Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Is there a chart or information on grub screws used in rdas,rtas, ect,I got some a long time ago but did not save the packet they arrived in so don't actually know the sizes, they was for my reload rta and I do remember it took me ages trying to find the size and the shape
I just ordered these. Figure the most common were included in the kit.
$8.27 Replacement Phillips + Hexagonal Screw for DIY E-Cigarettes (200 Pieces) 200-pack - stainless steel at FastTech - Free Shipping

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Right under the "Add to Cart" button, there's an option to change display currency - at least when you're signed in. Fasttech charges in US dollars so there's often a small difference in how it's converted by whoever handles your payment. Some places also charge a conversion fee, but that's up to your bank or CC, not Fasttech.

They've always offered me 5 - 15 shipping options. The free version can take months. E-Packet tends to be much faster, and it's usually just a nominal fee - $1.00 to $2.50 to Canada.

One other tip is to keep an eye on the availability of whatever you're ordering. I've found that "In stock" and "Ships within 24 hours" are fine, but anything longer is no more than a wild guess.

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
@Letitia I'm going to order the same box you ordered because some of my rdas have Phillips flat head screws, I've never needed them but they will be there in case, it's the hexagonal grubs that completely send me mad, always rounding off, I've got a tank with stainless steel grubs in and never had any problems, thanks everyone for the help, time to sign up with fasttech me thinks

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@Letitia I'm going to order the same box you ordered because some of my rdas have Phillips flat head screws, I've never needed them but they will be there in case, it's the hexagonal grubs that completely send me mad, always rounding off, I've got a tank with stainless steel grubs in and never had any problems, thanks everyone for the help, time to sign up with fasttech me thinks
Hope you find them useful.

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
The reload actually uses m2.5 x 4 because I got a few m2.5 x 3 and they are too small, but thanks everyone, m2.5 x3 and x4 are the most common sizes for atties and thanks to this thread I have ordered 50 of each.
And after doing some research m3 x3 and x4 are pretty common as well .

Last edited:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
The reload actually uses m2.5 x 4 because I got a few m2.5 x 3 and they are too small, but thanks everyone, m2.5 x3 and x4 are the most common sizes for atties and thanks to this thread I have ordered 50 of each.
And after doing some research m3 x3 and x4 are pretty common as well .
Odd, all 3 of my reload rtas use M2.5x3 from the factory (measured from two clones and an authentic) and I've not had any issues.

Either way, glad you got it sorted out.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Is there a chart or information on grub screws used in rdas,rtas, ect,I got some a long time ago but did not save the packet they arrived in so don't actually know the sizes, they was for my reload rta and I do remember it took me ages trying to find the size and the shape
You probably already know this, and I really don't mean to be pedantic. But I hear a lot of people on the forum calling all the screws used on RTA/RDA's, etc. as grub screws. The grub screws are set screws- the ones that don't have a head on them, like the ones used in Kayfuns to set the airflow. I'm guessing they're called grub screws because of their similarity to a headless grub.

Sorry, not meaning to insult anyone - just throwing it out there in case it helps anyone else that may be looking for screws, in case it helps them search.

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
Screenshot_20200219-183047_Google.jpg
I was going to mention that mines a clone and I was thinking that's why it takes the 4mm, I tried a a 3mm and it nearly popped through, I measured them and they are definitely 4mm that mine uses, as long as it's solved it's all good,while I was looking for answers I did come across this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread