you get a notification when it's in so i don't have to scout online for delivered status. :)

One thing makes me wonder though, paycheck in the mail? Don't you get the choise to get the money sent directly to the bank account?
Or i'm i spoiled in that way, that we get our paychecks straight to our bank accounts?

I'm abit amazed of how diffrent countries can be. :)

Also sorry for the USPS service :-/ I keep reading about issues with them alot around here at the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread