• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Had to reset my counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nev

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2011
Las Vegas
:( I had a really bad day yesterday and smoked the remaining 2 packs of analogs I had left. They tasted like crap and I still did it. :facepalm:

But the good news, this morning I didn't have the urge to go and get more. I just started vaping at a little higher nic level and so far feel fine.

Now if I could just drag myself away from my PT and get something done!:vapor:

Last edited:

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Please! Are we the analog cops? I don't have time! LOL
You just go on, don't worry about the counter..almost everyone on this board has had a "few". Some vape and smoke.
Then there are people like me who are so additced to analogs that I can't even have one. If I did I would just go back to analogs. You are among the lucky..you can walk away again!
By the way..I am proud of you!

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
:( I had a really bad day yesterday and smoked the remaining 2 packs of analogs I had left. They tasted like crap and I still did it. :facepalm:

But the good news, this morning I didn't have the urge to go and get more. I just started vaping at a little higher nic level and so far feel fine.

Now if I could just drag myself away from my PT and get something done!:vapor:

It's just a step backwards....and now you are going forward again...that's all that matters!!! ((((hugs))))

I'm like MK, I can't have just one or I would be right back at it all over again.

starrynight

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
the galaxy
Aww I think you should put your counter back to where it was. You didn't "un-do" all you gave up so far, not even close! In January I was in Vegas on business, I had a ciggy in my mouth before they could say "place your bets!" Four days and two packs later that was it, time to go home and went back to vaping. I was like wow I did pretty good, back in the day it would have been at least twice as many cigs. I haven't had any since and as long as I stay outta Vegas I should be OK.:laugh:

Nev

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2011
Las Vegas
LOL Vegas will do that to you. Trust me :D Actually I was going to put it back, but decided in the end that it is not really there for me...it's there for other people to see that this can be successful. Helps remind me too, but I really don't need it. I know what I have done (besides it was only a few days).

I chose to quit kicking myself about it :)

maureengill

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Trainer PA
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
Hey NBG :)

I found that I slip once and a while (until I learn how to deal with my triggers properly)

My motto has been to not beat myself up about it. Stress def makes me want to smoke sometimes, but for the most part I've gotten over it I think. I used to have one of those counters in my sig, but found that it put more pressure on me than I liked. Kind of like telling everyone you quit and then if/when you do snap and light one up you never hear the end of it. As long as you don't give up on yourself you'll get back to where you want to be.

maureengill

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Trainer PA
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
I'm thankful because I seem to have gotten rid of most of my triggers, but weirdly enough...smoked a real cig on the last two sunday's for some reason. I'm not going to stress about it though. I decided that I'm a cheater...not a smoker :)

Thanks Maureen. I noticed mine was missing yesterday and am now deciding what to put there. I am taking the counters off too. I noticed now that the main time I want to smoke is just that....a trigger. Usually a meal, or I am bored or something like that. So far so good! :)

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Eatting has quit being a trigger..but driving is one for me! It seems that once I get in a car..I gotta vape! Sitting at the computer is bad too. I try to snack on sunflower seeds or crunchy veggies..sometimes I fall back on sugar free candy! I don't need anything in the morning unless we go somewhere.
Hang in there Nevada. It gets better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread