Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I think we call that "ring and run" here. We had that happen too. DH went to the door, no one there, he went outside to smoke, walked to the end of the porch (open porch), the kid (maybe 14, but nearly 6 ft. tall) was right at the edge of the corner of our house. DH started screaming at him, that that was a good way to get beat.
I'm flipping out because you can't beat someone elses kids anymore, and he wouldn't, but your first reaction is to grab, or swing. The kid FLEW out of our yard, haven't seen them since. DH did stuff like that when he was young too, but like he said, you didn't hang around, you left because you'd get chased. :laugh:
Thing is, now...you don't know if it's kids playing, whoever it was could have just as easily had a gun to rob you.
Most homeowners around here are armed as well.

...sorry, don't want to derail your thread off topic. I'm used to posting in the Lounge. ;)
Nothing wrong with going off the rails a little. it would be boring otherwise.

I like when neighbors are armed. Everyone is keeping an eye out for one another.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Appropriations for Fiscal Year 2017 - Congress.gov Resources -

This page shows the progress of the various 2017 appropriations bills in the House and Senate. The agriculture bill has passed the House agriculture subcommittee, the full appropriations committee, and is ready to go to the House floor. The bill has yet to be brought up in the Senate.

THANK you, that's what I was looking for but sometimes google search doesn't play well with government pages. Bookmarking.

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nothing wrong with going off the rails a little. it would be boring otherwise.

I like when neighbors are armed. Everyone is keeping an eye out for one another.
I agree, but I think I'll go back and clean up a little. ;)
Yes, it would be nice if we could all keep an eye out for each other!!

Reactions: StormFinch

jjk1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Maine, USA
Appropriations for Fiscal Year 2017 - Congress.gov Resources -

This page shows the progress of the various 2017 appropriations bills in the House and Senate. The agriculture bill has passed the House agriculture subcommittee, the full appropriations committee, and is ready to go to the House floor. The bill has yet to be brought up in the Senate.

Thanks for the link - Look at past years. They don't update the site or they spend money without permission. None of the appropriations bills ever seem to go anywhere and yet.... what a mess.
system is broken badly.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
I have this link bookmarked. It is a CASSA link that automatically looks up all your politicians.
Petition Your Legislator NOW to Support HR 2058! (Updated)
I delete CASSA's blurb and plug in my own.
I am sending my message every single day as part of my morning ritual, I just change the title every day.

mikepetro said:
It only takes a few minutes! Write some variation of this to every elected official that represents you!

I am a 57 year old middle class VOTER.

I was addicted to tobacco most of my life. I firmly believe that switching to ecigs has extended my life by years. Not only does scientific research show that it is 95% less harmful, but my own body (& my physician) tells me that it is less harmful.

Now the FDA is making it easier to buy tobacco than to obtain a satisfying ecig.

I urge you to support the
H.R.2058 - FDA Deeming Authority Clarification Act of 2015

Products that existed before 2/14/2007 simply did not work, where current generation products DO work. As a result I have been tobacco free for 3.5 years. Please allow me the legal means to stay off of tobacco!

Sincerely,
Mike Petro

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Revised for todays distribution:

I am a 57 year old middle class VOTER.

I was addicted to tobacco most of my life. I firmly believe that switching to ecigs has extended my life by years. Not only does scientific research show that it is 95% less harmful, but my own body (& my physician) tells me that it is less harmful.

Please see the scientific proof here:
https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/file/3563/download?token=uV0R0Twz

Now, through regulation, the FDA is making it much easier to buy tobacco than to obtain a satisfying ecig that works.

I urge you to support the
H.R.2058 - FDA Deeming Authority Clarification Act of 2015

Products that existed before the February 2007 "predicate date" simply did not work, where current generation products DO work. As a result I have been tobacco free for 3.5 years. Please allow me the legal means to stay off of tobacco!

I vote, and I will support politicians who support my right to "harm reduction".

Sincerely,
Mike Petro

Steven Pye

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Herkimer NY
Reactions: LoriP1702

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
The Senate and House have matching bills currently in play that will remove traditional large and premium cigars from the deeming regulations if they pass. If you have a senate or house member on the co-sponsor lists, let them know you know, and that vapers want equal representation.

Cosponsors - H.R.662 - 114th Congress (2015-2016): Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act of 2015

Cosponsors - S.441 - 114th Congress (2015-2016): Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act of 2015

I have sent an email to my Florida rep asking if he is going to support the small vaping businesses like he is supporting the small business cigar industry.

I will let you know what he says. I also told him I have many family and friends that support me in my effort to stay off cigarettes. They also vote.
I also told him that there is a bill that I would love for him to get on board with and co-sign. HR2058.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'm in kind of an odd situation. My residence location has been redistricted. As a result, I have a GOP primary coming up next month to vote for one of two established GOP candidates...the one I currently have and the other one in a district that is next to mine. My current representative, George Holding (R-NC), is a co sponsor on H.R. 2058. The representative going up against him, Renee Ellmers (R-NC) also co-sponsored H.R. 2058. So both GOP candidates are co-sponsors of H.R. 2058. I already wrote my current rep (George Holding) and thanked him for his support. I cannot contact Ms. Ellmers through her website because you need to be in her district. I will find a way around it and make sure she knows I support her decision to co-sponsor H. R. 2058, So who do I vote for when they are both co-sponsoring H.R. 2058? Not sure, but it's a nice problem to have. :)

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
I emailed my congressman, here's what he said:

Dear Mr. --,

Thank you for sharing your views on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). I am concerned, as you are, that too much federal regulation in our health care system is detrimental to health care providers and their patients. I believe the Constitution grants the U.S. House of Representatives a unique role in overseeing the executive branch, particularly agencies like the FDA who possess significant regulatory authority.

Americans deserve access to affordable treatments, and while the FDA plays an important role in the oversight of new and developing drug therapies, the agency should put a high premium on efficiency for the patients in need of new treatments. As your representative in Congress, it is my job to hold the executive branch accountable and to promote an effective, efficient government that works for you. I will continue to work to hold agencies like the FDA accountable.

Your concerns are important to me as I conduct my work in Congress. If you have additional questions, or if I can ever help you or your family, do not hesitate to contact me or my staff at 202-225-2976 or 630-584-2734.

I also encourage you to sign up for my e-newsletter, the Hultgren Huddle. To receive regular updates on the work I am doing on your behalf in Congress, please click here.

It is an honor to represent you.

In Your Service
--------------------------
Is that a pretty canned response?

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL

Dear Mr. --,

Thank you for sharing your views on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). I am concerned, as you are, that too much federal regulation in our health care system is detrimental to health care providers and their patients. I believe the Constitution grants the U.S. House of Representatives a unique role in overseeing the executive branch, particularly agencies like the FDA who possess significant regulatory authority.

Americans deserve access to affordable treatments, and while the FDA plays an important role in the oversight of new and developing drug therapies, the agency should put a high premium on efficiency for the patients in need of new treatments. As your representative in Congress, it is my job to hold the executive branch accountable and to promote an effective, efficient government that works for you. I will continue to work to hold agencies like the FDA accountable.

Your concerns are important to me as I conduct my work in Congress. If you have additional questions, or if I can ever help you or your family, do not hesitate to contact me or my staff at 202-225-2976 or 630-584-2734.

I also encourage you to sign up for my e-newsletter, the Hultgren Huddle. To receive regular updates on the work I am doing on your behalf in Congress, please click here.

In Your Service

Yes, but one with promise :)

Reactions: Bronze

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

Dear Mr. --,

In Your Service
Definitely a canned response. Don't let it stop you from writing again. They might not be able to speak but they can hear.

Reactions: baseballmom

medleypat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2016
Frankfort Indiana
Just emailing your reps once is not enough. Keep at it. If you get a canned response, do it again and again and again.

Keep bugging them. By doing this, you are letting them know you are NOT going away and we are NOT going to let them steamroll us quietly. We are Pushing Back.
Also add if they vote against good vape legislation you will vote against them. Congressmen get nervous when their jobs get threatened.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I've been busy trying to find the number of the bill on that appropriation thingy.

Tracked this down: H. Rept. 114-531 - AGRICULTURE, RURAL DEVELOPMENT, FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION, AND RELATED AGENCIES APPROPRIATIONS BILL, 2017
So I took that number and plugged it into google and got this: Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2017 (H.R. 5054)

Doesn't look like it has gone to the House yet after passing out of committee. Maybe someone that understands this can help out.

Not sure, but are you looking for this?

http://www.obpa.usda.gov/budsum/fy17budsum.pdf

Oh and does anyone know how to Get a Committee of its Collective :censored: and look at a pending piece of legislation over a year in the waiting line?:grr:

Last edited:

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Senator Tim Kaine is another "blowoff" kind of guy.

I wrote him several weeks ago about the ammendment they were trying to pass that would prohibit Mods and ecigs on both carry-on and checked baggage. In other words you wouldnt be able to take it on the plane PERIOD.

Here is his blowoff response, judging by the non-stance of it, I can only assume my plea regarding the FDA will get a similar non-response:

Dear Mr. Petro:

Thank you for contacting me about S.Amdt.3547. I appreciate hearing from you.

With 66 public airports and 45 million annual travelers flying through Dulles and Reagan National alone, Virginia relies on a strong aviation system to move people and goods, provide jobs, and support economic activity. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is tasked with managing both an air traffic control system comprising more than 60 million aircraft and the safety of some one billion passengers who travel throughout the nation each year. While the U.S. has one of the world's safest air traffic control systems, there is a general consensus that we need to make investments to upgrade this system's aging technology.

On April 19, 2016, the Senate passed a bipartisan bill to reauthorize the FAA's activities and financing through Fiscal Year 2017. The bill authorizes overdue investments in airport infrastructure and NextGen modernization and makes critical improvements to aviation safety, including strengthened security in areas like check-in and baggage claim. It also takes steps to provide for the responsible use of unmanned aircraft systems in concert with robust safeguards for safety and privacy. I was particularly pleased to work with my colleague Senator Mark Warner to keep all amendments out of the bill that would have authorized more perimeter rule-exempt slots at Reagan National. Such amendments would have increased overcrowding at Reagan National, exacerbated noise issues in nearby communities, and damaged the economic competitiveness of Dulles Airport. S.Amdt.3547 was not adopted as part of the final bill passed by the Senate.

This bill now moves to the House of Representatives. As the process moves forward, I will be sure to keep your thoughts on this measure in mind should it come up again in future versions of the FAA bill.

Again, thank you for contacting me.

Tim Kaine

Reactions: DaveP

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

I wrote him several weeks ago about the ammendment they were trying to pass that would prohibit Mods and ecigs on both carry-on and checked baggage. In other words you wouldnt be able to take it on the plane PERIOD.

Here is his blowoff response, judging by the non-stance of it, I can only assume my plea regarding the FDA will get a similar non-response:

Dear Mr. Petro:

With 66 public airports and 45 million annual travelers flying through Dulles and Reagan National alone, Virginia relies on a strong aviation system to move people and goods, provide jobs, and support economic activity. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is tasked with managing both an air traffic control system comprising more than 60 million aircraft and the safety of some one billion passengers who travel throughout the nation each year. While the U.S. has one of the world's safest air traffic control systems, there is a general consensus that we need to make investments to upgrade this system's aging technology.

On April 19, 2016, the Senate passed a bipartisan bill to reauthorize the FAA's activities and financing through Fiscal Year 2017. The bill authorizes overdue investments in airport infrastructure and NextGen modernization and makes critical improvements to aviation safety, including strengthened security in areas like check-in and baggage claim. It also takes steps to provide for the responsible use of unmanned aircraft systems in concert with robust safeguards for safety and privacy. I was particularly pleased to work with my colleague Senator Mark Warner to keep all amendments out of the bill that would have authorized more perimeter rule-exempt slots at Reagan National. Such amendments would have increased overcrowding at Reagan National, exacerbated noise issues in nearby communities, and damaged the economic competitiveness of Dulles Airport. S.Amdt.3547 was not adopted as part of the final bill passed by the Senate.

This bill now moves to the House of Representatives. As the process moves forward, I will be sure to keep your thoughts on this measure in mind should it come up again in future versions of the FAA bill.

Tim Kaine
Politicians have a skill for not addressing questions or concerns. Keep writing Mike.

Reactions: baseballmom

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL

Dear Mr. Petro:

Tim Kaine

:facepalm:

Reactions: Pamawoman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread