Grub screws ect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Yep, some that come with the atties are. But I think SXK uses some pretty good ones, or at least used to. Sometimes screws can fit, and may even last- but if the head isn't flat on the bottom, they'll want to spit the coil when tightening. That used to frustrate the bejesus out of me before I switched to tanks that have the guide around the screws.

This thread made me think of old posts looking to buy extras for doggies- I think I was looking to convert from flat to phillips. Another member was looking at screws on ebay. So when shopping, if you can look at the pics, look for screws that have a flatter bottom. Here's a snip from an old post replying to someone looking for screws on ebay.
upload_2020-2-19_14-13-45.png

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I'd seriously like to convert all my atties to Philips screws but the closeness of the posts to the chimney on some prevents that,I'm not that keen on hex screws but I've got to live with it
Well, thanks for that, Marper! You just made me realize it'll be harder to find replacement screws for my current tanks. :eek: The screws that come with them are sized precisely to prevent the wire from going between them and the guards, so I'll have to account for that when the time comes.

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
Well, thanks for that, Marper! You just made me realize it'll be harder to find replacement screws for my current tanks. :eek: The screws that come with them are sized precisely to prevent the wire from going between them and the guards, so I'll have to account for that when the time comes.
Yeah, it's not a good situation, with my reload I'd have to get 5mm Phillips screws and would have no chance of fitting the chimney so I've had to go with the 4mm hex that once tight fit flush in the posts, I'm sure you will figure something out hopefully

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Yeah, it's not a good situation, with my reload I'd have to get 5mm Phillips screws and would have no chance of fitting the chimney so I've had to go with the 4mm hex that once tight fit flush in the posts, I'm sure you will figure something out hopefully
"Hopefully" I'll never have to figure it out!

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
If you want better quality hex screws by Philippine manufactured screws. Much better tolerances.
Available here:
McMaster-Carr
Also throw out the provided CN made hex drivers. Junk and undersized.
Whia, MIP/Thorp, Hudy are quality drivers.
Nice- saving the McMaster link for stuff beyond vaping. Not much is more useless and frustrating than low quality fasteners.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Well I placed an order to fasttech on the 16th, I'm still waiting, I used the postal upgrade, this is not really good, maybe corvid-19 is something to do with the delay, tracking just keeps upping the day's
They just sent me a notice they are shipping me part of my order. I'm guessing some of their suppliers are still behind or not running yet. My other China order has a label created but hasn't moved for 2 days. I think they are doing what they can to catch up.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Yes, thanks, must be so hard at the moment, to be honest I'm getting a little scared about this virus
I figure we have our own viruses to worry about and that's enough. Our schools are finally all back open after a flue/strep mini epidemic.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Yes, thanks, must be so hard at the moment, to be honest I'm getting a little scared about this virus
True that. Some of us are worried about getting our atties, orings, coils, mods, etc.....and many over there are probably worried about having any income after CNY and being shut down because of the virus. And food. And meds. And the virus itself. And what a crushing blow this can be to their economy and lives. And it's not over. Wouldn't want to be there.
upload_2020-2-26_18-22-11.png

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Nice- saving the McMaster link for stuff beyond vaping. Not much is more useless and frustrating than low quality fasteners.

I've only ordered from McMaster Carr once. I ordered a 100 pack each of Kayfun fill screws and various KF O-rings. If I don't misplace them I'm probably good for life. :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I figure we have our own viruses to worry about and that's enough. Our schools are finally all back open after a flue/strep mini epidemic.

My RN niece just stopped by to pick up her kids after work. I hit her up for info on the Corona virus. She says that it's similar to strains of the Flu, but it's something that most of us in the US don't have anti-bodies for, so it can hit hard if your immune system is compromised.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
My RN niece just stopped by to pick up her kids after work. I hit her up for info on the Corona virus. She says that it's similar to strains of the Flu, but it's something that most of us in the US don't have anti-bodies for, so it can hit hard if your immune system is compromised.
Yes, I haven't heard much about it being more severe & deadly than other viruses, and mostly a worry if you're old or otherwise compromised. Or in a country that has terrible healthcare. But the speed and ease of spread & reinfection is something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread