Guess what I got in the mail today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirebornMuse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
a VAMO V3 and my paycheck... Dangerous combination!! I need to get new batteries and a charger... and a new protank II... photo(1) - Copy.jpg

FirebornMuse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
YEP! I just got back from my local B&M... Picked up Nitecore intellicharger 2 Efest 18650s and 1 Efest 18350 and a ProTank II. I read somewhere on these forums that it'll protect the weaker threads if you use the adapter that comes with the Protank so I screwed that on there and I just loaded it up with caramel/chocolate/marshmallow.... YUM!

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
I read somewhere on these forums that it'll protect the weaker threads if you use the adapter that comes with the Protank so I screwed that on there and I just loaded it up with caramel/chocolate/marshmallow.... YUM!

Congrats on the new gear. :) The beauty ring that comes with the PT2 is more decorative than functional, if that's what you are referring to. You might want to consider an air flow controller which will protect the Vamo threads, or a 510/510 adapter, but the air flow controller is better. Screws into the Vamo's 510 port and forms a nice flat base for the PT2 with a split reverse-thread ring design so that once you screw the PT into the air flow controller, you can wind up the top ring of the controller to meet the base of the PT. With the air flow controller in place you can screw 510 devices on and off the Vamo without putting wear and tear on the Vamo threads, as you are screwing them in/out of the controller instead.

Tank Air Flow Controller

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
YEP! I just got back from my local B&M... Picked up Nitecore intellicharger 2 Efest 18650s and 1 Efest 18350 and a ProTank II. I read somewhere on these forums that it'll protect the weaker threads if you use the adapter that comes with the Protank so I screwed that on there and I just loaded it up with caramel/chocolate/marshmallow.... YUM!

Would be interested to know what ratios and which flavors you used :).

OP: I love my Protank II's, but I'm slowing moving away from them. Not because they're bad, but I find myself wanting more and a paycheck tends to strengthen that want :).

FirebornMuse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Would be interested to know what ratios and which flavors you used :).

OP: I love my Protank II's, but I'm slowing moving away from them. Not because they're bad, but I find myself wanting more and a paycheck tends to strengthen that want :).

I used equal parts of each flavor.... they're from FreedomSmokeUSA... Thanks for the tip on buying the airflow controller... buying it NOWWWWW

FirebornMuse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Good luck on saving any of your paycheck.

I have that trouble

I knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Especially since I've been on workmans comp recovering from ACL surgery I have all this time on my hands too! Luckily, I only have room for one more mod right now (which I'm saving for an iTaste 134) because I'm moving to Hawaii in 2014 and alllllllllll I'm bringing with me is 2 large duffel bags and my carry ons (laptop and my vape stuff)

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Congrats on the new gear. :) The beauty ring that comes with the PT2 is more decorative than functional, if that's what you are referring to. You might want to consider an air flow controller which will protect the Vamo threads, or a 510/510 adapter, but the air flow controller is better. Screws into the Vamo's 510 port and forms a nice flat base for the PT2 with a split reverse-thread ring design so that once you screw the PT into the air flow controller, you can wind up the top ring of the controller to meet the base of the PT. With the air flow controller in place you can screw 510 devices on and off the Vamo without putting wear and tear on the Vamo threads, as you are screwing them in/out of the controller instead.

Tank Air Flow Controller

Thanks for that tip! Never seen those before, and was looking for something just like that!

Got this interesting note from vermillion:

Rewards Notification

This is an automated notification from Vermillion River LLC to let you know that 4.99999999999998E-02 points have been rewarded to you for your order

Damn, I was really hoping to get that extra .00000000000002E-02 points, to make it an even .05! Then it would only have been 20 more purchases just like that to get to a whole point!"

(Sorry for the snark, I actually have high hopes that the airflow adapter will fix some hard-draw problems I'm having with some combos. Just thought the e-mail was a bit feeble for a "thank you" and too bizarre not to share!)

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
Thanks for that tip! Never seen those before, and was looking for something just like that!

Got this interesting note from vermillion:

Rewards Notification

This is an automated notification from Vermillion River LLC to let you know that 4.99999999999998E-02 points have been rewarded to you for your order

Damn, I was really hoping to get that extra .00000000000002E-02 points, to make it an even .05! Then it would only have been 20 more purchases just like that to get to a whole point!"

ROTF!!!! :laugh: There might be cheaper places to get it. I got mine there b/c at the time everyone else was out of stock, and I'd purchased e-liquid from this company before so I was familiar with them. Feel free to use the vendor of your choice. I really provided the link for the picture. :)

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
ROTF!!!! :laugh: There might be cheaper places to get it. I got mine there b/c at the time everyone else was out of stock, and I'd purchased e-liquid from this company before so I was familiar with them. Feel free to use the vendor of your choice. I really provided the link for the picture. :)

Well, I earned the 4.99999999999998E-02 points by ordering 4 of these, so I'm not complaining! As another bizarre twist, the e-mail was addressed as from me (as well as to me). Seems like their automated website could use a touch-up; just hope they don't put their own address as the "to" address on the package!

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
I actually have high hopes that the airflow adapter will fix some hard-draw problems I'm having with some combos.

Sorry, I just caught this. The air flow controller can only tighten a draw [for some devices], but it can't make a device with a tight draw looser. To do that you need to modify the device itself with the tight draw by drilling an air hole into the base or some such remedy.

As for tightening a draw, it depends on how the device is built. Some PVs have air channels cut into the top, and many tanks have air channels cut into the base. The air flow controller does not have air channels on the top ring, so depending on if you snug it up tight to the base of the device (eg a Protank), or leave a small gap, you can tighten the draw or leave it unaffected. I personally prefer my Protank 2 with the air controller as it tightens it up just a bit.

Other devices that have an eGo cone thread have air holes in the base and this air controller only works with 510, not eGo devices. There is another air flow controller for eGo devices that has a ring you can screw up over the conical base to partially block those air holes and tighten the draw.

So I got this air flow controller to tighten up the draw of the PT2, but also to protect not just the threads of the Vamo but also if a tank leaks it leaks on to the air flow controller pin, not on to the Vamo pin. (Not that it matters since the Vamo pin is sealed with a grommet, but...) Just one more layer of protection.

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
Well, I earned the 4.99999999999998E-02 points by ordering 4 of these, so I'm not complaining! As another bizarre twist, the e-mail was addressed as from me (as well as to me). Seems like their automated website could use a touch-up; just hope they don't put their own address as the "to" address on the package!

:) This is actually a very well respected site and they ship fast and have great customer service, so I don't know what the deal is, but I hope after reading my previous post you are still happy you got 4. :D

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas

Tank Air Flow Controller

Thanks for the tip on the air flow controller. Just ordered a couple.

best regards, larry mac

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
I have the iTaste 134... it is a beast.... goes through batteries though I have 3 that I rotate. My MVP has spoiled me

I haven't noticed it going through batteries any faster than any other of my devices. If anything, I think my Provari uses 'em up fastest. It also has larger LED's (which your always toggling through to do anything), and actually fires when checking the battery and resistance. Most unusual!

best regards, larry mac

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
I haven't noticed it going through batteries any faster than any other of my devices. If anything, I think my Provari uses 'em up fastest. It also has larger LED's (which your always toggling through to do anything), and actually fires when checking the battery and resistance. Most unusual!

Are you talking about the Provari there, (firing when checking ohms and batt)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread