The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

[GUIDE] Vaping With IkenVape Atomizers

Discussion in 'IkenVape' started by loft, Dec 23, 2011.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JDSupreme

JDSupreme Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 20, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks!!

Provari+I06 atty+I06 delrin drip tip+510 to 510 adapter+Empire Hex#1 Drip Shield = Vaping Zen

2. chrismp

chrismp Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2010
    Australia
    Great thread :) nice work loft

3. Wharf Rat

Wharf Rat Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 31, 2010
    Fresno, Ca
    Who makes the blackberry ?

4. loft

loft Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    CT
    Switcher does, lol

5. pizza2me

pizza2me Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2010
    Maryland
    Great job loft!!! I may have to try atties again!! :)

I still haven't figured out what DCAs and drip shields are. But, it appears that they make it easier... ?? For us atty-challenged folks... :)

6. loft

loft Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    CT
    DCA = Drip Cup Adapter (accessory) turns a 306 or io6 (to be released) into a sealed atomizer. Reduces the chance of leaking (still leaks if you lean it on it's side or upside down) but upright = no leaks (unless SEVERELY FLOODED)

Drip Shield is a tube that goes over an atomizer to prevent leaking. It was originally designed around the 901 atomizer but it has been adapted to use with 510, and 306 atomizers. Some use them with the io6 as well - but more modifications are needed to your drip tip to allow consistent airflow.

7. vaptamist

vaptamist Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2011
    FL
    IO6 tips from Loft while vaping with a IO6 tip from Loft - doesn't get any better than this!

Thanks man - the tips and tip are both working perfectly. Finally found a really nice dripping combo for my p+10. Dripping IKV RY4 in a IKV IO6 made my day. :vapor:

i06.jpg

8. Debadoo

Debadoo ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    Hi. Someone pointed this thread out to me today, and I have a couple questions. And please talk in little letters to me. Treat me like I'm an idiot who knows nothing about this. Cuz I am. lol I barely know what an atty looks like. In fact, I have seen the outside, have no idea what is on the inside. I've heard folks talk about flooding them, dripping on the coil, I've got these weird things that I ordered by mistake thinking they were mini cartos (duhhh) that I think might be cartridges that go with an atty? I basically want a decent atty to test juices on a riva. Like a dummy I didn't get the kit that came with attys cuz I saw one that came with DC 4 ml cartos and thought it was a better deal.

I just want something that will give me a decent idea of what a juice is supposed to taste like when I get a new one, and that I can vape on at home if I want to do more dripping.
    Now, what does blow out the primer mean. I understand put your mouth over a hole and blow. Battery end? Dripping end? Will it all just come right out or do I need to look for something specific to tell me it's all gone?

What exactly is on the inside of the atty, and what am I aiming for when I drip juice, and how can I tell if it's flooded, and what should I do to avoid that?

Bridge vs no bridge? Do I want a bridge? Why or why not?

I've not found many videos on dripping. Do you know of any (wanna make one) that covers dripping for dummies? Sorry to be such a Pita. Part of it is that I'm a visual learner, part of it is due to a mild brain injury I understand much better when someone holds up an item and says, this is a drip shield, this is where it goes, this is how you use it. lol I'm guessing that there aren't really any detailed videos due to the fact that you basically just drip and vape. But I've heard many, including you, say there is a definite learning curve. So....can you learn me? Or direct me to someone who can learn me? lol

9. 5cardstud

5cardstud ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2010
    Wash
    Debadoo I'm sorry I missed this post to help you with your questions. If you still have any questions please know I'll try to respond or someone else will. If I don't just PM me.